Future Astra Games MFME Releases feedback please?

itspartytime

Hey All,

Been a while after a crappy year, now its coming up to winter nights so thinking about some more Astra Games Layouts that I have started/re-editing/thinking on.. and wanna hear what you all think - what would you like me to finish off first to beta test and release?

I have got on the go (but unfinished) Reformatted Party Time Bingo 4 player with brand new base cabs and new top box detailing on lamps, on £25/5jp?

I am thinking of remodelling all the Party Time original and rebuilds (10p 40p), into the smaller cabinets that I used on Deluxe/Hot X and BB I released earlier in the year - so all same scale? I noticed not many jackpots was released, so I could do the original on £15 or £25 JPs? again would love to hear what YOU think?

Bullion Bars Classic I released on the 40p Star £5 JP, in my favourite artworked cabinet I made so far earlier this year, would any of you want to see it in £25/£35 JP?

I am nearly ready to launch Bullion Bars Streaks! Bar top cab fruit machine on 30p £15 - but artwork is all made from scratch as no original pics in HD available to Modify.

I may remod Top slot again into the small cabs I have made as a kind template.

I also wondered as Party Time Arena's last update was over three years ago - it was only released on £25 and the quality of artwork back then was amazing but looks a bit tired now - would anyone like to see this redone or different jackpots?

The biggest suggestion I have as - as we can't get Pluto 6 to emulate still (as far as I know?) for Astra Tech, would you like to see me modify Bullion Bars £5 (Classic) £25 Deluxe into a WOW Cab (so its a kinda hybrid where lamping wouldn't be great and very basic which may suit slower PCs??) I would have done Party Time but WOW cabs for likeness uses Alpha Display where as roms for PT use 7 segs..

Loads of creative ideas! LOL - so would appreciate what YOU lovely lot would like to see me TRY and re-create. Ideas on a 'virtual postcard' below please. 

Peace - Luke aka AstraFruitMachineCollector / AstraLuke

Personally I think all the astra multiplayer releases are fine as they are 

do you have any screenies of these future wips?

what happened to partytime bingo £5 wasn’t you making this one?

as for the partytime series I doubt it’s possible as not sure what tech it’s on but what about the platinum ones as in £35 & £70 id love to see those rare ones

bullion bars arena would be a good one a four player we have the roms in @dads three player but no four player arena atm

the WoW cab ones would be good yes it uses a alpha but what it you added a alpha on partytime deluxe does it do anything?

and thinking about it the bullion bar clones like treasury, I don’t think that’ll run due to tech but what if the treasury sounds were added to bullion bars or would it error?

finally do you have any plans on making the older Astra’s like stampede etc 

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

I've love to see a DX of Stampede!  

@itspartytime Perhaps focus your time, if you can spare some, on the games that haven't been done rather than re-releasing existing. It's entirely your call on what you want to do though. I'd love to see the older late 90's to early 00's standalone games playable as DX's vs an updated PartyTime, but that's just me.   PS - my Ready to Roll arrives very soon... ;)

Edited by monkeyboypaul
  • Like 1

About me: Arcade, Pinball & Fruit machine fan. 

At home: 7x Pinballs (90's to present day - Fish Tails to Metallica), JPM Monopoly60th (£10), Astra Reel Stampede (£10), Astra Double Jackpot (£5/£15), Astra Ready to Roll (£10/£5) & Astra Classic Slot (£15) bartop. 

Looking for: Astra Bartops, JPM Big50, Big Banker, Big Bucks, Money Talks & Maverick. 

Most of what can be done has been done. The likes of double decker, house of fortune etc are Pluto 6 and unfortunately not supported in the emulator.   I did ask wizard about these way back and he said it’s a hell of a lot of work for just a few machines.

I have got an Astra Wip (thanks to @Reg) in the pipeline but is some way off.

• Like 4

On 10/11/2021 at 13:27, TopShaun said:

Id love to see the original Party Time ,3 player  stand up on either £25 or £15 jp. I think the Party Time Arena we already have is great, but im not an expert on Emulation. 

Yeah the arena me and Dad worked on that together. However I am trying/thinking about making all multiplayer releases look same scale and quailty with higher res images than say we had 6 years ago. 

£15 and £25 upright PT will be upcoming soon using my own built cabs ;)

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 13:09, monkeyboypaul said:

I've love to see a DX of Stampede!  

@itspartytime Perhaps focus your time, if you can spare some, on the games that haven't been done rather than re-releasing existing. It's entirely your call on what you want to do though. I'd love to see the older late 90's to early 00's standalone games playable as DX's vs an updated PartyTime, but that's just me.   PS - my Ready to Roll arrives very soon... ;)

I havent any images or knowledge of these now Astra classics to know how these played. I was more the Ready To Roll.. Celebration.. Big 10 era (very low techs) as my local arcades back then hadnt had the now very rare classics lol multiplayers are kinda my speciality except for the bar tops which I am working on alas lack of good images of these rare machines make the DX very very hard.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:04, vectra666 said:

as for the partytime series I doubt it’s possible as not sure what tech it’s on but what about the platinum ones as in £35 & £70 id love to see those rare ones

bullion bars arena would be a good one a four player we have the roms in @dads three player but no four player arena atm

the WoW cab ones would be good yes it uses a alpha but what it you added a alpha on partytime deluxe does it do anything?

and thinking about it the bullion bar clones like treasury, I don’t think that’ll run due to tech but what if the treasury sounds were added to bullion bars or would it error?

Screenshots kept under wraps for the mo. As not really cobbled any far enough to 'preview'.

Bingo as per my post is currently a bit stuck. I've done £5 slaves and only got artwork for £25 top atm. Will be photoshopping that soon. (Preview of slaves to come very soon.

Platinum was Pluto 6. But I have a basic Wow cab WIP to use arena/deluxe roms in. Which the lamping being very minimal may well be handy for those with less powerful laptops to play 😉

Io3 roms arent editable to my skills or knowledge. However sounds on pluto tech that Treasury etc use are .hsf files that dont play on pcs sadly.

As per other reply astra multiplayers the very basic single dome cabs and bar tops I've ever played on for me to kinda know how to lamp or create dx for. I have plenty of Electrocoin images but still cannot emulate 🤣

On 10/11/2021 at 12:04, vectra666 said:

Also the roms in @dad s machine are deluxe based i think. would either of you be able to let me know. I've already got an arena in my private collection made but adapted to use deluxe roms. The layout I made then is too 'clunky' for 80% of our followers. No one I've asked ever had the "real real" arena rom files. Cheers guys 

The mention of Stampede reminded me of a picture I took in Coral Island in Blackpool, sometime in the late 1990s I think, the meta data says 31/10/1997 but not sure if this is correct as it was taken with a film camera(!)

There is a picture of a Stampede, the one that is 2 to the left of it is a 777 Heaven I remember that was £10 all cash with 10 repeats round the perimeter - never saw it go all the way but was an interesting idea...

Coral Island.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, BarXQueen said:

The mention of Stampede reminded me of a picture I took in Coral Island in Blackpool, sometime in the late 1990s I think, the meta data says 31/10/1997 but not sure if this is correct as it was taken with a film camera(!)

There is a picture of a Stampede, the one that is 2 to the left of it is a 777 Heaven I remember that was £10 all cash with 10 repeats round the perimeter - never saw it go all the way but was an interesting idea...

Coral Island.jpg

Never heard of super 777 heaven 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, itspartytime said:

Yeah the arena me and Dad worked on that together. However I am trying/thinking about making all multiplayer releases look same scale and quailty with higher res images than say we had 6 years ago. 

£15 and £25 upright PT will be upcoming soon using my own built cabs ;)

Looking  forward to it mate.😀

• Like 1