£12.99

Tommy_Belfast

Mmm that new account wouldn't have got through before reg left. This is a bating piss taking post. Well that's my mind made up, I will not be releasing another thing until this is all sorted. I'm not spending days working on shit for this numpty to say he will negotiate with members to rob our work.

Starskey your a cunt of the highest level and you are a scumbag. You wont be getting your thieving hands on anymore of my layouts as I will no longer release em.

• Like 5

Mmm that new account wouldn't have got through before reg left. This is a bating piss taking post. Well that's my mind made up, I will not be releasing another thing until this is all sorted. I'm not spending days working on shit for this numpty to say he will negotiate with members to rob our work.

Starskey your a cunt of the highest level and you are a scumbag. You wont be getting your thieving hands on anymore of my layouts as I will no longer release em.

1 minute ago, Tommy c said:

I don't blame you. After seeing this. I wont be making any more layouts either.

image.thumb.png.817ab96f0940b6df17e8754df574cd55.png

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

And that is exactly how the DVD sellers win. They won't stop, they have more than enough to carry on just as they are, who ends up getting hurt? The actual genuine lovers of FME, exactly as happened back in 2001 when people started using the leaked version of the emulator tools to make their own layouts.

It can never be 'sorted', it can never be 'fixed', all you can choose to do is rise above it and not let the anger win.

• Like 7

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

38 minutes ago, Amusements said:

image.thumb.png.817ab96f0940b6df17e8754df574cd55.png

That is totally unacceptable wonder what else has been changed on various other layouts

as @Chopaholicsays to not release stuff makes no difference apart from the only losers being the actual donators of these sites (fruit-emu included in that) whether the layout gets locked or not appears to make no difference either unless yours @Amusementswasnt “locked” on this occasion?

I will still carry on releasing as I’ve always done as said above it’s the loyal members that will lose out in the end!!

We All enjoy what we have and do don’t let the minority spoil that and taint these fme sites, it’s Not what @Wizardwould’ve wanted and I’m sure most on here feel the same.

this site either needs @Regback or to appoint some mods or admins to keep a eye on the site, you can’t expect @pete_wto do everything on two sites

if we’re going to save fme from the abyss then we need to look after what we have @Reg wouldn’t want to see all his hard work go dorm the pan due to a few chancers/ idiots

jusr found out via fruit-emu I can delete every file R76 has ever made, unfortunately I can’t delete his profile ... but every file Mmmm

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, stanmarsh14 said:

Tell you this much, if I even so much catch him sniffing about at Dad's, he's history! >:(

I did check Dads and there was a Starskey1960 in there, don't know if it is the same person as is a coincidence, if it isn't I apologise but just thought you should check it out to be sure.

22 minutes ago, Big J said:

I did check Dads and there was a Starskey1960 in there, don't know if it is the same person as is a coincidence, if it isn't I apologise but just thought you should check it out to be sure.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I don't think they're related but he's been deleted anyway as they've not been on the site for over a year. :D

35 minutes ago, dad said:

Thanks for the heads-up.  I don't think they're related but he's been deleted anyway as they've not been on the site for over a year. :D

Your site is just as important as DIF, if I ever see anything suspicious I will tell you regardless of anything else, just know that Andy.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2020 at 18:11, Chopaholic said:

The way to fix this is to provide an officially supported alternative via the main FME sites, we can talk about the specifics of how it'd work and what it'd look like in due course, and frankly, that'd be a far better use of everyone's time.

I haven`t been on the scene as long as most of you  and don`t know the legal ins and outs of MFME but if we cant beat them then lets try and offer an alternative does anyone else think that @Chopaholic idea is something to look at, maybe charging a small fee for a usb/disc once people have signed up and donated and then any profit if any could go to wizards family. I know when I signed up I did find everything a little confusing at the start so I can see why some people would be put off and go down the slots r us route. In short why not cut the middle man out.

6 hours ago, Tommy c said:

6 hours ago, Amusements said:

Couldn`t agree more with the c**t and scumbag comment but I do think not to release any more layouts would be letting him win especially because you two guys are so talented it would be a shame for no one else to see and enjoy all the hard work that you do, but I also get it having released a couple of layouts myself even if they were a bit novice.

16 minutes ago, Ginge said:

I haven`t been on the scene as long as most of you  and don`t know the legal ins and outs of MFME but if we cant beat them then lets try and offer an alternative does anyone else think that @Chopaholic idea is something to look at, maybe charging a small fee for a usb/disc once people have signed up and donated and then any profit if any could go to wizards family. I know when I signed up I did find everything a little confusing at the start so I can see why some people would be put off and go down the slots r us route. In short why not cut the middle man out.

Hi Ginge

Welcome to FME land.

The issue with DVDs is that it is against the rules to distribute this way and also as new layouts are born, an official release would need to be updated often.

I agree with Chopaholic that something needs to be done, as this has been going on for a long long time. Personally I have my own opinion of how I think this could be done and could work.

I think it would also be a good idea to involve all members, not really a vote as such but as a team sharing solutions. 

Too many cooks don’t always spoil the broth 😂😂😂

• Like 2

its a bit of a chicken and egg situation.They don't realise that this site exists so they buy the dvd by then its too late.

I think having a dvd service will make it easier for people to sell discs.There is really no need for it as pretty much every layout made is available here which wasn't the case previously .You can't play more than one at a time anyway(actually you can but you get my point).We need mods to ban these people.

8 hours ago, Tommy c said:

Maybe a bit of.an over reaction on my part,but this is just pure cockiness of the highest standard. Who the fuck does he think he is I mean fuck me what a sausage.

The thing is Tommy this is what happens when things escalate and all the name-calling and tracking people down and posting personal details on forums starts.

This really is the fundamental point I'm trying to make here, all that's achieved is a load of bad blood and aggro, and we end up with people registering here just to troll the community and set up fake desertislandfruits sites - and as gaz notes above there are already new Facebook groups to replace the ones that get shut down.

Calling people cunts and motherfuckers and saying they need shooting (which has all come from 'our side') isn't going to make the DVD sellers have an epiphany and think, 'Well I was just going to carry on selling the DVDs, but now I've been called a cunt I've decided to stop', and if anything is just going to make things more difficult for the FME community. (I note we've had a poll started for moderators, which is basically a reaction to the escalation over the DVD sellers.)

I was an angrier, younger man when FME kicked off back in 2001, and you know where the anger got me? Fucking nowhere. And it introduced a great deal of aggro for myself and other people into what should have been an enjoyable hobby for us all.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

• Like 3

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

I understand what your saying and agree with most of what you say. I've been around since 2006ish so I've read up on the history and stuff I missed. This stuff always gets my back up,maybe me calling him a cunt is frowned upon by some, but i speak my mind and that's what I think of these clowns. Posting of personal details is never acceptable and could be illegal to an extent maybe? But I dont think its malicious more frustration from other members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest i think as stated in another reply to this thread this guy has more to worry about than a few people here calling him names, The big players may be happy to let us use there copyrighted material for free and non profit, but when people start to trying to make cash from there work, they will start going after them hard.

For those of us fortunate to be here right at the start of the scene with MPU3/4 which wizard was selling it at £50 but then i believe he got some communications from Barcrests legal team, where after some discussions between the party's it was agreed that wizard could carry on with the emulator but he would not charge for it nor would he package it with roms. And this has been the situation ever since. So selling the emulator with any games is an outright breach of these conditions, however as Wizard is sadly no longer with us it would be up to whom ever now owns the emulator and associated rights to pursue this legally assuming they want to . The above may not be 100% accurate on how it became free and am happy to be corrected if any one who  was here at the beginning as a more accurate version of events at that time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

I understand what your saying and agree with most of what you say. I've been around since 2006ish so I've read up on the history and stuff I missed. This stuff always gets my back up,maybe me calling him a cunt is frowned upon by some, but i speak my mind and that's what I think of these clowns. Posting of personal details is never acceptable and could be illegal to an extent maybe? But I dont think its malicious more frustration from other members.

It is frustration of other members and yes I did call him a motherfucker, I've heard worse on the Mecca but remember It is the layout creators and the resource providers and some have spent 100's and 1000's of pounds and hours for then someone to just give them a proverbial slap in the face, if someone did that irl to you would you just stand there and say nothing or be nice? I'm sure that is a no!

It has nothing to do with aggressiveness it is a defence mechanism and 99% of the time the first reaction is usually the correct one or most true one. I don't blame you Tommy.

What is saying that more sellers on the market won't have the corperate world going ape shite as they are not getting their two penneth, instead of us all sitting here with our balls in our hand we need to counteract this, squabbling gets no one nowhere and it will always be the same shite if heads don't come together.

• pete_w locked this topic