Crystal MPU4

Dougsta

Evening all. I'm wondering if anyone has any information on the old Crystal MPU4 machines, and whether these could work on MFME 6. They did a fair few that we've never been able to emulate due to encryption on the ROMs, though maybe we did get Aladdin's Cave working on Amber at one point. I tried to fire up Club Twister the other night but couldn't get any life out of it, although there was activity in the debugger. I added some lamps and an alpha but no action there, even after a fair bit of fiddling around.

Would love to do some layouts for these. Really good games.

• Like 1

OK so this will definitely happen, and I've made a decent start already. A few issues have cropped up:

- The sounds aren't quite right and I suspect they are the ones for the 3-reel AWP. They're close but seem jumbled in places. If anyone has alternate sound ROMs tucked away, let me know

- I can't get the hopper settings quite right and keeping getting a driver error. It also pays out 20p's only. Trial and error should see it fixed

- I don't have Crystal reel symbols but am trying to scavenge some

I'll be taking my time as I love this machine, but will be sure to do it proper. I've been waiting 20 years to play this again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ready to go, but unfortunately I've not been able to fix the hopper errors. It's being looked at now by others who are more in the know. If and when these problems get fixed, I'll release this immediately.

Not entirely happy with the way the Twister feature has come out, so that may need to be changed if I can find a better way. Plays a real good game this one, so there's something to look forward to.

Twister.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wizard said:

This appears to have a serial based coin mech and possibly hopper too, so it needs work. I'll try and get it into 6.1 but no promises as I don't want to delay the release.

Is there a manual for this anywhere?

Nothing I can find so far, but will keep looking for you. Is it only the manual for this specific machine that would be useful to you, or would manuals for machines with similar design/components also be useful? Obviously a standard MPU4 manual is of no use for example, but let me know what specifically to look for and I'll go through whatever materials we have.

Yeah I've trawled all the ROM sites and all of them have that same twistersound.bin file, which is the 3-reeler sounds. I've opened all of the files and they look identical to the ones I am using with the layout currently. I'll have another check through all of the available sound ROMs tomorrow, but I fear we might be stuck with these ones.

Update. Coin in working, hopper working, meters working :) Sounds didn't turn up but we won't lose sleep. Will work only in v6.1

Autoplay overnight tonight to max out the cashpots and this will be available for download tomorrow morning.

Next up will be Club Carousel, which unfortunately uses a disk reel and will take some working out to get right.

• Like 2