Andy's Great Escape £6 cash/token - £10 20p Larger Dx's - £8 dx 1.0.4

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Following on from the earlier releases of this a few days back

@johnparker007 recently upscaled the original dx images and enlarged the artwork so Big Thanks to him for this these are crystal clear

So what you've got in this upload

£6 All Cash

£6 Token

£10 All Cash All with Sideart removed

Thankyou to the original layouts from @Pook and @guitar and to @Tommy c for images from his £4 bwb version

Enjoy and Happy Gaming!!!!

Does anybody have any A. roms and B. images for the £10 original Andy Capp in the blue cabinet as that still needs a decent dx made??

Edited by vectra666

What's New in Version 1.0.4   See changelog

Released

£8 20p rom version now added to downloads

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Awesome 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

16 minutes ago, johnparker007 said:

@vectra666 "Does anybody have any A. roms and B. images for the £10 original Andy Capp in the blue cabinet "

You may have luck checking in the Fruit Machine ROM Archive? :) 

Link here and also in my sig: 
[ Fruit Machine ROM  Archive ] The archive: https://tinyurl.com/3jhzbueb

We have roms now for images? 

6 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

We have roms now for images? 

The Fruit Machine ROM Archive only contains ROMs (an online mirror of @Geddy's full collection).  It is separate to the Community Drive, which only contains images. 

I'm unsure about images, but there appears to be a great many Andy Capp ROMs available in the Fruit Machine ROM Archive, so you might find that £10 ROM you requested :) 

Sorry for confusion, they're two separate projects:

[ Community Drive ] The drive: http://tinyurl.com/yckze665
[ Fruit Machine ROM  Archive ] The archive: https://tinyurl.com/3jhzbueb

Hope that clears things up! :) 

Edited by johnparker007

Really like this.  I vaguely remember playing this in my local pub but it wasn't around for long.  Anyway, I'll try both versions; with and without tokens and see what the gameplay is like.  Other than that, the scans, sounds and overall look is spot on.  Well done Vecs !

• Thanks 1

Great work - this may be how the machine plays anyway but I noticed if I open the S DOOR before the full jackpot had been paid, it guaranteed the next board was invincible and always went to jackpot either to the top or nudges.  I still couldn't get it to really payout more since I couldn't get it to board often enough - great fun just getting jackpot again and again though !

Edited by GREDDIE
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Road Hog Mad said:

@vectra666 do you think you can do anything with the m1a madness ones r.e. the side art so they are better in portrait mode?

Suppose you could save out the bmps reduce their width exactly to the pixel on both sides to avoid “jumping” of lamps maybe enlarge the art for a bigger layout then re lamp the layout again 

would take a few hours each but possible if it’s only side art to the right then that’s far easier 

• Like 1

What a difference between the old one and that new one you've worked on!! Night and day!! Amazing work. Don't even need my glasses to play it :):) 

Thanks Vecs - much appreciated.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, uptown47 said:

What a difference between the old one and that new one you've worked on!! Night and day!! Amazing work. Don't even need my glasses to play it :):) 

Thanks Vecs - much appreciated.

What new one , if you mean the £100 one it’s a totally different game these are far better can’t beat the originals 

29 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

What new one , if you mean the £100 one it’s a totally different game these are far better can’t beat the originals 

No I meant the one with the upgraded graphics. Still the £10 one.

1 hour ago, uptown47 said:

£10 one just as playable as the six I’d personally download all three but the larger ones in this release 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 11:58, uptown47 said:

Remade for &8 tokens plays great too