New MFME 6.1

jackpotjon05

Had you of been a bit more transparent with what Windows you are running you could of saved yourself quite a bit less bother. This is why I said take your time buddy, read carefully and answer questions that are given to you. Windows is the engine for running v19.

Have you updated v19 yet as you were instructed?

46 minutes ago, Wizard said:

If you have Windows 10, then you should be using v19, download that and run the installer, then use the "Check For Updates" option in the About Box to upgrade it to the latest version ( which currently is v19.8 )

You can then forget about v6.1 as it won't be needed.

Ive managed to do everything you have said, but having a bit of a tech issue.

Ive got rid of 6.1 and installed 19.0 and clicked the ''about'' for updates......

It then updated itself to 19.8 successfully and I got a notification saying all complete, so i went into the emulator and halfway through the T's and C's it kicked me out of it and then said updates couldn't be updated successfully due to a virus being present in the software, so my pc stopped it.

What I cant understand is how it managed to update itself successfully and then reverted itself back on its own to 19.0 without me doing anything?

Think im getting there now Wizard, but updates seem to go in and then removed themselves after ive done it

Just now, Big J said:

That is because of your anti virus software, you need to change the settings on that to allow ALL updates through. I don't have anti virus because imo it is a hinderance and there will NEVER be viruses from Wizards emulator/s.

I'm sure Wizards software hasn't and I wouldn't dream of saying it had viruses on it but im only going by what my PC told me....

Updates stopped due to virus found

1 minute ago, Big J said:

I know you didn't say that mate, you will need to disable your anti virus then do the update.

And can I put it back after it updates or will it remove it again once re-installed?

Can anyone advise what settings to use to allow it without completely disabling my anti-virus

You can but when you download stuff at time to time you may have issues again, including when Wizard updates or brings a new emulator version to the table. I binned mine and just use standard windows software like defender etc, have done for the past 2 years and never had issues but it is your descision.

1 minute ago, Big J said:

You can but when you download stuff at time to time you may have issues again, including when Wizard updates or brings a new emulator version to the table. I binned mine and just use standard windows software like defender etc, have done for the past 2 years and never had issues but it is your descision.

But then im not going to get anywhere or be able to run it unless I can bypass my anti-virus am I?

What did Tommy C mean by run as admin, is there a way?

4 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

But then im not going to get anywhere or be able to run it unless I can bypass my anti-virus am I?

What did Tommy C mean by run as admin, is there a way?

Running as admin may not help as your system will allow it but your anti virus is a separate entity and may/may not allow it unless you go into your anti virus settings. 

Just google your question and you will find the answer somewhere. What anti virus are you running?

35 minutes ago, Big J said:

Running as admin may not help as your system will allow it but your anti virus is a separate entity and may/may not allow it unless you go into your anti virus settings. 

Just google your question and you will find the answer somewhere. What anti virus are you running?

Mc Afee

That's strange.

Tried to download updates again and this time its gone through......for now anyway.

Just a bit worried about further updates really and see if my anti-virus allows this.

I cant get my head around that at all, because the virus software is still running, but this time it thinks...………...Ill allow it but I wouldn't just now.

How does that work or will it try and remove it when it finds it, or can it not now its done?

14 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Just a bit concerned that Mc Afee said the update was stopped due to a virus, but don't worry we've stopped it which surely means there is a virus within it?

Or are some anti-virus programmes just paranoid? LOL

A virus within what.

I had Mc Afee when I first bought my system two years ago and Norton 360(so crap and well overpriced imo) years ago, first thing I did was deleted lol because everything was a virus to it. These anti virus programs even think they give themselves viruses, what a joke!!

Edited by Big J

so you now have mfme v19.8 running , working ok i had the same problem with avast security it does everytime mfme is updated it locks it away for five mins then says its fine to run etc

as others have said i can 1100% guarantee wizards emulator is virus free  just these security programs don't like em

6 minutes ago, Big J said:

A virus within what.

I had Mc Afee when I first bought my system two years ago and Norton 360(so crap and well overpriced imo) years ago, first thing I did was deleted lol because everything was a virus to it. These anti virus programs even think they give themselves viruses, what a joke!!

Exactly, totally agree with you.

Now ive got it running, on a different subject completely u know the input digital counter which tells u what you've put in?

Sometimes theres 2.....an input and and an output but on Addams family theres only an input.....

Is there anywhere else to see their % and target and currently running at % as this things going crazy and doesn't seem to want to take at the moment? LOL

Its ok ive found it under configuration.

Thanks again for all your help today guys, I really appreciate it and everything seems to be running perfectly now and all up and running.

On a slightly different subject completely, when I ran my JPM emulator yesterday and ran Ricochet can anyone like maybe Wizard explain why it ran perfectly at speed......it paid out and now when I launch it, it runs REALLY slowly?

Is it anything to do with the memory slowing the game down as find it strange that it runs fine yesterday and now runs slow today and I mean really slow?