The £100 Era

Reg

Good Morning All,

As we are in the £100 era now we must be sensitive to vendors the same way that the pinball scene is to Pinball Machines !

Can I ask that no machines with a rom that shows anything later then (c) 2016 is posted here.

I think this is a sensible way forward and putting this in place sets sensible ground rules.

Thoughts welcome please ?

• Like 9

Seems sensible enough to me, is anything more modern than that actually a runner though?

Then again the traditional reel based AWP is effectively dead now, so I'm not sure there's anyone really left in the industry to care about it!

As I understand it nearly all (all?) the £100 runners are going to be Reflex or Betcom. In the case of Betcoms they really are pretty much literally all the same machine, and Reflexes are just flat out awful, unplayable rubbish.

• Like 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

I only have a couple of roms so I don’t know - I just wanted to draw the line in the sand so that if something does come up that works then we are sensible.

The reality is you can get machines so cheap off eBay now that you could argue why have.a £1K PC to play when you can own the machine south of £200.

Then it’s only the old eBay ones that are on eBay so all we are doing is emulating what people can buy on mass as there is always something of other from 2016 available.

I wouldn't know about such things, but think it most definitely is a good idea.

I hope behind the scenes, anyone who has contacts with anyone in companies would alert you and others about any definite no goes, when it comes to layout releases.

As for the AWP market being dead, well I still say go into any medium sized Weatherspoons and you'll still regularly see upto 4 or 5 AWPs still present.

18 minutes ago, slasher said:

What about re-glasses? Betcom do a lot of them. 

For example, it's alright toast busters saying 2015 or whatever it says on it, but Worms only came out last year and it's the same game.

I would think that would run on scorpion 6 or pluto 6 so wouldnt boot anyway.

Let's be honest Betcoms have had the same profile since the £35 jackpot days. If you knew how to play Poker Face on a £35 jackpot, you know how to play any of their shit on £100 jackpots. (You could argue since the £25 jackpot days, as Jackpots That Rock 'N Roll started on £25 JP.)

'Force out a red top' - there you go, job done.

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

5 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

Let's be honest Betcoms have had the same profile since the £35 jackpot days. If you knew how to play Poker Face on a £35 jackpot, you know how to play any of their shit on £100 jackpots. (You could argue since the £25 jackpot days, as Jackpots That Rock 'N Roll started on £25 JP.)

'Force out a red top' - there you go, job done.

I don't disagree, but they might get arsey, that's all lol... also what if they do decide to try something else?

• 4 weeks later...

Again another note after what has happened today - please be sensitive to vendors.

I do not like taking action as per what I had to do on one thread - but this site comes first and I expect everybody to follow the three year rule here that I have asked.

It makes sense and it is the right thing to do.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 4