New MFME 6.1

jackpotjon05

4 minutes ago, dad said:

Some of the files on Fruit Emu have been designed for other emulators, such as BFMulator, JPeMulator and Amber and will NOT run on any version of MFME without conversion (please forget about conversions for now - far too complicated)

Its possible that you've downloaded an incompatible layout.  If you attach the zip file you downloaded we can tell you for sure.

So does that mean there is a way of getting them running in MFME or not?

Reason I ask is can still use a JPM emulator on there, but cant find a BFM one any longer to run anything so thinking how I can run those without having to convert? Clearly I think im going to have to

Edited by jackpotjon05

3 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

So does that mean there is a way of getting them running in MFME or not?

Yes there is a way, but like I said forget about conversions at this point, concentrate on the basics.  Besides many of those layouts have already been converted, its just a case of searching for them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dad said:

Some of the files on Fruit Emu have been designed for other emulators, such as BFMulator, JPeMulator and Amber and will NOT run on any version of MFME without conversion (please forget about conversions for now - far too complicated)

Its possible that you've downloaded an incompatible layout.  If you attach the zip file you downloaded we can tell you for sure.

Now youre asking, no idea how to upload that.

So if MFME wont play any of the JPM or BFM games how do you run them when I cant find a BFM one on the fruit-emu site please?

I see the JPM one there, but not the BFM one

Just now, dad said:

Yes there is a way, but like I said forget about conversions at this point, concentrate on the basics.  Besides many of those layouts have already been converted, its just a case of searching for them.

OK great, where do I find the old and new games please?

Are they all listed together or in different areas of this site?

Just now, Wizard said:

Please learn to walk before you try running! Rome wasn't built in a day etc

That's very true.

Maybe ill start by looking on here and running some games in 6.1 now that's up and running and go from there.

I know I keep asking but could someone kindly point me towards the old/new layouts and where to find them?

Thanks so much for everyones help, I do appareciate it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wizard said:

Please learn to walk before you try running! Rome wasn't built in a day etc

Bfmulator is there in the Fruit Emu downloads section but PLEASE forget about any other emulator other than MFME.  You're just confusing yourself.

Like wizard says "learn to walk before you try running".  Yes it can be complicated for a beginner but you're taking on too much right now.

• Like 1

I know this might sounds like a silly question, but before all of this I used to have the BFM, JPM and 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and 10.1a versions all stored on my CD until my pc decided to corrupt the whole lot and delete EVERYTHING.

To save all this messing about, why were all those emu's removed from Fruit-emu, as could have just easily gone back there and ran the older games on those (just as I did before) 

I may be barking up the wrong tree but it seems silly to get rid of them as all used to be under downloads and now gone apart from Amber and JPM emu

4 minutes ago, dad said:

Bfmulator is there in the Fruit Emu downloads section but PLEASE forget about any other emulator other than MFME.  You're just confusing yourself.

Like wizard says "learn to walk before you try running".  Yes it can be complicated for a beginner but you're taking on too much right now.

I couldn't find it

35 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

I do apologise for all these posts, but where do I find all the releases please new and old?

Finding it hard to navigate around the site and find where all the releases are?

Thankyou

There is no need for apologies mate just take your time, it sounds like you want it all yesterday(and yes I felt like that when I first started). I found that if you take the time to browse the site a familiarise yourself for a while with the site and gather info you won't get so frustrated. I believe Degsy aka Chopaholic has done tutorials over on you tube, why don't you search up him up and you can also find it on here somewhere.

BARCODE...BFM... FOR MFME! (have you even tried to look for youre "OLD" layouts in the new updated form in the download section here? everything you will need is there)

all it took was a 5 sec search in the download area on this site to find it........

As me and others have stated here...FORGET the jpemu and bfmutator layouts..there are more upto date layouts for MFME 6.1...V19.XX

and what is the version of windows that you are running? you have been asked several times, but never replied....

if you have windows 10, FORGET that the other MFME versions even exist for now......

As big j says no need to apologise I was like you when I first found fme still am lol,

infact I was probably worse I downloaded layouts but didn’t put them in their separate files so had all parts of all layouts in one  Big file then they all fecked up, but look at me now still shite lol

anyways calm down take one step at a time and with the experts helping you you’ll be running In no time

i just hope When you’ve sorted this you won’t run off to the hills never to be seen again!! I hope in three months time you’ll still be a regular poster and joining in this great site and others

anyways get mfme v5.1 runs first and convert some older pre 2016 mfme layouts first then move on from there Via mfme v6.1 and so on

there’s plenty of time to progress through the emulators 
goodluck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dad said:

That's strange, so why didn't I see that under the download section of fruit emu?

Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

I see them now, but used to have v1 and v2 have they been updates/changed since I was last there?

33 minutes ago, shaun2097 said:

BARCODE...BFM... FOR MFME! (have you even tried to look for youre "OLD" layouts in the new updated form in the download section here? everything you will need is there)

all it took was a 5 sec search in the download area on this site to find it........

As me and others have stated here...FORGET the jpemu and bfmutator layouts..there are more upto date layouts for MFME 6.1...V19.XX

and what is the version of windows that you are running? you have been asked several times, but never replied....

if you have windows 10, FORGET that the other MFME versions even exist for now......

Oh I see. So you got that one from this site?

I downloaded the one from fruit-emu and it wouldn't work.

Can I just ask one question.....

I thought someone posted on here that no MFME emulator will run JPM or BFM games so how does this work as seems awfully contradicting?

Just now, jackpotjon05 said:

Oh I see. So you got that one from this site?

I downloaded the one from fruit-emu and it wouldn't work.

Can I just ask one question.....

I thought someone posted on here that no MFME emulator will run JPM or BFM games so how does this work as seems awfully contradicting?

MFME will not run layouts that are produced in the Jpemu and Bfmulator emulator. But will run JPM and BFM machines themselves.

Most machines layouts that were produced for Jpemu and Bfmulator have versions produced for them for MFME.

1 minute ago, wearecity said:

MFME will not run layouts that are produced in the Jpemu and Bfmulator emulator. But will run JPM and BFM machines themselves.

Most machines layouts that were produced for Jpemu and Bfmulator have versions produced for them for MFME.

I see.

Ive just gone into the download section and come across a game called ''along the prom'' but when trying to load in 6.1 it comes up with only runs in emulator 19. something or over.

Is it only some games and not all that run on here then as only running 5.1 and 6.1 atm

I see.

Ive just gone into the download section and come across a game called ''along the prom'' but when trying to load in 6.1 it comes up with only runs in emulator 19. something or over.

Is it only some games and not all that run on here then as only running 5.1 and 6.1 atm

If you get that message, it means the layout was produced in v19, so will only work in v19 and beyond.

If you have Windows 10 , use v5.1 and v19 only.

Forget about every other emulator, whether it's MFME or not.

If it won't load in v5.1, then use v19.

If it will load in v5.1, then once you close it and save it, it will work in v19.

It really is that simple.

Just now, wearecity said:

If you get that message, it means the layout was produced in v19, so will only work in v19 and beyond.

If it will load in v5.1, then once you close it and save it, it will work in v19.

So v19 will run games that state 19.4 or 19.8 will they?

Or is that a different emulator again?

Ive got windows 10 so should I not be running 6.1?

So v19 will run games that state 19.4 or 19.8 will they?

Or is that a different emulator again?

Ive got windows 10 so should I not be running 6.1?

If you have Windows 10, then you should be using v19, download that and run the installer, then use the "Check For Updates" option in the About Box to upgrade it to the latest version ( which currently is v19.8 )

You can then forget about v6.1 as it won't be needed.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1