DOND - Bank on it £100 Error

CaptainCash

This happens to me a lot, because I always reset the RAM on the layouts in my play list, so I can see my own stats.

I am also interested to know the right way to solve this, as I always have to try all the tick boxes, open/shut back door, reset ect (Trial and error) to get the these type of games to initialize after a RAM reset.

For example. For me to get this particular game to work, I did the following. 

Put in Edit Mode and open Game Configuration
Unticked everything. (Coin Mech) (Note Acc) (Hopper1) (Hopper 2) <- not needed I think.
Ticked S Door (Top of MFME). 
Ticked all DES boxes (In Game Config).
Unticked S Door

Re-ticked S Door
Ticked all the Trusted Boxes (underneath DES).
Unticked S Door and the game initialized.

For volume and hopper fill, I Re-ticked S Door and waited for it to initialize, then ticked Refill and then clicked Top Up to fill the hopper. I then pressed the CHANGE STAKE button until the display said VOLUME CONTROL and pressed START. This lets you adjust the Volume.

Unticked Refill and S Door, come out of Edit Mode and everything was perfect.

• Awesome 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

The erroR was due to ramming in to many coins into it at once

you can refill by just ticking refill whilst in play but it’ll take longer than just top up due to putting coins in individually, tap tap tap the 0 key of course a simpler option would be don’t let the bank go to the limit and I put £1s instead of notes when playing 

4 hours ago, Amusements said:

This happens to me a lot, because I always reset the RAM on the layouts in my play list, so I can see my own stats.

I am also interested to know the right way to solve this, as I always have to try all the tick boxes, open/shut back door, reset ect (Trial and error) to get the these type of games to initialize after a RAM reset.

For example. For me to get this particular game to work, I did the following. 

Put in Edit Mode and open Game Configuration
Unticked everything. (Coin Mech) (Note Acc) (Hopper1) (Hopper 2) <- not needed I think.
Ticked S Door (Top of MFME). 
Ticked all DES boxes (In Game Config).
Unticked S Door

Re-ticked S Door
Ticked all the Trusted Boxes (underneath DES).
Unticked S Door and the game initialized.

For volume and hopper fill, I Re-ticked S Door and waited for it to initialize, then ticked Refill and then clicked Top Up to fill the hopper. I then pressed the CHANGE STAKE button until the display said VOLUME CONTROL and pressed START. This lets you adjust the Volume.

Unticked Refill and S Door, come out of Edit Mode and everything was perfect.

Perfect! That worked first time, thank you!

21 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

you can refill by just ticking refill whilst in play but it’ll take longer than just top up due to putting coins in individually, tap tap tap the 0 key of course a simpler option would be don’t let the bank go to the limit and I put £1s instead of notes when playing 

I'll remember that for future. Just out of curiosity, how do you put notes in? I've tried using the buttons listed but it never does anything

22 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

Actually the error is caused by not having Lockout checked on the bezel to disable the coin mech when the light goes out:

capture.JPG.905009dfe6ee0c80df67f07862eb1b9a.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaptainCash said:

Perfect! That worked first time, thank you!

I'll remember that for future. Just out of curiosity, how do you put notes in? I've tried using the buttons listed but it never does anything

7, 8 or 9 or click on the note values above the Note Acceptor, if it does nothing you probably need to do  a refill ( No Notes lamp lit )

Also seems like you have coin/note effects disabled otherwise you would hear the note going in and then being rejected

capture.JPG

Edited by Wizard

The reason they do this is due to DES encryption and the emulator being accurate down to a T with how it uses the ROM files.

In real life, if you do a RAM clear on a DOND Bank On It for example, you'll have to re-pair up all the peripherals, so you'd tell the machine "this is your coin mech/note mech/hopper" 

In real life you'd (usually, depending on coin mech type) take the coin mech out, turn it upside down for 10 seconds and put it back in, reboot the machine with both doors open and wait for it to get to "read meters?" - same with the hopper, and note acceptors have various different ways.

To do it on the emulator, you need to tick all the "trusted" boxes, toggle the door switches (C door/S door) by un ticking, then re ticking. let it boot to "read meters?" Until the trusted boxes then close both doors again (un tick C door/S door).

Wizard may know a better way but that's how I do it

Edited by slasher

18 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Actually the error is caused by not having Lockout checked on the bezel to disable the coin mech when the light goes out:

capture.JPG.905009dfe6ee0c80df67f07862eb1b9a.JPG

Could mfme have the lockout ticked by default 

@slasher on the real thing why would you need to take out the coin mech and turn it upside down for 10secs how does the machine know you’ve turned it upside down unplugged from the machine??

Edited by vectra666

@vectra666 there's a mercury switch inside the coin mech. I'm guessing it's to stop toolers being able to put things into "trusted" mode by drilling a little hole in the machine as it has to physically be lifted out and turned upside down.

You might not have to unplug it but I always have done to prevent damaging the loom.

I have somewhat working now. I can play it, and I get the coin/note effects.

I can't get it to refill though.

I press "S Door", wait for it to initialise to "Read meters?". Then when it gets to "Refill" I click Start and it gets to that screen that says something about how many coins you need to refill it to the 350 level, press Start again but it then just cycles to the next menu option and doesn't fill it.

Sorry for the n00bness in asking all these questions

3 minutes ago, CaptainCash said:

I have somewhat working now. I can play it, and I get the coin/note effects.

I can't get it to refill though.

I press "S Door", wait for it to initialise to "Read meters?". Then when it gets to "Refill" I click Start and it gets to that screen that says something about how many coins you need to refill it to the 350 level, press Start again but it then just cycles to the next menu option and doesn't fill it.

Sorry for the n00bness in asking all these questions

Don't need to open the door, just click refill and it should enter the refill menu and then you can enter coins to refill it, the refill is a manual process.

Not to be confused with Top Up

Edited by Wizard
  • Awesome 1