Hey Newbies! How did you find DIF?

spa

Lots of new members lately, welcome to all!

How did you find Desert Island Fruits? Youtube? Facebook?

Over too you! :)

• Like 2

it's fekkin paradise for this comparative n00b, always so much to learn, but since day dot.... a welcome part of the cats and blue movies i call the internet! the years of work, knowledge and desire to keep the equally best & worst of our youth is something to be humble for.. big ups to all the veterans, contributors and alike. 

without mfme i'd be resigned to adding more tales of yesteryear and only my snippets of reminiscence to use for examples. 

i regularly share the site to players and (still) sick addicts today as the joy really is for us (i'm confident in saying) invaluable. be it 2p to £500 and beyond there is more than can be put into words eloquently enough by me.

any newbies that read this please share your tales, say hello, i can assure you it's a nice place to be!!

woodsy

• Like 2

living the dream

Yes I was going to post similar, that it's great to see several new members, not just post an introduction, then never posted or hit the like/thank button for the layouts they have downloaded.

Donating of course helps, the site, but taking part on the forums, is important as well and actually gets people more assistance when they need it. Doesn't have to be daily posting, just a few posts, likes and thanks every few weeks is good.

If people are going to donate, then now is the best time, because they will take advantage of having a full years worth of downloads.

• Like 2

Good topic, @spa

The site had about 4,400 members for ages then recently it's been going up & up & up to the 4,870 we have today.... where are they all coming from???? I'm interested to find out!

I use TikTok alot but a search for fruit machine emulator only brings up videos from 3 creators including myself... another i recognise from here, @World of Vp but that's pretty much it.. and i only did 2 videos of it... so anyone here on TikTok, we need to spread the word more i think...

maybe i should make some showing me playing MFME with the MFME Keyboard i made...

Cheers,

Gary.

• Like 2

Think I found this site on Google looking for old retro fruit machines... still a little confused about running the downloads through MFME, but will post about this later. Got to say though, the hard work you guys are putting into these machines is really incredible! A labour-of-love, I am sure.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone. Been in the Fruit machine industry from around 1995 to 2006ish where I worked for Maygay machines, who where later called Impulse gaming and then Inpired Gaming (they still are today) I moved house late last year which gave me the chance to get my Great Escape Fruit Machine out of storage (for many, many years) Id help creat the theme/concept. Im a product designer but like to get involved in the game play. However my machine wasn't working so started to look for help and found contacts through Facebook groups and online and lead me to here and started chating to a few people! Got it working and now looking to say in contact and regain some interest in this area again which I loved back in the day!! @innfxction

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jamie C said:

Hi everyone. Been in the Fruit machine industry from around 1995 to 2006ish where I worked for Maygay machines, who where later called Impulse gaming and then Inpired Gaming (they still are today) I moved house late last year which gave me the chance to get my Great Escape Fruit Machine out of storage (for many, many years) Id help creat the theme/concept. Im a product designer but like to get involved in the game play. However my machine wasn't working so started to look for help and found contacts through Facebook groups and online and lead me to here and started chating to a few people! Got it working and now looking to say in contact and regain some interest in this area again which I loved back in the day!! @innfxction

Welcome to the site mate 😎😎

ezgif-6-228f2c936d48.gif