Bell Fruit Games - Crazy Money AWP UHD DX 1.0.0

(1 review)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Here's my flyer-based DX of Crazy Money, a machine first released as a classic layout by @Reg, and released here :

I hope I've done it justice. The layout was designed at 2160p (4K UHD) and is 2160 pixels tall, so should fit a 4K panel in Full Screen Max mode without any scaling involved. As usual that's pretty much overkill when dealing with a tiny flyer, and does mean the file-size is a bit large (18MB!!), but it's easier to work at larger resolutions, and MFME will scale downwards for those at lower resolutions anyway :)

I have made two versions of the layout - the one called Crazy Money UHD DX is the standard layout, with the video screen implemented on the top glass of the machine as it should be, albeit resized to take up as much free space as possible to make it as playable as possible within the constraints of the artwork.

The other layout is simply a copy of it, with the video screen, 'shoot' button and 'rotation' lamps moved to the side, to give the video screen greater space.

So - for a more accurate game, use the UHD DX download. If you prefer a much bigger screen plonked to the side, choose the UHD HD SIDESCREEN layout :)

I'll attach the layout notes below, but firstly thanks to @Reg for the classic layout on which this layout is almost entirely based (just added in a few unused lamp numbers among other things), made it a much easier job having a top-notch classic to work from, with good controls for the crazy golf game built in. Also thanks to @vectra666 for suggestions based on a quick playtest for me, and supplying the original gold cabinet frame I have used here, as well as the correct fruit symbols on the reels for this era of game (should match the winplan graphics correctly).

Finally thanks to @Wizard, without whom we wouldn't be doing this, and the more I design in MFME, the more I realise just what a complete package it is. 

I have made minor tweaks to the layout after I sent versions out for testing, so if any new issues have arisen in these new versions, let me know and I'll get them sorted :)

Bell Fruit Games 'Crazy Money' AWP - on Adder 5 reel-to-video tech.

£25 cash jackpot at 25p play, set to 84% payout as released.

Layout designed by SlotsMagic at 4K resolution using MFME v20.1

** Version History **

1.0.0 - Original release.

** Keyboard Shortcuts **

0 = Insert £1
1 = Hold 1
2 = Hold 2 / HI
3 = Hold 3 / LO
` = Cancel
C = Collect
E = Exchange
T = Transfer
SPACEBAR = Start / Gamble
UP ARROW = Take your shot!

@@ Note - for best control, use mouse scroll wheel to aim!! @@

If no mouse scroll wheel available : 

LEFT ARROW = Aim shot to the left. Will take a lot of keypresses.
RIGHT ARROW = Aim shot to the right. Will take a lot of keypresses.

** Notes **

Layout is based on a flyer scan covered with arrows and annotations, it was a bit grainy but I've done what I can with it :)

Nice game this, the 'crazy golf' does seem to have a reasonable skill element to it, although obviously (like with Deal or No Deal) it'll block the feature if it's not ready, or not give enough shots to control it's payout percentage :)

** Thanks **

Christian J Wren a.k.a. Wizard (1965-2020) for MFME itself!
Cheers for the last 20(ish) years of joy!
Reg @ Desert Island Fruits for the classic on which this DX was based!
vectra666 for advice, gold cabinet surround, and Scorpion 4 era reel symbols!

** Legal bit **

This layout was created by me, for me, and shared amongst the people of DesertIslandFruits.com. If I decide to release it to other forums I will do so, it is not to be shared / hosted elsewhere without my permission, nor to be included in any bundle with or without the emulator(s) or otherwise sold or traded.

Edited by slotsmagic
Slight text alterations.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Awesome 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks, such a fun game to play and very different from normal game boards, the Golfing is fun and the Sidescreen is better for me, as using a laptop to play it.