Desert Island Retro

A Day in the Life / Spectrum

Reg

I admire your patience on this one.Been reading the reviews of this game and they are mostly positive one or two are more realistic about it.Nowadays it would get hammered by all and sundry.They can't decide though how many screens the game has.16,20 or 26 take your pick.The archive.org is an amazing resource. 

Honestly had I bought that game for 6.95 back in the day I would have been livid.Wonder how many they sold

10 hours ago, logopolis said:

Never came across this game before. It reminds me of a another Spectrum game called Jumping Jack.

Jumping Jack, such a simple idea for a game, with as simplest graphics, you'll ever see. But it had one of those, just one more go vibes about it.

• Like 1

Interesting game found an enhanced (hacked) version that allowed a joystick option which i need to play it on my handheld.Easy premise not so easy to do though.

Its interesting as there was just magazine reviews and what your friends bought to decide what games you would play back in the day.Then as now my main focus was driving  and sports games although ultimate play the game were special and tons of interesting games fell through the cracks because we just didn't know enough about them or see anyone playing them.

• Like 1

I remember playing this in my youth and finding it seriously hard (just like basically everything on the Spectrum), so I never really played it much. 

In case anyone's interested though, the world record for completion is 11:22 : 

Edited by shiny
  • Like 1

Very patient there pal. I'd have fisted the screen with frustration after 10 minutes of having to start all over again when I died. Actually, I tell a lie. I'd have fisted the screen, smashed a chair on my joystick and burned all the bogroll in my house...

Very entertaining vid by the way pal 👍🏽