Lets get reel authentic!

DazWhites

It came to my attention whilst having a dabble on some of these fruit machines, that It was so rare to play a machine in real life with all the bulbs working, no buttons sticking etc. Part of the joy of playing machines back in the day was never knowing if you had more nudges that were lit up, or where exactly your skill-shot landed on the money climber. Not to mention the double nudges of reels when the button got stuck down! Anyway could it be an option to have random bulbs that don't work for a real authentic experience?😀

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DazWhites said:

It came to my attention whilst having a dabble on some of these fruit machines, that It was so rare to play a machine in real life with all the bulbs working, no buttons sticking etc. Part of the joy of playing machines back in the day was never knowing if you had more nudges that were lit up, or where exactly your skill-shot landed on the money climber. Not to mention the double nudges of reels when the button got stuck down! Anyway could it be an option to have random bulbs that don't work for a real authentic experience?😀

you name the release of mine you want broken and i'll break it and send it.. haha.. throw a wobbler by barcrest i made with a broken bulb, vecs has done some before, or maybe spill some tea on the keyboard... (strongly not advised) :) 

• Haha 1

living the dream

December 2019 I played a DOND Perfect Deal with about 70% of the bulbs out, this meant you were both playing and counting in advance of pressing start eg when a SPIN square with broken bulb was 6 ahead you had to see if it span a 6 when you hit start.

Was quite good fun.

Your box will be CASHPOT

1 hour ago, dondplayer said:

December 2019 I played a DOND Perfect Deal with about 70% of the bulbs out, this meant you were both playing and counting in advance of pressing start eg when a SPIN square with broken bulb was 6 ahead you had to see if it span a 6 when you hit start.

Was quite good fun.

I played a partygames four player every machine had about 99% of its bulbs missing including hold  n start also they had no sounds that was far from fun

3 hours ago, dondplayer said:

Was quite good fun.

I have a redial DOND at the moment where only one light works on the DOND values..........

3 hours ago, DazWhites said:

I've mentioned this before.... like the top two lamps on Test Your strength missing......

One of the replies I got was that Chis (R.I.P.) always wanted to see perfection in the emulator - and I respect that.

• Like 2

Don't forget sticky buttons on machines were some kids dropped ice lolly over it and it decides it is going to properly stick at a pivotal moment. Ah, the good ol' days, lower than a 12, goes to a 2 for jackpot and button wedged lower.😬😂

Edited by Ze Frog