Best place to find old/newest downloads

jackpotjon05

Hi everyone, hope you're well.

Has this site changed around slightly since I last logged in?

The reason I was getting confused is I used to go into a place called artists corner and found some downloads in there, but I cant see it any longer?

To make it simple, where is the best place to find zip files, download them and play them please as im seeing so many subsections with different things in it, I do know where to look/not to look and finding it a bit overwhelming and confusing.

Thanks for all your help.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Hi everyone, hope you're well.

Has this site changed around slightly since I last logged in?

The reason I was getting confused is I used to go into a place called artists corner and found some downloads in there, but I cant see it any longer?

To make it simple, where is the best place to find zip files, download them and play them please as im seeing so many subsections with different things in it, I do know where to look/not to look and finding it a bit overwhelming and confusing.

Thanks for all your help.

It's the downloads section on the website.

• Haha 1

Part of the SD368 Group

3 minutes ago, SocialDragon368 said:

It's the downloads section on the website.

And that's why im getting confused......

Because for example I just asked someone to kindly provide the link for ''doctor who'' for me and under downloads its not under bfm machines,

so where is it please?

Click on downloads at the top of the screen, then on the right hand side you'll see legacy layouts. Click on Bell Fruit and then subcategory D and you'll find it under Dr Who Time Lord.

In this case though, you're lucky because there is an uptodate Pook version for later emulators and you can get the complete layouts with roms, under the Dxcellent forums part of the website.

In the search box at the top of screen, if you search for the word Doctor, you'll see the ninth thread shown is the one below.

You'll find the download link at the bottom of the first post under the picture and thanks to list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wearecity said:

Click on downloads at the top of the screen, then on the right hand side you'll see legacy layouts. Click on Bell Fruit and then subcategory D and you'll find it under Dr Who Time Lord.

In this case though, you're lucky because there is an uptodate Pook version for later emulators and you can get the complete layouts with roms, under the Dxcellent forums part of the website.

In the search box at the top of screen, if you search for the word Doctor, you'll see the ninth thread shown is the one below.

You'll find the download link at the bottom of the first post under the picture and thanks to list.

NOPE, did exactly what you said.....went into downloads, clicked on bell fruit and category D and the list is empty.

Go in there yourself, nothing in there under doctor who and this is what I mean about going all way around the houses to find stuff....not easy

• MrWhippy 2

23 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

NOPE, did exactly what you said.....went into downloads, clicked on bell fruit and category D and the list is empty.

Go in there yourself, nothing in there under doctor who and this is what I mean about going all way around the houses to find stuff....not easy

Fuck me static.... how simple can it be?   People have spent days and days making this section as easy as possible to the point if it was any easier we would have to come round your house and install them ourselves for you...

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

Edited by Geddy
  • Like 4

Not Retired from FME June 2022

I do agree that it is findable by clicking around, I assume jon maybe didn't click on legacy layouts. But he may have and then not seen it after clicking on Bell Fruit and then Bell Fruit  - D

However, to make things a little easier, Is there a way of making the list appear after clicking on Bell Fruit - D.

Or if not, maybe a change of description from download this file, to download a file. As unless you click on it, it does look like you'll be downloading a 367mb file, before you click on download this file and getting every Bell Fruit layout beginning with D.

• Like 1

When people got fed up with me asking questions were it was actually quite easy to find I did a thing called "browse". Stopped asking stupid questions and got very familiar with the site. Yes, it is massive but it is here to be used and abused(just a figure of speech). Take a day out or so leave downloading and soak up some information after all knowledge is power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wearecity said:

However, to make things a little easier, Is there a way of making the list appear after clicking on Bell Fruit - D.

Or if not, maybe a change of description from download this file, to download a file. As unless you click on it, it does look like you'll be downloading a 367mb file, before you click on download this file and getting every Bell Fruit layout beginning with D.

...the boss might be able to sort something like that which I hope does not involve me uploading it all again.  I can't do anything at my end.. but in all honesty as it stands it's mighty straight forward.

Edited by Geddy
  • Like 1

To be fair the "download file" thing confused me when I first went in the legacy layout section. I didn't realise that was how you'd bring up the list so thought I'd done something wrong and tried again.

I then thought maybe it downloaded all D layouts so figured ok, and clicked download file... which of course brought up the list, so I do sort of get where he's coming from.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Geddy said:

...the boss might be able to sort something like that which I hope does not involve me uploading it all again.  I can't do anything at my end.. but in all honesty as it stands it's mighty straight forward.

Nothing I can do to fix that wording.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slasher said:

To be fair the "download file" thing confused me when I first went in the legacy layout section. I didn't realise that was how you'd bring up the list so thought I'd done something wrong and tried again.

I then thought maybe it downloaded all D layouts so figured ok, and clicked download file... which of course brought up the list, so I do sort of get where he's coming from.

Yeah so what was the worst thing that could happen, you click it, it starts a big download, you cancel it... I mean it's hardly a life or death mouse click.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Geddy said:

Yeah so what was the worst thing that could happen, you click it, it starts a big download, you cancel it... I mean it's hardly a life or death mouse click.

100% agree and still no need to get shirty with us, but was just pointing out that it wasn't just him that got confused.

Wonder if wording on the description could be added. Something like "click the download now button for a list of files starting with A" or similar?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

F*ck me, whats the matter with half of you on here?

If maybe some people spoke simple English then certain members like me wouldn't get confused would they?

Hey, tell u what maybe I wont bother asking questions in future if all you are going to do is get slammed for it

No need to get shitty mate I was also confused at the legacy downloads (of which I don’t need atm) but topics like this will not only help yourself but others including me whom have the same problems as you, now it’s written in plain English!! 
 Thanks to all for the explanation in this topic.

• Like 2

Just now, vectra666 said:

No need to get shitty mate I was also confused at the legacy downloads (of which I don’t need atm) but topics like this will not only help yourself but others including me whom have the same problems as you, now it’s written in plain English!! 
 Thanks to all for the explanation in this topic.

Im not getting shitty mate, I just getting slightly annoyed that you ask a simple question which is the whole point of learning on a new forum and you get silly sarcastic comments from certain members simply being a tw*t

• MrWhippy 2

2 hours ago, slasher said:

100% agree and still no need to get shirty with us, but was just pointing out that it wasn't just him that got confused.

Wonder if wording on the description could be added. Something like "click the download now button for a list of files starting with A" or similar?

Exactly

56 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

F*ck me, whats the matter with half of you on here?

If maybe some people spoke simple English then certain members like me wouldn't get confused would they?

Hey, tell u what maybe I wont bother asking questions in future if all you are going to do is get slammed for it

Nothing really apart from being sick to the back teeth of working really hard to make this place as user friendly as the 'forum software' allows then getting asked the same questions time after time after time when 99% of them have been answered in plain easy to understand ways.  The problem is a  lot of folk want it all, want it for free and want it NOW without any effort on their behalf.

I can't see anywhere on here where the English is bad enough for you to have got what you wanted.  It was explained a couple of times how to get what you wanted but apparently you needed a click by click set of explicit instructions... sorry but use some common sense or dear me even read the Newbie section which again has taken someone a fair few hours to compile.

You only got 'slammed for it' (good English?) because you never thanked anyone for their help, you obviously never read any other thread relating to your point or managed to work anything else out for yourself, so yeah please fuck right off and fuck right off from DADsFME too since you asked a Q there because you did not like the answer you got here... 🙄

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Does anyone know why when I go into WinRAR why it says after 40 days I need to buy a license and how to get around this please?

Erm buy a license?

Not every program on the internet is free. This one is time limited although it will still work after 40 days, it just has a nag screen.

Edited by Wizard

1 minute ago, Geddy said:

Nothing really apart from being sick to the back teeth of working really hard to make this place as user friendly as the 'forum software' allows then getting asked the same questions time after time after time when 99% of them have been answered in plain easy to understand ways.  The problem is a  lot of folk want it all, want it for free and want it NOW without any effort on their behalf.

I can't see anywhere on here where the English is bad enough for you to have got what you wanted.  It was explained a couple of times how to get what you wanted but apparently you needed a click by click set of explicit instructions... sorry but use some common sense or dear me even read the Newbie section which again has taken someone a fair few hours to compile.

You only got 'slammed for it' (good English?) because you never thanked anyone for their help, you obviously never read any other thread relating to your point or managed to work anything else out for yourself, so yeah please fuck right off and fuck right off from DADsFME too since you asked a Q there because you did not like the answer you got here... 🙄

I think you'll find i'm always thanking people for their help if you are kind enough to take a look and I have also donated to thank members for their hard work.

Im not even going to rise to your pathetic post because I cant be bothered.

In regards to Dadsmfme, I thought why not ask the question on there, as I didn't know if the same members existed as they do on here, but again thanks.

• MrWhippy 2