Help with Alpha abbreviations

partee

5 minutes ago, dad said:

Will probably need a bit more info before we can help.  Maybe a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

Yes i'll post a screenshot sometime today, i am trying to map the lamps out i'll get a screenshot so you see what i am doing dad

Edited by partee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dad said:

Will probably need a bit more info before we can help.  Maybe a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

Ok this is where i am stuck right now ---> Navigate to 3.2 Lamps and press Start and then press AutoPlay to stop them flashing. Press Hold 3 to step each lamp in turn. For every lamp, hover the mouse above it and RC / Properties and change the text in the bottom right hand box to what it says in the Alpha. You may need to figure out what it’s trying to say as it can be abbreviated. the game is (Bell fruit Bar 7's S4) 

Screenshot (5).png

Edited by partee
  • Like 1

Ah I see.  This part is the guessing game as to where each lamp goes. Check with the picture and see if you can work it out.  No one said it was easy ;)

Once the lamps have been position where you think they might go, playing the game will immediately tell you if you’ve got it wrong.  Also attract mode would help as they’ll all follow a particular sequence.

The post above meant nothing to me TBH especially since you said it was S2.

• Thanks 1

Yes i know, i wrote the wrong platform it is (S4) lol 😂. ok this is where i am at right now and also stuck, i need a little bit of help on lamping that's my next step

i have all the lamps mapped out but i don't know how to apply them to the layout here is a screenshot of how it is 

Screenshot (7).png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, partee said:

Yes i know, i wrote the wrong platform it is (S4) lol 😂. ok this is where i am at right now and also stuck, i need a little bit of help on lamping that's my next step

i have all the lamps mapped out but i don't know how to apply them to the layout here is a screenshot of how it is 

Screenshot (7).png

Well done on getting this far.

It looks like you are going beyond the book and aiming to complete what we call a DX (deluxe version) of the layout. There are several people here, who will be able to assist with that, possibly by sending you videos or a written guide.

You basically now have a classic layout nearly done. If you were aiming to complete a classic layout, you'd just need to size, colour and place all the lamps and buttons out as they would be one the actual machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wearecity said:

Well done on getting this far.

It looks like you are going beyond the book and aiming to complete what we call a DX (deluxe version) of the layout. There are several people here, who will be able to assist with that, possibly by sending you videos or a written guide.

You basically now have a classic layout nearly done. If you were aiming to complete a classic layout, you'd just need to size, colour and place all the lamps and buttons out as they would be one the actual machine.

Thank you so much for your words i feel a little bit more confident now. you know what's the best part of this? that i enjoyed alot doing it, and  knowing that i will be able to create my own games or at least modifie them that is just so great, of course none of this little progress wouldn't have been possible without your help and of course thank's to Wizard that created this great emulator 

Edited by partee

58 minutes ago, partee said:

Thank you so much for your words i feel a little bit more confident now. you know what's the best part of this? that i enjoyed alot doing it, and  knowing that i will be able to create my own games or at least modifie them that is just so great, of course none of this little progress wouldn't have been possible without your help and of course thank's to Wizard that created this great emulator 

It can be very addictive. 

The issue after 20 + years of FME, is finding new stuff to do, as we already have so many machines emulated. 

But DX's of machines where we only have classic layouts are always welcome. Also the odd new machine resources occasionally still pop up. 

Plus we have a lot of older DX's that could do with a modern makeover. 

Of course all this is dependent on resource being available. 

12 hours ago, partee said:

Screenshot (7).png

Great work so far I take it you’re plunging further into the fme creation pool and turnIng this into a dx seams a shame to waste a decent looking flyer

18 hours ago, partee said:

Screenshot (7).png

For lamping you need to take the image you have and save that as 'off' image. Then take that 'off' image and use Photoshop or Gimp, something along those lines that allow you to lasso each lamp, then add lighting effect to each individual lamp and save as on image.

It's a laborious job the first couple of times, but after a while it's quite satisfying.

Fair play to you though, only just joined and already having at it, kudos to you.🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ze Frog said:

For lamping you need to take the image you have and save that as 'off' image. Then take that 'off' image and use Photoshop or Gimp, something along those lines that allow you to lasso each lamp, then add lighting effect to each individual lamp and save as on image.

It's a laborious job the first couple of times, but after a while it's quite satisfying.

Fair play to you though, only just joined and already having at it, kudos to you.🙂

thank you very much Ze Frog ill put this in practice right now, i have all day today hopefully its done today or sometime tomorrow after work and again thank's alot 😀

Edited by partee
  • Like 1

Just now, partee said:

thank you very much Ze Frog ill put this in practice right i have all day today hopefully its done today or sometime tomorrow after work and again thank's alot 😀

Your most welcome.👍

What are you using to lamp your artwork?

Just a heads up, always double check off and on art are the same size, and if you add any contrast or brightness changes outside of the lassoed lamp area, you need to do to off image also otherwise it will create the difference of lightness or contrast in box surrounding your lamp when imported. You are probably well ahead of the curve on this judging by the way you have gone about this so far. Was a mistake I made on Big Ghoulies in my early days, was gutted when it was all screwy at the end, especially after using a track pad on laptop to do the whole thing.😂

1 hour ago, Ze Frog said:

Your most welcome.👍

What are you using to lamp your artwork?

Just a heads up, always double check off and on art are the same size, and if you add any contrast or brightness changes outside of the lassoed lamp area, you need to do to off image also otherwise it will create the difference of lightness or contrast in box surrounding your lamp when imported. You are probably well ahead of the curve on this judging by the way you have gone about this so far. Was a mistake I made on Big Ghoulies in my early days, was gutted when it was all screwy at the end, especially after using a track pad on laptop to do the whole thing.😂

very good I will take those editing steps into account, I am using photoshop 2020 it is my first time doing this I hope it turns out well but I feels good having somebody guiding you, once I have some results I will post on This thread. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...