Desert Island Retro

What did you buy today ?

Reg

USE THIS THREAD TO SHOW OFF YOUR LATEST GOODIES !

---

I'll go first. So... not strictly brought today - but arrived today.

This is a digital tape recorder that works off SD card for when my Spectrum Next arrives.  A spectrum game is placed next to it for size.

aaa.thumb.JPG.4f47f40e18d561b02e4e1684347f16a3.JPGIMG_4614.thumb.JPG.5c45d2740c94866107fadbf1e4f962e9.JPG

• Like 2

spectrum wow blast from the past -Manic miner,jet set willy ,jet pack and hunchback a few very old classics I dont own a spectrum I have got series 1 mega drive (with volume on it)snes ,master system ,playstation 1 chipped(about 250/300 games ) and I'm in the middle of building arcade machine running Hyperspin got all the internals sorted just need to build cabinet (get wood and find the time lol)

• Like 2

Still got my rubber key speccy tucked away somewhere.  Not sure if it even works now.

I also had a 48k & a 128+2 with the light gun & remember playing fruit machine simulator till 4 in the morning lol  Be interesting seeing what this thing can do though!

Oh yeah, Dizzy still rules ;)

• Like 2

Casette 50 seemed to be on sale forever - there was a reason it was cheap and "value" for money.

This is the bastard thing that should have never existed...

Kid - I want a new game.

Parents - No way in hell - you've got 50 games you've clearly not played them all.

These were the same kind of parents that would buy you ONE Stormtrooper for your Star Wars figures and NO MORE as you already had that figure - missing the point totally.

• Like 1

I have a vivid memory of helping my Dad fit our kitchen in our old house, spent all weekend helping him by 'holding' things while he cut or screwed them. My treat was a game of my choice. Fully how nostalgic games are linked to other memories of family and simpler times :)

I chose well...

• Like 1

DX Banner.png

Ha ha, I remember playing this one cold winters evening on my friends Spectrum...   Could have been yesterday, I remember afterwards we played out in the snow.

I distinctly remember it being just after Christmas cause I’d got a ZX Spectrum + my dad took me and my friend to boots in town to get a game, it was Dec 27th 1985, the roads were treacherous I remember our car spinning on the ice.   I got Rambo, my friend got Commando.   We seemed to be in there for hours. Great times and memories.

J

• Like 2

i remember either sinclair user or your sinclair having a feature about how the 48k speccy had the same insides as the 128k speccy and all the diffince was is a small program to tell it to run in 128k mode..

it had a program printed on the page that you could manualy type in and change the 48 speccy to 128...

i sat there with my girlfriend typen in the code and we where both excited checking every line of code before pressing enter..

when i did the screen turned black then white and april fool scrowled up the screen..... 🤣

they got us good.....lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I had that calc once.

That is not a bad buy - bootfairs are brilliant - one persons rubbish is another persons treasure.

Out of interest - is this not the off season for car boot fairs ?

All the ones near me are closed until March / April and then they kick in again.

8 hours ago, Reg said:

I think I had that calc once.

That is not a bad buy - bootfairs are brilliant - one persons rubbish is another persons treasure.

Out of interest - is this not the off season for car boot fairs ?

All the ones near me are closed until March / April and then they kick in again.

here in n.ireland they run all year round..lots are held indoors..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...