Legacy Layouts - Updates

Geddy

1 hour ago, Tommy c said:

Will eagerly await your next update, probs see you here in about September :) 

Barcrest # - B now converted and uploaded... a cool 301 layouts done today... that's all for today I believe :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not Retired from FME June 2022

31 minutes ago, infection said:

Bellfruit gonna be the fun on Especially with beard fella

Barcrest is the biggy... it's a doddle after that one... :) 

Even with Ross' brilliant tool, each gam has to be opened to rename the layout.  All layouts and snaps have to be renamed to remove the resolution 'size' as with .fml it's irreverent.  Also by opening each gam file I can check if the rom names are consistent and not a re-name by someone down the line... hard work but in the end it will be worth it to have a consistent uniformed collection here.

• Like 5

Barcrest D and E converted and uploaded, not many today only about 100 layouts.  Found out the father in law passed during the night so busy with lots of family issues.. :(

I'll get caught up in the next couple of days... 🤞

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Firstly, thanks again for your continuous updates and dedication to the cause.

On your loss mate that is really sad and all jokes and sarcasm aside people are here for you. As stated there is plenty of time for the updates, just sort your head out fella and take a timeout with things.

Truly sorry and condolences to you and your family:(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Geddy said:

Barcrest D and E converted and uploaded, not many today only about 100 layouts.  Found out the father in law passed during the night so busy with lots of family issues.. :(

I'll get caught up in the next couple of days... 🤞

That's not good.  Presumably he lived over there, will she be able to go over?  Or will that not be allowed with the lockdown?  I guess travel would be hard with no planes, ferries etc.

NQ.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, niallquinn said:

That's not good.  Presumably he lived over there, will she be able to go over?  Or will that not be allowed with the lockdown?  I guess travel would be hard with no planes, ferries etc.

That's the main problem we can't get over to Poland to 'see him off.'  I believe they are holding a service type affair when the lock down restrictions are lifted and we can make it over there... 

Thanks for the support folks, means a great deal. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Barcrest F and G all converted now, another 134 done today :)

What time do you get up ?

Can you get up earlier please to do an extra fifty or so and you've got another eight hours of today left so back to work...

...seriously tho, thank you. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reg said:

What time do you get up ?

Can you get up earlier please to do an extra fifty or so and you've got another eight hours of today left so back to work...

...seriously tho, thank you. :)

Not possible today, was on food delivery duty from school, 90 odd parcels delivered to our vulnerable kid's families...  I'll start earlier tomorrow though :)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, niallquinn said:

I'm off work next week if you want some help with this?

NQ.

Cheers, I'm releasing a dat soon which will be rather large as it has all the conversions thus far in.  Then when you are 100% if you like you can do Voodoo up over if you like.  It's a ballache mind, all roms have to be checked, RAM zeroed etc etc... then you have to rename the file so the resolution is done away with as it's not relevant for .fml files.. cheers haha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big J said:

You'll need a bottle Scotch to get you through😉

I'm a bit of a malt guy, unfortunately my tastes are a touch expensive regarding the stuff... gotta love a drop of the Macallan...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Geddy said:

I'm a bit of a malt guy, unfortunately my tastes are a touch expensive regarding the stuff... gotta love a drop of the Macallan...

Fuck that!  If it's whiskey I'll chuck it down my neck whether its single malt or not ;)  Last time I was in Glasgow they had a bottle there for about £800 and I couldn't help thinking how many bottles of Aldi whiskey could I buy with that hahah!  I'm partial to St Andrew's though very nice that, even though its a blended whiskey.

• Like 1