New MFME 6.1

jackpotjon05

Hi all, I hope you are all well and keeping safe.

I followed your very helpful guide in regards to running the new MFME 6.1 as used to run the older emus JPM emu, BFM emu and versions 2.0, 3.0 and 10.1a for example.

I did have a CD with all the old games on, but for some reason I put it into my reader driver earlier and my CD has been totally deleted by itself and my PC so lost everything.

Because I am so new to this and only know how to run the old games, can someone please help/advise how you run 6.1 on some of the older pre 2016 downloads on fruit-emu?

Does this new version only run 2016 layouts onwards or will it also run the older ones on the same emulator?

Many thanks for your help.

as Vec`s suggested to you on fruit-emu....

download Mfme V5.1. dont think of this version as an emulator but more as a "converter" load up your old Mfme layouts as normal, but quit the game and it will ask you if you want to save it..and go ahead and save it...now the layout will load and work in the newer Mfme V19.8...(windows 10 only for V19.xx. if ur not running win 10, then its Mfme 6.1 for you)

also, most if not all the old JPemu or BFM layouts have been redone to work on MFME ....search the download area to get newer versions of the layouts...

hope this helps..

Edited by shaun2097

23 minutes ago, shaun2097 said:

as Vec`s suggested to you on fruit-emu....

download Mfme V5.1. dont think of this version as an emulator but more as a "converter" load up your old Mfme layouts as normal, but quit the game and it will ask you if you want to save it..and go ahead and save it...now the layout will load and work in the newer Mfme V19.8...(windows 10 only for V19.xx. if ur not running win 10, then its Mfme 6.1 for you)

also, most if not all the old JPemu or BFM layouts have been redone to work on MFME ....search the download area to get newer versions of the layouts...

hope this helps..

Thanks Shaun I really appreciate the advice.

Ive already got v6.1 running so do I need to download v5.1 also? Im a bit confused.

So I can still download bfm games from fruit emu and run it on the new one?

Do u see what I mean

use 5.1 only to convert old "MFME" layouts...so if it doesnt run in 6.1, use  5.1 to load the layout and save on exit..

any BFM or jpemu layout will not run in MFME..but a lot of the "older" layouts have been updated to run in the latest Mfme..just download the newer versions of the layout via downloads tab on this site..

any old stuff you are holding on to...forget them and get the newer updated layout files...

it really is that stright foward...

7 minutes ago, shaun2097 said:

use 5.1 only to convert old "MFME" layouts...so if it doesnt run in 6.1, use  5.1 to load the layout and save on exit..

any BFM or jpemu layout will not run in MFME..but a lot of the "older" layouts have been updated to run in the latest Mfme..just download the newer versions of the layout via downloads tab on this site..

any old stuff you are holding on to...forget them and get the newer updated layout files...

it really is that stright foward...

Can you please provide me with the link for 5.1?

I see what you mean now, I downloaded Andys great Escape from fruit-emu and it doesn't run in 6.1, so I would need to run it through 5.1 first is what you are saying?

Sorry to be a pain, just not very technical and so used to the older way.

Is 5.1 a simple download or do you have to go through the complicated 6.1 way I loaded this up and all the windows bits/pieces/running systems, or is that all there now ive done it the once?

i'm not sure if its hosted on this site

the main man Wizard (he made ever mfme emulator) will most likely answer your question

i would post a zip file of mfme v5/5.1 but its not my emu or site to do so

here's the link for another fme site which deffo has the download for v5/5.1

https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/18524-mfme-v51-release-thread/&tab=comments#comment-292315

its been a long time since i downloaded v5/5.1 i'm not sure if you need mfme v5 first then overwrite it with v5.1

also you may need a direct/x program to run it.

and if by magic the man himself posts

over to you wizard...

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 1

again, as vec`s has already suggested to you on fruit-emu... (its the second link in the below post, to get MFME V5.1.)

on FRUIT-EMU, Vec`s wrote..

Posted Today, 06:38 PM

firstly as said in order to get the newer versions of mfme v5/5.1- v6.1 and v19 you will need to join desertislandfruits once verified you will get all the help needed on there, as its more active than this site nowadays

once you have mfme v5.1 you simply load a layout say 777 heaven for instance. when you exit the game it will say "do you wantto save on exit" or something like that, just click on the "yes" tab and it will save.

ALL older games from this site pre October 2016  final one was Eigth Wonder will run in mfme v5.1 but in order to play them in the latest emulator (currently MFME V19/19.8) you need to save them all first.

if you download say my latest on here "emmerdale" then you'll need mfmev19.8 to play it

But again i seriously advice you to join desertislandfruits before you donate here as its a more updated site!!!

http://www.desertisl...dex.php?/files/

https://www.fruitemu...#comment-292315  

• Haha 1

I really appreciate the reply Wizard and the rest of you guys, you are so helpful and I'm very grateful for the advice for a newbie to all this.

I will get around to a donation this week to support the site for everyone's hard work.

So basically just to reiterate I can download a older game from fruit emu then can I? I run it on 5.1 first, save it and then launch it on 6.1 correct?

Just want to make sure I'm following correctly? Sorry to be a pain, just so used to having say a folder with 10.1 in it for example, having games in another and loading like this.

So any games from desert island fruits then, will run in 6.1 regardless, am I right? It's just the older ones from fruit-emu and how I marry them up with this 6.1 is the issue

53 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

So basically just to reiterate I can download a older game from fruit emu then can I? I run it on 5.1 first, save it and then launch it on 6.1 correct?

Correct!  You only need to do this once for each layout you download.  The old layout format was .DAT and the new format is .FML

I knew id get stuck on this.....

Right.....

Clicked on Wizards link and wanted to put it into a folder I created on my laptop, so....

When I click link it comes up open, save or save as, so I clicked on save as, put it into my folder and now getting 

''how do you want to open this file look for apps within the store''

Did I need to extract it before I saved it first?

21 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

That's weird because when I downloaded 6.1 I just double clicked it and it opened so no idea why its asking how I would like to open this file and to look for an app in the app store?

Trying to get passed it but wont let me do it

v5.1 was a rar file, I have just updated it to a zip file, should be ok now

Edited by Wizard

5 minutes ago, Wizard said:

v5.1 is a rar file not a zip.

You need to install winrar to extract it.

Google winrar

I could really do with someone talking me through this as now got run/save/save as.

No idea what to do with it or where to store it and then what to do with my 5.1 file in regards to this

Read my last post again

Just now, jackpotjon05 said:

I could really do with someone talking me through this as now got run/save/save as.

No idea what to do with it or where to store it and then what to do with my 5.1 file in regards to this

Read my last post again