Emptiable ROMS

fjustices

Never known doable ROMs for it being available I'm afraid, shame, as I had a couple of real ones here where the reversing worked, then they got chipped out whilst still at the same location.

Was proper narked when I made my weekly visit and none of the gambles were working properly :D 

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Just The Ticket works but I only got the initial jackpot plus another 2 on video, so it's probably not worth posting on YouTube until I can get say 5 or 6 jackpots. 

We definitely need Up N Over original roms plus Ready To Rock £25 roms. Simpsons earlier roms would be nice too for the £60 or £75 run. Somebody mentioned DOND What's In Your Box earlier in this thread. Could be for the Win Stopper feature or just manipulating 2 and 11. The same person also mentioned Connect 4 which was a good empty on the quiz mchines.

20 hours ago, A:E said:

There is a Maygay machine called Cash Lines that is a clone of MMM, it was released a few years back now but it was a £10 version and was also emptiable.   Worth trying that. 

The layout is only on fruit-emu at the minute, though Vecs created it so he might upload here.

J

Yeah the trick is 100% working on that one, thanks. The others I tried on MMM just seemed to account the win properly, and would start blocking £4 wins, stop giving skill bonuses, and not spinning the boxed blue 7 on reel 2 during Reel Run. There was obviously a fix done by our careless friends over at Maygay at some point.

2 hours ago, Dougsta said:

Yeah the trick is 100% working on that one, thanks. The others I tried on MMM just seemed to account the win properly, and would start blocking £4 wins, stop giving skill bonuses, and not spinning the boxed blue 7 on reel 2 during Reel Run. There was obviously a fix done by our careless friends over at Maygay at some point.

Told you earlier in the thread that the Whitbread are the only emptier roms I have come across.

16 minutes ago, A:E said:

Royal Family already has a layout with the emptiable rom running I’m pretty sure.

J

Depends which version of 'doable' you mean, the one I have has had the 10p thingy (empty) chipped out, but the barcode/skill still works, the details of which escape me but I'm sure it'll come back to me if I fire it up and play it again.

It wasn't an empty though, more a way to rip the value, had a couple of real ones here.

HiLoWatha was a clone.

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Yeah hi lowatha and royle family would be good, you would need a way of putting in smaller coin denominations though. I was sure you had already done a video on this degsy ? I'm sure I can remember you showing how to add buttons to be able to insert 20ps etc, I dunno maybe I dreamt the whole thing

I’ve done the one in mfme.  Definitely works, you might need to add a 10p cash in on the layout.

If it hasn’t been released with the empty roms then we do have them 100% guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Chopaholic said:

Depends which version of 'doable' you mean, the one I have has had the 10p thingy (empty) chipped out, but the barcode/skill still works, the details of which escape me but I'm sure it'll come back to me if I fire it up and play it again.

It wasn't an empty though, more a way to rip the value, had a couple of real ones here.

HiLoWatha was a clone.

2 hours ago, A:E said:

Royal Family already has a layout with the emptiable rom running I’m pretty sure.

J

I didn't know that. I'm surprised nobody has made a video of it yet.

1 hour ago, fjustices said:

Yeah hi lowatha and royle family would be good, you would need a way of putting in smaller coin denominations though. I was sure you had already done a video on this degsy ? I'm sure I can remember you showing how to add buttons to be able to insert 20ps etc, I dunno maybe I dreamt the whole thing

Somebody must have showed how to add buttons for lower coins because I did this for Barcrest Rainbow Riches £35 and Count Ya Cash £70.

Another machine yet to be emulated with a jackpot trick is Barcrest Rainbow Riches Lotta Luck. None of the same machines released after Count Ya Cash are emulated though. These include Take It Or Leave It and Murphy's Millions.

Edited by logopolis

1 hour ago, Chopaholic said:

HiLoWatha was a clone.

The next program on Royle Family was a way to get value out which involved barcode and I think it was 2-3-1. Hit the cash amount when it goes up to £7 or more and the feature starts on Reel Benefit which can be £25.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, logopolis said:

The next program on Royle Family was a way to get value out which involved barcode and I think it was 2-3-1. Hit the cash amount when it goes up to £7 or more and the feature starts on Reel Benefit which can be £25.

That's the fella!

Had a couple of Royles and a HoLoWatha locally :) You really needed to be able to hit the cash amount very consistently though, as it didn't make getting the barcode easy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fjustices said:

That was for the super hold credit trick on Rainbow Riches :) 

1 hour ago, fjustices said:

Would love to try royle family but struggling to figure out how to add extra cash inputs, any idea anyone ? 

1/ Go into edit mode.

2/ Then right click on the layout, choose buttons/button. It will create a button.

3/ Right click on that button and choose properties.

4/ Then from the coin/note drop down box, select the type of coin.

For Scorpion 4, bit0 1 is £1, bit 1 2 is 50p, bit2 4 is 20p, bit3 8 is 10p.

You can naturally just repeat steps 2-4 to create several buttons.

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 2

Awesome mate thanks, I think I have actually managed to make myself a 10p button !  Now I just need to remember the trick haha. I did plenty of them so surely it will come back to me. Involves waiting for a bit whilst the win lines change and all that to force three holds on the treble bars

OK have actually managed to add the buttons and they work but I don't think I have the correct ROM as I distinctly remember having to wait on the machine to go back into attract mode before putting a 20p in after a hold yet it seems to go back to attract mode instantly so something not quite right there.

On 18/08/2020 at 11:45, Big J said:

It depends what you define as "emptier"?

1. Something you can take a few JPs out of?

2. Something that can still be emptied even if someone has already emptied it?

3. A continuous emptier where you could make it owe over and over again?

Surely the definition of emptier is simply you can take every coin from the machine, leaving it empty. 

Something you can manipulate to get a few jackpots is not an emptier (if it then stops you getting more out), although a low floated machine might run out of cash and 'go empty'. 

So

1. No

2. Yes, but if it's already empty, what's the point

3. Yes, but what's the difference between this and 2?

Examples

1. Vamp it Up

2. Donkey Kong

3. ?

Edited by Boulderdash