Astra Party Time Arena problem

jackpotjon05

What am I doing wrong here guys....

Ive launched party time top box and player 1 and 2 are loading up automatically after comms with the top box, but if I try and launch player 3 the other 2 disappear?

Is it something to do with how I launched them in the first place, or is my pc remembering things, because after I deleted it completely and re downloaded it, again once top box is loaded it seems to like loading player 1 and 2 only?

5 minutes ago, Big J said:

Why don't you do a short video of what you are doing then post it here. The tech guys on here can help more then. It works for me too so there has to be an issue your end.

This is whats happening when I load up Party Time Arena.

If I try to go back into MFME and load the 3rd player all these windows below in video disappear.

The DX version should work I have just downloaded it and installed it again to make sure it works on with my system and it does although I did have to resize the slave units to get it how I wanted it but other than that it ran right out of the download.

Just now, cliffc said:

The DX version should work I have just downloaded it and installed it again to make sure it works on with my system and it does although I did have to resize the slave units to get it how I wanted it but other than that it ran right out of the download.

And where do I find that please?

Could someone maybe please provide a link so I can start all this again from the beginning?

2 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

And where do I find that please?

Could someone maybe please provide a link so I can start all this again from the beginning?

You don't need to start again, just search for the Party Time here or at Dads place if that is what you are talking about as you have split this thread into two separate issues, so don't know which you are talking about really.

Indiana Jones (so not to get confused)

Looking at the video it appears your windows task bar is covering the bottom part of the layout.  Right click it and if there's a tick where it says Lock the Task Bar, just click that, then you can drag your windows task bar to either side  of the screen or even the top.  That will give you access to the lower part of the layout, then you can alter the coinmech as per previous instructions.

As for the DX of Partytime, its not available on this site but there's a clue in my avatar pic ;)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Big J said:

The few layouts I sent via pm a while ago are Dx's, it is plain obvious to tell between a classic and a Dx.

Right, I see that.

So the bit im not getting is whats the difference between loading what I load in my video and loading a dx and how I get them to combine into working into an emulator actual game.

Do u see where I am coming from?

30 minutes ago, Big J said:

You don't need to start again, just search for the Party Time here or at Dads place if that is what you are talking about as you have split this thread into two separate issues, so don't know which you are talking about really.

That's exactly what I did, download the party time £15 under the artists layouts section, loaded up emulator and then this happens (above)

What else am I supposed to do apart from download it, run the emulator and the game loads up 2 random players on its own?

58 minutes ago, dad said:

Indiana Jones (so not to get confused)

Looking at the video it appears your windows task bar is covering the bottom part of the layout.  Right click it and if there's a tick where it says Lock the Task Bar, just click that, then you can drag your windows task bar to either side  of the screen or even the top.  That will give you access to the lower part of the layout, then you can alter the coinmech as per previous instructions.

As for the DX of Partytime, its not available on this site but there's a clue in my avatar pic ;)

That's not working either unfortunately.

Right clicking the game but nothing coming up so don't know what else to do.

Its strange because the instructions before the game loads says to use 0 to input coins so cant understand why its not working the normal way it does on other games?

6 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

That's not working either unfortunately.

Right clicking the game but nothing coming up so don't know what else to do.

Its strange because the instructions before the game loads says to use 0 to input coins so cant understand why its not working the normal way it does on other games?

No, right click on the Windows task bar not the game.

14 hours ago, jackpotjon05 said:

And to save uploading another video which is a lot of effort on my part, Gold Rush does the same as video above and likes to launch certain players 1-3 after the top box is loaded by itself

Yes it would do as it's a 3 player game, that's what it's supposed to do.

If you are manually loading a player, make sure you start another MFME instance to load it. If you load it with the current one it thinks it's a new game and will shutdown all the existing ones.

If your 3rd player isn't showing, perhaps it's positioned off screen? Bring up the task manager and check how MFME's are running, there should be 4

You can move the windows by holding down Shift and Left clicking in one of them and then dragging, all the linked windows should then move together.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Wizard said:

Yes it would do as it's a 3 player game, that's what it's supposed to do.

If you are manually loading a player, make sure you start another MFME instance to load it. If you load it with the current one it thinks it's a new game and will shutdown all the existing ones.

If your 3rd player isn't showing, perhaps it's positioned off screen? Bring up the task manager and check how MFME's are running, there should be 4

You can move the windows by holding down Shift and Left clicking in one of them and then dragging, all the linked windows should then move together.

Cheers Wizard, ill give that a try.

What was strange (as I didn't quite text it correctly in my previous post) is when you launch the slave like you told me to do, it brings up player 1 and 3 and 2 is missing,

so when I then try and launch P2 the top box slave and P1 and P3 disappear, which is what I couldn't get my head around.

Ill do what you said and go into task manager.

So what you are saying is when you launch the top box, ALL 3 should load together?