Astra Party Time Arena problem

jackpotjon05

Hi everyone, hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

I've got a bit of an issue which I cant seem to work out.....

When I downloaded Gold Rush 3 player I was told by Wizard to open the top box slave in a window and then the player terminal should launch, which it did automatically.....

But ive done the same with Party Time 3 player, loaded up the top box in a window and then opened player 1 in another window but getting an error message saying ''no comms'' across the led, so it doesn't look like they are talking to each other/connecting.

Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

4 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

But ive done the same with Party Time 3 player, loaded up the top box in a window and then opened player 1 in another window but getting an error message saying ''no comms'' across the led, so it doesn't look like they are talking to each other/connecting.

Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong?

Why did you open player 1 in another window? If it's because it didn't automatically load after the Top Box was loaded, they need re-linking for the comms to work.

When you have them both opened type Alt L in the top box and a box should appear in both saying they are linked.

Close the Top box ( and the player one should close too ).

Reload the Top Box again and the player one should then automaically load and the game should work.

You only need to do this once btw.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Tried it on party time arena and typed ALT L in top box and message saying 

Info - not available on slave

You need to make sure the Top Box is the 'active' window, just click anywhere on it then try Alt+L again

Just now, dad said:

Just tried both and they work for me.  If Goldrush worked yesterday, then so long as you've made no changes there's no reason tt shouln't work today.

All I can suggest is download it again.

That's exactly what I thought....very strange.

Couldn't get a link on Gold Rush, so did the ALT L thing on both games....

Party Time didn't like it the 1st time but worked 2nd time but Gold Rush is alarming each time I load it up so god knows whats going on

You could try going into edit mode, scroll across so you can see the coin mech, right click on it to bring up the properties window, then uncheck the box that says 'lockout' then close the properies window then click edit mode again to close it.  If that works for you  then don't forget to save the layout.

1 minute ago, dad said:

You could try going into edit mode, scroll across so you can see the coin mech, right click on it to bring up the properties window, then uncheck the box that says 'lockout' then close the properies window then click edit mode again to close it.  If that works for you  then don't forget to save the layout.

OK thanks ill give that a go.

Just one more thing on party time....

I opened up the top box 1st (is that right firstly) and then launched player 2 and clicked ALT L in the top box and they linked....

BUT.....heres the question.....

When I closed it and re-loaded it back up to make sure its working properly I loaded up the top box back up and player 2 (previously) loaded back up with it on its own

How do I stop that happening and get other players to work? I.e 1 or 3 if it loads up like this every time?

Do u see what im getting at?

Once you load in the top box, you can load in 1,2 or 3 slaves.  If you link them and close the game it'll remember the settings, then next time you load the game it should carry on where you left off.  Once linked you only ever need to load the Top Box - the slaves will load automatically.

10 minutes ago, dad said:

No, its not having it im afraid.

As soon as I go into edit mode it shrinks the game by 50% and cuts off the right half so I cant even get to the mech.

Ive tried to use the arrows on the outer box to enlarge the game but that doesn't work either.

Surely there has to be an easy way to put in £1 coins using 0 but for some reason its not registering anything

Hi

Another thing that may be stopping your comms working is if you have had a pop up from your file wall asking you to allow MFME and if you have said no then comms will stop working, I accidently did this when I changed to Zone Alarm and had to then manual allow MFME to pass through the filewall to get the multi player games to work again

What im finding very odd about gold rush is yes its communicating now after I deleted it and re-downloaded it,

but when you launch the top box, players 1 and 2 load up with it automatically but if I try and load player 3 the other 2 disappear and the top box goes as well.

Cant get my head around that at all?

5 minutes ago, cliffc said:

Hi

Another thing that may be stopping your comms working is if you have had a pop up from your file wall asking you to allow MFME and if you have said no then comms will stop working, I accidently did this when I changed to Zone Alarm and had to then manual allow MFME to pass through the filewall to get the multi player games to work again

No, its definitely not that but thanks anyway