arcade on filey sea front

pollo1987

so, this happened to me a couple of days ago in the one arcade in fileys sea front was playing a golden game 35 jp wen it stops taking coins it was saying let them spin and was truly there has the say so this happened in front of my eyes he fixed the coin mec then he fully reset the bandit and if you dont know wat that means it fully gone back to the state of just been bought it stops everything it was doing so the 130 i put in it plus the 50 after trying to see why it was not saying let them spin anymore so i made a phone call to a friend who owns a arcade and the only thing he new wen front door was open he can reset the memory of the fruit is this true but wen i asked the gentleman he then went on to basically chuck me out the arcade so i lost 180 on it 

Edited by pollo1987
spelling mistake

If it totally cleared the ram it would boot up with a certain reel setup and credit and bank would be erased.  Is that what happened.

I've had it happen to me in an arcade in Ingoldmells, was a sit down Red Hot X Arena.  I'd just spun it out and was collecting my bank when it crashed, the guy paid me out and fiddled with the machine, when it booted back up it had 3 red XXX on the line.  Was a happy accident :)

J

• Like 1

i had a similar situation at a mecca a fwe years back when a monopoly 3 player just wouldnt stop alarming. he pulled what felt like everything from the main board to stop it going nuts after reset and it eventually stopped.

to my surprise it was holding after nudges and flashing from the off, and still went for £90.

3 hours ago, pollo1987 said:

don't know wat he did but it stopped everything when it came back on 

Ok I just read your original post again and you said you put £50 in after he fixed it. I don't think he did a RAM reset because you would have got a repeat pot or a hold after nudge by the time you put £50 in. 

You said you lost £180. So you put £130 in and it was holding after nudge. Then it stopped taking coins. After he fixed it you said you put £50 in. Wasn't there anything in the bank from hold after nudge tops when it stopped taking coins?

If there was nothing in the bank then it was obviously doing a crap hold after nudge run. Taking more back each time to hold again. It is possible it could really take the mick and not hold after nudge for £50. I actually had it take over £60 between hold after nudge before when it was obviously there. It does go away for no reason on the odd occasion.

Have you ever played the £15 chip on £25 Golden Games? When you get hold after nudge £15 top it can finish it and won't come back for at least another £60.

4 hours ago, nails said:

i had a similar situation at a mecca a fwe years back when a monopoly 3 player just wouldnt stop alarming. he pulled what felt like everything from the main board to stop it going nuts after reset and it eventually stopped.

to my surprise it was holding after nudges and flashing from the off, and still went for £90.

This is much more likely on a reset.... Thats why arcades play machines in themselves - or definitely did back in the day.

16 hours ago, logopolis said:

Ok I just read your original post again and you said you put £50 in after he fixed it. I don't think he did a RAM reset because you would have got a repeat pot or a hold after nudge by the time you put £50 in. 

You said you lost £180. So you put £130 in and it was holding after nudge. Then it stopped taking coins. After he fixed it you said you put £50 in. Wasn't there anything in the bank from hold after nudge tops when it stopped taking coins?

If there was nothing in the bank then it was obviously doing a crap hold after nudge run. Taking more back each time to hold again. It is possible it could really take the mick and not hold after nudge for £50. I actually had it take over £60 between hold after nudge before when it was obviously there. It does go away for no reason on the odd occasion.

Have you ever played the £15 chip on £25 Golden Games? When you get hold after nudge £15 top it can finish it and won't come back for at least another £60.

it was saying let them spin from 30 into it i had 75 in bank and 50 in coins in tray i left it after it never came back after about 65 

ed remember playing a bar x 7 in my local and i got caught out with the machine dropping from the first quid in and it was playin crap hardly eany wins ect so after about 250sh into it i was starting to get pissed with the machine knowing that it must have been refilled by the way it was playing .it then crashed and alarmed .one of the staff came and done wat they always do to begin was switch it off and on but it just wouldent sort the problem and the woman that worked there had knew i had put a good bit in it . and she seid to me i will have to clear it she did try the reset button but no joy and i knew strait away that whatever game state i had built would be lost so i seid to her what about all the cash i have put in it she then seid i will phone my boss she went and then came back with 100 quid and 40 quid of tokens and she gave me the 45 quid that was in the bank before so all in i got 145 cash and 40 of tokens to me it was a result because i know they machines can at times suck a few hundred in before they go off . but it goes to show some arcades can be decent and honest with there customers esp if you are a regular .but there are some right crookid arcades around not naming eany but one springs to mind they have arcades up and down the country with low percetages and low payout runs i was barred fom one of them about 14 year ago because i ast them why are they were going round clearing the ram on certian machines just before closing time that they are killing off eany potential big run and it aint fair on the ones who have lost a lot and want to come back in the morning to try and win back some of what they have lost the manager seid to me we are not resetting them we are servicing them and i knew it was shit so i seid  that i know that the button they are pressing inside the machine is the clear ram they had a party time arena open and i pointed out the norm reset and the clear ram button but they still tried to deny it .i went in a few weeks later and was told i was barred for being abusive to staff i just laughed and left because i knew they made it up so they could have a exuse to bar me because i knew what they were doing .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, logopolis said:

JPMs were the best for factory resets. Found a few in pubs in the past. Best result was £95 profit on a Hi Roller. 

I was in a bookies with a Cesars palace and a Arcadia..... was merrily battering the arcardia  having done the CP already and a tech came in....... Resets! the CP - then asks me if he can do the Arcadia!! 

I was already about £70 and then these two beauts on reset........ nom nom nom.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeyMonster said:

I was in a bookies with a Cesars palace and a Arcadia..... was merrily battering the arcardia  having done the CP already and a tech came in....... Resets! the CP - then asks me if he can do the Arcadia!! 

I was already about £70 and then these two beauts on reset........ nom nom nom.......

Jackpot on the line and number 12 off the top of my head.

• Like 1

Quite the opposite, the machine will come back factory fresh as if it’s never been played before.

Not all ram reset mean a ready machine.  I’ve played plenty that will reset and already be at its target %.

I remember when we used to click the Cloud999, NNWW etc, later revisions would ram reset but would start at closer to target percentage making it all a bit pointless.

J

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SocialDragon368 said:

Thats the deal with RAM resets, they start you back where you left off.

As Serene says - very much the opposite - its a clean slate - and machines used to leave a factory happy.

In fact - the ASTRA 6 game £500 cabinet - proved this to an extreme and at the same time threw out any claim to be genuinely random. Each game - after exactly £50 plays on a £1 would drop in a win of anywhere between £50 and £500. Without fail. I was lucky enough to do this when one was first sited in my local arcade. 4 of the 6 games only gave £50 for money back. The other two gave £100 and a £500 JP for an awesome profit.

I know two professional players who bought one to see if there was anyway of forcing a RAM reset - without success.

@Chopaholic has a video on the Wall Street clubber showing a very very similar premise.

• Like 1