Emptiable ROMS

fjustices

Hey people, right ok so I need to stop making videos moaning about streamers for a bit and get back to my roots and do some machine videos. Problem is the ones I was going to do are ones that seem to be chipped on the ROMS I have, either that or I'm just terrible at the tricks haha. So I was looking for super pots, money money money and donkey kong. Anyone have or know about the emptiable version of the ROMS for these ? Any help appreciated.

Edited by fjustices

44 minutes ago, fjustices said:

Hey people, right ok so I need to stop making videos moaning about streamers for a bit and get back to my roots and do some machine videos. Problem is the ones I was going to do are ones that seem to be chipped on the ROMS I have, either that or I'm just terrible at the tricks haha. So I was looking for super pots, money money money and donkey kong. Anyone have or know about the emptiable version of the ROMS for these ? Any help appreciated.

Done emptier vids on MMM and Super Pots but don't have the emptier roms for DK as not seen a vid on it yet. There are plenty of emptier roms some harder than others but that is the fun of it all.

Here is a thread I created on them,

Edited by Big J

We have Super Pots.

Money Money Money I have only seen the £10 version and it doesn’t work on that one. You can do the trick but the machine sees it and compensates it properly.

I thought we had Donkey Kong somewhere.

Trail Blazer and Ice Burger both have emptiers(ish) that work on the ROMs we have. Psycho Cash Beast 2 is also one with empty potential.

For PCB2, we have the £70 upgrade ROMs, which can be trapped for jackpot in a few different ways. You can get £70 well before it is ready to pay, and I had mine running miles over % with a drift of over £200 in player's favour.

Its problems all relate to the fact that you can hi/lo on squares to add again. It doesn't see far enough ahead to allow for bonuses like Back 3 and Taxi + hi/lo (and things get worse for it when you have an Extra Life) and you can trap it for Nudges, Nearest Win, Reel Magic and even Zone 5 sometimes.

It's been a while since I found this, so I'll get back into it and come back with a definitive method. You need a good setup and things to go your way - you can't just do it every board. But I reckoned you could get £70 often enough to empty.

What's the Fun in the Sun trick?

Edited by Dougsta
Forgot Reel Magic
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, fjustices said:

Cheers guys good stuff. Yeah I think this donkey kong one is never going to be found right ?

Never say never, loads of different resources have turned up over the years, @Amot has just recently supplied a shed load of images and roms for hi res Dx's so there are always possibilities. If you take a while to trawl through this site you will find threads on what members wanted most in their collection which we don't have(I have a thread too somewhere). Some have turned up over years, some are yet to be discovered or someone may own the machine but not decided to dump roms or supply pictures.

5 hours ago, Dougsta said:

For PCB2, we have the £70 upgrade ROMs, which can be trapped for jackpot in a few different ways. You can get £70 well before it is ready to pay, and I had mine running miles over % with a drift of over £200 in player's favour.

Its problems all relate to the fact that you can hi/lo on squares to add again. It doesn't see far enough ahead to allow for bonuses like Back 3 and Taxi + hi/lo (and things get worse for it when you have an Extra Life) and you can trap it for Nudges, Nearest Win, Reel Magic and even Zone 5 sometimes.

It's been a while since I found this, so I'll get back into it and come back with a definitive method. You need a good setup and things to go your way - you can't just do it every board. But I reckoned you could get £70 often enough to empty.

What's the Fun in the Sun trick?

Ah ok, so PCB2 is similar to the Betcoms which have the add again bonus. With Fun In The Sun you need nudge gamble to fill the matrix, nudge in a small win and exchange for invincible. Here is a video I made.

Edited by logopolis
Wrong link attached before
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, logopolis said:

Ah ok, so PCB2 is similar to the Betcoms which have the add again bonus. With Fun In The Sun you need nudge gamble to fill the matrix, nudge in a small win and exchange for invincible. Here is a video I made.

Loving that Fun in the Sun trick. I've had a good play around with PCB2 and it's really just a rip. The machine will get into such a bad mood if it drifts too far over percentage that you won't even see a number on the winline for £20 to £30. You can get 2 or 3 jackpots before it just completely dies, as long as it was happy to begin with.

There isn't even a defined way to do it. You just need to get lucky, but generally you want a feature entry where Nearest Win is feasible, get your nudges built up first seems the best way, and then try and tease the Nearest Win out of it. Keep Zones and KO's low until you have the Nudge bank where you need it to be.

Another method is to gamble a fruit win up to a very high exchange (£10 or £15) and the exchange will sometimes allow an immediate trap for jackpot either off Reel Magic or Zone 5. You only need 7 shots once Zone 5 is open, since Red Mega Streak is guaranteed £70.

• Like 1

Yeah I never did italian job 2 so it's not one I could demonstrate. I'm wondering if there are any other obvious manipulators or emptiers from around my era that I haven't done. The one that bugs me is club italian job, I've been sent loads of ROMs but none are the emptiable version ! 

Why not just do another Super Pots video? I'm sure nobody will mind, and in fact it's 4 or 5 tricks rather than just 1, although you mainly exploit it via the one trick. You could cover off these extra tricks and try to get it running above 200%.

@A:E - if you do find the empty MMM ROM it would be great if you could post it please. I went through many £10 ones a while back and concluded that while you could get one jackpot out using the trick, it just seemed to kill the machine afterwards.

59 minutes ago, Dougsta said:

Why not just do another Super Pots video? I'm sure nobody will mind, and in fact it's 4 or 5 tricks rather than just 1, although you mainly exploit it via the one trick. You could cover off these extra tricks and try to get it running above 200%.

@A:E - if you do find the empty MMM ROM it would be great if you could post it please. I went through many £10 ones a while back and concluded that while you could get one jackpot out using the trick, it just seemed to kill the machine afterwards.

I have the Whitbread emptier roms😏 I'll upload them tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it😉

Edited by Big J

2 hours ago, Dougsta said:

There is a Maygay machine called Cash Lines that is a clone of MMM, it was released a few years back now but it was a £10 version and was also emptiable.   Worth trying that. 

The layout is only on fruit-emu at the minute, though Vecs created it so he might upload here.

J

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dougsta said:

Barcrest’s Overload is also worth a video. Easy trick, but takes skill to empty using it

Any details on that one Dougsta? I quite enjoy making the trick/emptier videos.

Cheers :) 

I don't consider myself and Cheerful Pessimist to be in competition, we've both made videos about the same machines over the last 2-3 years and TBH I think that's fine, I like seeing his take on things.

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Yeah I think I said as much in my latest video. It's interesting to hear other people's experiences and take on things. Some people may prefer one style over the other etc. Degsy has also been way more consistent than me at getting videos out which is great as it helps keep interest alive. I'm hoping to be a bit more active for a while, I've got plenty to moan about anyway haha but I want to get some machine videos in as well.

Oh another trick I thought of which I haven't been able to replicate is the vamp it up trick using the super pick a reel. I think it was actually a later program this worked on yet the ROMs seem to be all early ones.

1 hour ago, Chopaholic said:

Any details on that one Dougsta? I quite enjoy making the trick/emptier videos.

Cheers :) 

I don't consider myself and Cheerful Pessimist to be in competition, we've both made videos about the same machines over the last 2-3 years and TBH I think that's fine, I like seeing his take on things.

Yeah, I'll write up the details for you later today.

• Like 1

Money Laundry would be a good one if the roms are available.. As would be the Good times free win (Blink king crazy i think)

The manipulable DOND on the numbers (lower than a 2 and higher than 11) were good fun as well and off course the £35 DOND machine you could empy on 10p play... cant remember the name - but 2nd or 3rd feature was true skill.  My mate had 2! in the same Spoons - both being fully refilled daily.......

Would be awesome to see some more of the quiz machine tricks - such as Connect 4, there were a fair few of these knocking around as well

• Like 1