All old school FME people, read this.......and listen!

niallquinn

Seriously though why would you even keep that on your HDD for 15yrs.

Ah Ranting Maniac, what the hell was that about!

Jackpot tune remixes were on my old site, various people made and submitted like John Rugg, Fishta, Cheese & Monserat. But my favourite was always this by Guyslotter.

blackjackclubguy.wma

Edited by Pook

DX Banner.png

3 hours ago, Pook said:

Seriously though why would you even keep that on your HDD for 15yrs.

Ah Ranting Maniac, what the hell was that about!

Jackpot tune remixes were on my old site, various people made and submitted like John Rugg, Fishta, Cheese & Monserat. But my favourite was always this by Guyslotter.

blackjackclubguy.wma  1

Got that.......can't remember "Guyslotter" though? 

NQ.

Something else I wish I'd kept, when all the designers had their own sites, when a WIP, say Andy Capp Dx was posted by someone, I used to go to their site, and see if I could, from other files, guess the uploaded filename.  Eg. www.site.com/files/AC_DX.zip.

Anyway, when you went to Gary's mpu34.com, and guessed a name, it came up with a page of text, was really funny...taking the piss out of loads of people.  Not in a nasty way, but very well scripted.

NQ.

Edited by niallquinn

Back then it used to annoy me when a lot of posts were off topic. Just talking about absolute bollocks. 

I remember a thread about central heating got me hot under collar, lol. 

One memeroble thread was one about Russ running down the road screaming while being chased by girls. 

• Haha 1

Hey guys. Blast from the past or what?

Erm, yeah, that was the original Year One with the Jewel In The Crown flyer artwork, there was an updated version, wasn't there? I know I did the cover.

And yes, I sang the MPU3/4 song, thanks Niallquinn.

I had no idea there was a new version out. I need to get this. I now actually own an Ooh Aah Dracula Club, updated for the new pound coin, fully working.

I also have lots of old random crap from the glory days. I attach some below, including the Fruit Club Band version of the cover for Year One, Over The Plug, and I'm sure I've got Over the Moon.exe somwhere...

fetch.jpg

fruitclubband2.jpg

graveyard.jpg

mpulook2.jpg

mpulookalikes.jpg

overthedash.jpg

490russchips.jpg

857prince_charming.jpg

baraward.bmp

cid_image001.gif

fruitclubband.jpg

markie.jpg

mrchristmassmall2.jpg

philip in his pampers.jpg

somethingcoolfor-russell1.jpg

suits.jpg

mk1.jpg

mk2.jpg

mk3.jpg

mk4.jpg

mk5.jpg

mk6.jpg

mk7.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fishsta said:

Oh, and Harvey/Digital Fruit put the pdf together, Kev did have a website of Fruit Machine Jackpot Samples, I remember the remixes as well. 

I wonder if I can attach this file...

FF.swf  2

Bloody hell, very Terry Gilliam.

Don't suppose anyone has my demo I created as an intro, for FF/Poundrun or was it FF/Mecca, I can't remember.  Did it in a demomaker, lots of sine scrollers, bobs, coppers, etc.

NQ.

Oh crikey do you remember Scotty? I recall him posting all sorts of insane stuff in the small hours of the morning when he was clearly, ahem, 'energised' by something or other.

I've never seen an emulation scene as insane as FME, the kinetic energy it ran on in the early days was off the scale - guess that's what comes from getting a load of addicts together in a virtual room together..... :ph34r:

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

4 hours ago, Pook said:

Haha, think you were the only one who bought these. 

Now where's Scotty with all the others?

I paid a tenner, for a mug or mousemat (?) I think it was, but got a refund in the end. :)

Bit weird, I also told him I used to have trouble sleeping, waking up at the slightest noise.....and he sent me some earplugs!!!!   WTF?

NQ.