£12.99

Tommy_Belfast

3 minutes ago, Tommy_Belfast said:

Just saw a guy on Facebook offering FME for £12.99 says first file is free has roms etc but you need the 2nd file to run the roms at 12.99 which is available to him, says he dont own roms etc they freely available on web but for 12.99 you can get it running with his help....how many people will buy into this.

No one if they have any sense!

If they don't they may as well give their money to that guy from Nigeria who cold calls asking about your recent motoring accident!

It is as good as.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

badge icon

Michael James

Admin

· tS17ponfnsohrhged  · 

So then, at 21:02 on the 17th August 2020, a little experiment I was testing with a few roms and a few images exactly 116 days ago has now become reality!

At 15:32 today, a project that at times I thought was impossible some days to complete is now finally FINISHED!

It's been a long old journey, I've been bullied, name called, threatened and warned with legal action.

Luckily I'm very thick skinned and didn't stop me from continuing.

I've made costly time consuming errors, learnt new skills I didn't know about and it's been at stages a complete learning curve.

I've missed many release deadlines due to thinking it was an easy job to complete.

I can probably say this was the biggest job I've ever taken on since getting into emulation.

But one thing I never lacked was motivation, we have 141 members now including myself, kind words from you guys (and ladies) has spurred me on to finally complete this.

I've checked my work, everything has a logo and a video intro, everything should work as it should.

Today I paid for online storage so this is now downloadable.

Thank you all once again, a post will be released at 19:30 with all the details.

Kind Regards

Michael

Admin
  · tS17ponfnsohrhged  · 

So then, at 21:02 on the 17th August 2020, a little experiment I was testing with a few roms and a few images exactly 116 days ago has now become reality!
At 15:32 today, a project that at times I thought was impossible some days to complete is now finally FINISHED!
It's been a long old journey, I've been bullied, name called, threatened and warned with legal action.
I've made costly time consuming errors, learnt new skills I didn't know about and it's been at stages a complete learning curve.
I've missed many release deadlines due to thinking it was an easy job to complete.
I can probably say this was the biggest job I've ever taken on since getting into emulation.
But one thing I never lacked was motivation, we have 141 members now including myself, kind words from you guys (and ladies) has spurred me on to finally complete this.
I've checked my work, everything has a logo and a video intro, everything should work as it should.
Thank you all once again, a post will be released at 19:30 with all the details.
Kind Regards
Michael
Edited by Tommy_Belfast
  • Like 1

Jesus...Even the logo is very much like this sites....
I'll never understand why people rip off other peoples hard work and claim it as their own...
Can't believe he/she is charging £12.99 for what is basically free...
Some people are just scummy, lack morals and have no respect for others.
Report the person and anyone else that does it.
I always thought MFME was about preservation and not profit/ financial gain.
Don't let people like Michael put you off from what you do.
You do an amazing job and have helped many people get their addiction under control.
Like i always say " chuck it in the fuck it bucket" and report, report, report! :D

• Like 3

There's never really been much the industry could do about FME; they've tolerated it over the years - a scene where everyone does stuff for free for the benefit of everyone.  I mean fair enough a few donations take place here and there to cover site costs and group buys and so on, but no-one has ever sought to personally gain financially from it in any great way, because after all when you strip FME down to its core it really is just another form of piracy.  Not even Wizard sought to gain anything other than being able to share his work and make people happy.  If he did, various manufacturers would be baying for blood, hence the disclaimer on the front of MFME.

So it's galling and frustrating for members when some chancer comes along and tries to monetise FME for himself in such a blatant way.  Whether it's their layouts being sold, the emulator itself or potential donations being diverted away from a site they've worked hard on over the years, everyone who has participated in FME at any point in its history knows that it goes against the spirit of what the scene is all about.

But there's a reason why scenes like this one is free - it's because of the aforementioned piracy element.  As soon as you start selling a company's intellectual property without permission, for your own financial benefit, you're in trouble.  What you're doing is no different to selling knock-off DVD's at car-boot sales, or streaming football matches on a website you have to pay to join - you're ripping off large companies, and they don't like it.  With regards to FME you might say 'Yeah but all I'm doing is offering a service...', but you're still selling representations of the trademarked products of those large companies, potentially diverting money away from them and into your own pocket.  It's theft, no matter what way you look at it.  That's why some people selling Kodi boxes years ago ended up in jail or facing huge fines.

Inspired recently purchased Astra Games and Bell Fruit for tens of millions of dollars - all those big trademarked brands like Party Time, Cops n Robbers, Bullion Bars...they are all owned by Inspired now, a huge American company with an impressive legal department.  Inspired will be wanting to utilise those brands in the future to recoup their outlay.  They know all about FME of course and they tolerate it as much as anyone else - a free co-operative scene where no-one seeks to gain financially fro...oh dear.

Who's this guy, selling our trademarks and intellectual property without our permission?  Doesn't matter if it's not your emulator or even your layouts - you're selling them and personally gaining financially from it.  And it's all over the internet, Facebook, eBay...a massive long trail.  You've even got your own website up.  Maybe Inspired have instructed their Legal Team to look into this?  Maybe they're in touch with eBay's Legal Department right now, asking for records of every sale you've ever made that contains an Astra or Bell Fruit product, so they can build a case against you?  I mean they're counterfeit games really aren't they, when all is said and done.  They've laid out a fortune on these brands and they'll want to fiercely protect them.  One seller today becomes 10 sellers next week, 100 next month and before you know it, it's all out of control like MAME.  They'll be looking to nip this in the bud and send a message out to anyone else thinking of doing similar.

I mean it's not as if you'd get a jail sentence for it - you've probably only made a few grand over the years, if that.  Nothing like those Kodi-box sellers.  But the fines you might get - they'd wipe those profits out for sure.  And then there's the legal fees...I mean those are going to be devastating.  And who knows how many other manufacturers might fancy a pop whe...if Inspired are successful?  You can be as thick-skinned as you like, but ultimately you're in the wrong, and you won't have a leg to stand on.

But you never know, Inspired might be happy paying $120m dollars for a few companies including Bell Fruit and Astra, and then watching some plucky entrepeneur sell discs on eBay with Crazy Fruits and Reel King games on them, without their permission?  And keep all profits derived from the sales?

I'm sure you'll be fine mate 👍

Sleep well tonight...

Edited by stevedude2
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 3

No not Nicely put @stevedude2, BRILLIANTLY PUT!! Couldn't of said it better myself.

8 hours ago, Tommy_Belfast said:
badge icon

Michael James

Admin

· tS17ponfnsohrhged  · 

Kind Regards

Michael

Admin
  · tS17ponfnsohrhged  · 

Kind Regards
Michael

Yes it has all been revealed by PM and a lot more, Tony has already exposed this fraud and there will be more to come.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tommy_Belfast said:

Just saw a guy on Facebook offering FME for £12.99 says first file is free has roms etc but you need the 2nd file to run the roms at 12.99 which is available to him, says he dont own roms etc they freely available on web but for 12.99 you can get it running with his help....how many people will buy into this.

Not just £12.99 but a whopping afaik £29,99 for all you can get for free, £12.99 was for disc1 you then needed disc 2 to make it all work a complete rip off, the “only” good thing I saw was the video of how the machines were catalogued that looked smart unlike the seller..

Think I’ve seen DVDs sold on Amazon as well. Whichever way the seller tries to look at it or to justify their reason for doing it, they morally can’t as it’s basic theft, no excuse! The problem is the seller, they don’t care who’s sweat and time they rip off for a quick buck and that’s where the problem lies.

In an attempt for the FME sites and designers to combat this, I kind of have an idea but don’t know if it would be easy enough to put the idea into practice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chriss82 said:

Think I’ve seen DVDs sold on Amazon as well. Whichever way the seller tries to look at it or to justify their reason for doing it, they morally can’t as it’s basic theft, no excuse! The problem is the seller, they don’t care who’s sweat and time they rip off for a quick buck and that’s where the problem lies.

In an attempt for the FME sites and designers to combat this, I kind of have an idea but don’t know if it would be easy enough to put the idea into practice. 

Shoot!!

@bullionbars2011

Thanks for the link. It is nice to know that stuff that took me up to 100 hours to draw now has slotz-r-us all over it. 

Which now makes me wonder if Richy on fruitemu either has nothing to do with this, is one and the same, or is connected with this sap?

Edited by Amusements

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

14 minutes ago, Amusements said:

@bullionbars2011

Thanks for the link. It is nice to know that stuff that took me up to 100 hours to draw now has slotz-r-us all over it. 

Which now makes me wonder if Richy on fruitemu either has nothing to do with this, is one and the same, or is connected with this sap?

Link was already provided but removed over at The Mecca yesterday, it wasn't provided here for fear it would be removed again by Pete but was in the PM.

Richy is a separate entity and the aim is to protect all members so get where you are coming from👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Big J said:

Link was already provided but removed over at The Mecca yesterday, it wasn't provided here for fear it would be removed again by Pete but was in the PM.

Richy is a separate entity and the aim is to protect all members so get where you are coming from👍🏻

I don't believe they are connected. Richy doesn't act in a such a way and looking at the other persons past posts, clearly shows they are not connected.

• Like 1

He tried to force me to buy part 2 and I was like don't think so pal you think I'm that stupid in falling into your trap don't think so I'd rather support desertislandfruits then your pocket mate then he started to be very aggressive toward me when I said this website so I thought fair enough mate I've blocked him reported him and then suddenly his page went from Facebook..

But the worse part of it he had over 200 people in the group and he was selling this slot r us crap via usb/cd/download... 

People like that need shooting!!

Rant over

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bullionbars2011 said:

He tried to force me to buy part 2 and I was like don't think so pal you think I'm that stupid in falling into your trap don't think so I'd rather support desertislandfruits then your pocket mate then he started to be very aggressive toward me when I said this website so I thought fair enough mate I've blocked him reported him and then suddenly his page went from Facebook..

But the worse part of it he had over 200 people in the group and he was selling this slot r us crap via usb/cd/download... 

People like that need shooting!!

Rant over

@A:E This will answer your question over on the Busted thread.

• pete_w locked this topic