Emptiers!!!!!!!!!

Zippy

1 minute ago, A:E said:

You knew these, I thought you said you'd figured them out in the emulator recently?   

Not something I would plug, honestly I did do a lot of naughty plugging, (when fairly safe).  I would swerve plugging unless I was losing a wedge.

J

I heard some were using modified gas lighters and honestly I wouldn't go back to fruit machines as it don't interest me anymore as that era and time has passed and as you said things can turn out very badly but you got to admit that it was a great thrill and when we are young and dumb we don't give a toss. 

• Like 1

We travelled all over the UK, mostly seaside arcades as some city arcades were fire, with some dodgy gangs not wanting you on their turf, that was in the early 90's!!!

Here were some of my main go to places we would be at a lot.

Skegness, Ingoldmells, Chapel St Leonards
Scarborough
Whitby
Great Yarmouth
Caistor On Sea
Gorleston
Weston-Super Mere
Burnham on Sea
Newquay
Blackpool

Service stations were also frequented, depending on what was doable in them, there was usually something worth travelling for.

J

3 minutes ago, Big J said:

I heard some were using modified gas lighters and honestly I wouldn't go back to fruit machines as it don't interest me anymore as that era and time has passed and as you said things can turn out very badly but you got to admit that it was a great thrill and when we are young and dumb we don't give a toss. 

Yeah, we made our own clickers and fitted into fag packets.  Stealth was key ;).   That was going equipped though, if you can easily get to the plug that was a better option.

J

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, A:E said:

Yeah, we made our own clickers and fitted into fag packets.  Stealth was key ;).   That was going equipped though, if you can easily get to the plug that was a better option.

J

That wouldn't of been taking the main element out of a gas lighter, running a piece of wire out from the sparker to the edge and then covering with blue tack. I haven't a clue;)

10 minutes ago, A:E said:

My mate used to empty Barcrest Crystal Maze £6 and £8 token version (pre V3) by rubbing his trainers on the arcade carpet and making a charge.  Was quite something to see and often funny to boot.

J

Use to do that to Aces when they fixed Line and Spot the Ball as they had all that metal around the edges but Maygays some would have to scratch off the plastic on the on the curve under the buttons to get an effect. 

The service stations were pretty much unmanned back in the day, more so later in the evening.   They were pretty much on the ball with plugging though, one we went to had all the pluggable JPMs chained close to the wall.  But my spindly skinny arms could just about manage it ;)

J

• Haha 1

I remember my mate who was a real hard nut/goth and was only a little stocky bloke went to the Quicksilver on Reading High St to empty a SS and a couple of Ace machines. When we went outside after cleaning up and our pockets were full there was four youths outside ready to mug us but as soon as one of them started shooting off his mouth my mate decked him, broke his nose I believe then took out the other one before I could even blink. I did choke hold the other but let him go, could of been a different outcome as have been decked before myself by a Landlord but at least I got away with the dough hahaha.

1 hour ago, A:E said:

Plugging was always a last resort for us, pretty much anything could be sparked, clicked or plugged back in the day. 

We did all the 2p play BWB when they counted up, Rat Race, Win-A-Gain and literally all those BWB clones machines.  You could do it on any win but best to do it on the jackpot, the limit was around £8 I believe, after that it would clock round to 0 and you had to start again, was pretty dodgy as you had to power off and on a fair few times each win to accumulate but you could literally make £100+ a day on these, they were everywhere and they all worked.  No sure if this exploit was ever patched as it was just the way the games were written, maybe they introduced an on-off switch watchdog, but I don't think they did.  We didn't see many people doing them at all, best in big busy arcade.

You could literally go into any arcade and I'd say you could easy to 75% of the machines via some kind of power down. 

I figured out a way to empty 20p out of Barcrest lo-techs like Mirage, ones that paid 20p anyway.  Maybe £30 20p per machine.  

J

Barcrest had the full volume "hey, check it out" sound when it thought it was being strimmed or plugged. Frightened the shit out of me!

Bell Fruit would alarm if you switched them in and off too fast as well. 

I thought only the later Barcrests did it from £8-£10 onwards but yes it was loud and made me jump too hahaha

I never flicked BellFruit back then as never knew it and have only discovered it recently but have got a few more bits up my sleeve and will put them up either later or tomorrow. Well, I have to keep the suspense going;)

I don’t think I did mate, depends what area you are in.  We met a lot of people when travelling around.  You just swapped little bits, this was pre internet days ;).  

I just like talking about this stuff, always fascinates me and still gives me that buzz. I couldn’t imagine playing machines for fun without having any kind of edge, back in the day at least.

Loads of stuff we never knew, but because we travelled a lot you always could spot players back then, or people up to no good.

Lol.  I always remember going into an arcade in Great Yarmouth, a floor walker approached us straight away and asked us where we were from.  He said you can play here but we don’t stand for any messing about...  We had a little walk round and spotted 2 Cloud 999’s and a Blue Moon all CL’ing ;).   Literally everything was on it’s arse :)

J

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

Hahaha you most certainly knew your stuff, just very surprised about these BellFruit flickers. Cash Attraction, Double Chance, Cash Explosion amongst a a few others too. Quite hard to believe! 

I suspect someone somewhere was doing them.  I can't remember seeing them get done, I wonder if it effects the BFM's that has a Skill Cash feature, it would get slower and slower ;)

J

18 minutes ago, A:E said:

I suspect someone somewhere was doing them.  I can't remember seeing them get done, I wonder if it effects the BFM's that has a Skill Cash feature, it would get slower and slower ;)

J

No it doesn't but gets faster but the numbers will be in your favour most times even on a shite one plus you know (say Double Chance) that if you have anything which is a melon or lower and leave it, it would jump back on the melon on Reel Match . I am doing videos and do you dare me to put the first ever Maygay emptier up;)

Interesting stuff! I never had it in me to plug, i did it once in a pub, on a cloud 9 in stoke town centre and got caught by the landlord and came out with usual BS that a pound had got stuck. never did it again ha ha. Shipleys and mr Nudge were well on top with that sort of thing thanks to an influx of Blackpool players constantly trying to do it. there were plenty of other machines around to legit make money on during that period so i wasn't too bothered.i do wish that i knew then what i know now though lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big J said:

No it doesn't but gets faster but the numbers will be in your favour most times even on a shite one plus you know (say Double Chance) that if you have anything which is a melon or lower and leave it, it would jump back on the melon on Reel Match . I am doing videos and do you dare me to put the first ever Maygay emptier up;)

Which Maygay?

J

1 hour ago, ian duff said:

Interesting stuff! I never had it in me to plug, i did it once in a pub, on a cloud 9 in stoke town centre and got caught by the landlord and came out with usual BS that a pound had got stuck. never did it again ha ha. Shipleys and mr Nudge were well on top with that sort of thing thanks to an influx of Blackpool players constantly trying to do it. there were plenty of other machines around to legit make money on during that period so i wasn't too bothered.i do wish that i knew then what i know now though lol.

But this is the emulator and Ctrl+R is your friend;) Plus, Wizard won't throw us out the pub or arcade:icecream:

1 hour ago, A:E said:

If it's not just a 'normal' plugging method.  I only really like the interesting ones that make the machine do extra strange things ;)

...I will watch it if you upload it though, but I'm not going to dare you... 

J

I beg to differ when all the money is in ones pocket, it is or should I say was what it was and am damn proud of my past with fruit machines. Think of all of the members in this group that never knew, at least they can have a field day and enjoy what we did, that I call the unselfish syndrome as we could of kept all of these 'secrets' to ourselves. 

Anyway, here it is, 

If you do try this it will go absolutely mental, may the force be with youxD