Setup for vision impaired ....

FunkyGibbon

Hi,

My dad is 80, mainly housebound (except when we take him out) and on his own most of the time, being old school he absolutely loves fruit machines, 

I'd like to set MFME up for him, but he has macular degeneration and wont be able to see the high res small screens, his eyesight isn't too bad otherwise.

Can anyone offer any help on how I might set it up so he can see it better?

I've just thought a projector might work, or even a big TV,  I'm going to try that, but any other help greatly appreciated.

Funky (Mark)

• 1 year later...
On 19/06/2020 at 13:03, FunkyGibbon said:

Hi,

My dad is 80, mainly housebound (except when we take him out) and on his own most of the time, being old school he absolutely loves fruit machines, 

I'd like to set MFME up for him, but he has macular degeneration and wont be able to see the high res small screens, his eyesight isn't too bad otherwise.

Can anyone offer any help on how I might set it up so he can see it better?

I've just thought a projector might work, or even a big TV,  I'm going to try that, but any other help greatly appreciated.

Funky (Mark)

I'm late to this, but the Magnifier app built into Windows works brilliantly with MFME in windowed and stretched full-screen (SHIFT+F3) mode. It follows your pointer as you move around the Fruit Machine I think up to 1600% bigger. Really helpful. Just type "Magnifier" in the Windows search bar and click on the app.

A low-tech alternative would be a Fresnel lens or magnifying glass.

And agree, a big monitor/HDMI TV in portrait can really help too.