graphics card and mfme lamps slowing down?

woodsy

9 minutes ago, MPU_FIVE said:

No worries!

I'm pretty sure you're correct in saying  it is a MFME related problem @woodsy...

In the case of Pinball Wizard, it wasn't a problem in earlier versions of MFME

Agree, it's wierd a tablet can run it ok... what kind of tablet is it i wonder? - I thought MFME only runs in windows 10 - is @Altharic running it on an Android tablet somehow? - would love to see what he's running it on and how he got a tablet to run it!

MFME on the go... now would'nt that be cool! :)

direct quote from @Altharic which i am yet to explore but HELL DO I WANNA PLAY PORTABLE!!

Its a Dell Lattitude 5175 its old but surprisingly fast for its age got it for 26 quid spares and repairs on ebay because it was untested. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-11-5175-5179-Tablet-Review.164262.0.html

5 minutes ago, davep180 said:

Dragging the buttons, coin mech and hoppers around would be a pain in the arse though!

living the dream

57 minutes ago, woodsy said:

oh my goody goody gosh drops!!! that looks fekking beautiful!!! thanks for sharing that buddy. as for the reels stuttering im wondering if it's the tv hardware but that can't even be right. just baffling me..

i'm confident the problem exists in mfme not the computers, the three that i know of do the sttract mode well, and then freak out in jp sequences.

i use the minimum amount of lamps because of this 99% of the time, i do this by using the photoshop lamping skills to replicate the effect of having the additional masks. on occasion that removes 100 or so lamps from needing to be processed before even adding their own masks so essentially 200-300 less lamps are used in some of mine, yesterday for asthetic reasons and my love of HOT SHOT i added every single lamp with a mask, the game just couldn't handle the games internal rom using different lamps or dual ones, for example knockouts, the only benefit of doing the extra lamps and masks is for the attract and jp sequences to look a little prettier, i remove them for the simple fact of they are uneccesary and it seems wizard was aware of that too according to vecs thoery on the lamps throttle problem. obviously what we have is what we have going forward and i can't complain.

interesting also to know that tablets run the layout fine.. weird one really.

also another thing that will be useful in these being bigger is arcade sim won't have to do so much upscaling to make them fit.. :) 

here's the smaller version running ok on my laptop, got two jackpot, but didn't realise it was door open lol

if it'll play as don't seam to load my video's on youtube

• Like 2

the omni win ladder is a better way to go. as for the rest looks lovely, if you want the pic from player to do your own smaller compilations i'm not going to be one to stop you in any way

is it the token one? can you send a copy to @MPU_FIVE be interesting to see if the reels issue goes away. 

as for the size thing soon be out of the super res stuff so back to reality haha.

any interest in making a better set of reels for caesers palace? i suck at them , can't get them to be spaced properly etc.

Edited by woodsy

living the dream

5 minutes ago, woodsy said:

the omni win ladder is a better way to go. as for the rest looks lovely, if you want the pic from player to do your own smaller compilations i'm not going to be one to stop you in any way

is it the token one? can you send a copy to @MPU_FIVE be interesting to see if the reels issue goes away. 

as for the size thing soon be out of the super res stuff so back to reality haha.

any interest in making a better set of reels for caesers palace? i suck at them , can't get them to be spaced properly etc.

i'll send to @MPU_FIVE as this won't be for general re-release it was just something to do as bored.com with nowt emulation-wise left!!!

only all cash i'm afraid, there is a earlier set (posted in your release thread) but they hang and do nowt

Edited by vectra666
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

i'll send to @MPU_FIVE as this won't be for general re-release it was just something to do as bored.com with nowt emulation-wise left!!!

that's why i'm loving these flyers, you've obvs done them all to death haha but i am in heaven... 

i'm going to do more but one i need to get remade asap is BANGING AWAY. it's in need of some love

the caesers number reel would be appreciated

Edited by woodsy

living the dream

The 5130 venue is Atom based and so can run mfme however its not that good at it also has 2gb of ram and is limited to 32 bit windows.

The 7130 and on are the more interesting models the 7130 has a core i5 at 1.6ghz it has a hardware fault in that it will throttle very quickly as the temps go higher when you push it later models such as the 7140 use the more thermally friendly M range of processors they are based upon Broadwell and Skylake architectures so run better.

You can also run Throttlestop on them to further tweak the speeds and temps. 

3 minutes ago, Altharic said:

The 5130 venue is Atom based and so can run mfme however its not that good at it also has 2gb of ram and is limited to 32 bit windows.

The 7130 and on are the more interesting models the 7130 has a core i5 at 1.6ghz it has a hardware fault in that it will throttle very quickly as the temps go higher when you push it later models such as the 7140 use the more thermally friendly M range of processors they are based upon Broadwell and Skylake architectures so run better.

You can also run Throttlestop on them to further tweak the speeds and temps. 

Ok thanks bud! You’re the go to guy then! That was way detailed and super useful! I’ll be coming to you for help if I decide to go forward in this. If that’s ok?

living the dream

9 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Ok thanks bud! You’re the go to guy then! That was way detailed and super useful! I’ll be coming to you for help if I decide to go forward in this. If that’s ok?

They come up on Ebay quite often usually for pennies because the venues use mini Usb however the charger is 19.5 volts if you use a regular mini usb it charges at 5.2v at 3 watts so they think its broken and sell it for spares there are a few on ebay at the moment ones a 7130 with a missing battery and the other one will not power on if you can get the 8gb model thats even better they take standard m2 SSD drives although this 5175 can take the newer NVME.

You can also get an addon keyboard well worth the extra pennies they have an additional battery in them.

Seem to recall Wizard saying that mpu4 video was quite taxing on the system so I have run snakes and ladders mpu4 video as a test seems to use the GPU between 3 and 11 % and the cpu is about 40%

image_2022-03-05_214402.png

Edited by Altharic
Added pic
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, Altharic said:

They come up on Ebay quite often usually for pennies because the venues use mini Usb however the charger is 19.5 volts if you use a regular mini usb it charges at 5.2v at 3 watts so they think its broken and sell it for spares there are a few on ebay at the moment ones a 7130 with a missing battery and the other one will not power on if you can get the 8gb model thats even better they take standard m2 SSD drives although this 5175 can take the newer NVME.

You can also get an addon keyboard well worth the extra pennies they have an additional battery in them.

Seem to recall Wizard saying that mpu4 video was quite taxing on the system so I have run snakes and ladders mpu4 video as a test seems to use the GPU between 3 and 11 % and the cpu is about 40%

image_2022-03-05_214402.png

So much of that will take a while to sink in, but you saying the 7130 has ssd drive? And charges via mini usb fine but people think it’s broken??? Can I realistically get one you would buy for under 100 quid preferably cheaper still!! Thanks bud 

living the dream

As standard the 7130 and 7140 both have a 128gb Sandisk drive in I replace mine with a larger model 

I have the 5130, 7130 and the 7140 in addition to the 5175 although I have given the 7130 away to someone who doesn't have a computer to use I used to buy them in lockdown to repair them as I was isolating due to family members being vulnerable.

The 5130 would be fine for kids to play candy crush mfme stutters, the 7130 is ok for a few minutes then the fan kicks in it slows and it can be noisy the the 7140 and 5175 are passively cooled but have really efficient cpus and not bad GPU emulators seem to run fine had a game of Royal Rumble on flycast the other day on it seems to not skip a beat.

Ebay is great for them I have had a few bargains don't be afraid if it has a bios password either if you put the asset tag into the site BIOS you can get the master password and remove it parts are also quite easy to find being old corporate devices they are usually quite looked after this one I have now looks new the batteries are ok and the keyboard lights up too also supports PD 3.0 so charges off a 30w charger and usb c.

I can't recommend these enough not just for FME they come with an Intel wifi card and usually a 3g or 4g modem so they can be used on the net using a SIM and if you don't want that facility the cards are worth a tenner alone so flip it back to ebay.

Driver support is good too just install Windows and let Dell update run and everything is sorted then uninstall that and its good to go

• Like 1

release them mate, just put a tag explaining the size variances. 

there's multiple versions of loads of stuff and if it's better for some people to have them this size i'm all for it.

with such a shortage of stuff to do more versions are always going to happen.

you have my blessing to do it to all my stuff. why not eh!

living the dream