The Royle Family £15 dx 70 glorious years long live mfme

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

wizard rip. 

thanks to @infection for the image used which was 45 degree angle and the only one he had so i feel it's pretty decent for what i had. image attached, the buttons are skewiff which is the giveaway.. thanks to the previous dx creator who i got the roms and lamping from..

thanks to @vectra666 for the lovely cab, and to @Matty.n for the reel symbols available in downloads. and vecs for some too..

TRY AS I MAY (AND I FEKKING TRIED FOR HOURS) I COULD NOT FIND A LAMP MASK # FOR THE HI LO BAND! PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU DO! but i believe thats the reason for the blocked parts??? and i can't remember from my days playing.. 

Believe what you want but i developed the emptier on this myself before it became well known, i found that with 10p credit left in the game if i changed stake after collecting funny money it would hold the cherries and give me a free board, it took a few of us discussing to work out the full empty.. 

this is a game i loved dearly, unfortunately for me the very best games of my playing career ended up having methods which led to them being gone too soon.

there are hi lo shortcuts assigned to the numberic keyboard.. press ctrl e, then right click to the buttons, select properties and change to your own or i can release an update if too many people don't have the keyboard.. 

shortcuts are within the notes 

i tried in vain to do this in a day, but it became more and more beautiful as the day went on that i spent another day touching up every part i could for the love of this game!

last released in 2001 by unknown.. re-released and touched up with new reels and redrawn band reel.. the wild symbol is as close as i could dream of getting, improvements are welcomed and feedback is appreciated as i'm ego mad hahah...

platinum jubilee release by WOODSY.

image.png

What's New in Version 70 glorious years long live mfme   See changelog

Released

thanks to the ever kind and helpful @Clo06 for finding the lamp masks..

and to @logopolis for emptying my new release in record time leading to me adding the 10p coin insert (9) on your keyboard..

thanks to both

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had a quick play with this and managed to get it to do this. I don't know if the additional numbers for 2a and 4a are right or not but they lit up and I thought it might help. I ticked the Lamps option and it looks brilliant now :D

image.png.0ec8de83e76f73105046f6e1a39d2aba.png

I found if you set each one to lamp 64, then that does the required effect :D

I noticed on a YooToob video that the numbers in between the lit ones don't actually have a light but you can see them so I thought as a good compromise is to enable the lighting on them and get a very similar effect. :)

image.thumb.png.382231987b603b0ba63cd81b18889854.png

1 hour ago, Multi Retro Man said:

I found if you set each one to lamp 64, then that does the required effect :D

I noticed on a YooToob video that the numbers in between the lit ones don't actually have a light but you can see them so I thought as a good compromise is to enable the lighting on them and get a very similar effect. :)

image.thumb.png.382231987b603b0ba63cd81b18889854.png

thanks bud, this was one of many different things i tried myself but i didn't think it looked right when it goes black here and there, plus the 64 is for the reel lamps.

but thanks for trying dude

21 minutes ago, izagudun said:

Fantastic work, Thanks :)

You're very welcome. I found an older version of this but that didn't have any lamps at all, plus the quality wasn't brilliant but this version is excellent :D

• Like 1

Oh check this out!!!! I created a second Mask that was slightly darker and used bulb 64 for that on 2a and 4a and OMG the effect looks brilliant. More like the arcade one :)

image.png.3fba54d62a9db0ec373be3c6ecea92e2.png

image.png.4374366b6f5838ba461865230611d4a6.png

you and i have great minds it seems, this is another approach i tried, was really doing my head in but i'm happy with the end result, but im well up for working together on a future release dude

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodsy said:

you and i have great minds it seems, this is another approach i tried, was really doing my head in but i'm happy with the end result, but im well up for working together on a future release dude

My lesser knowledge is the first part but yes, that would be great. It's fantastic to see what you're producing now :)

1 hour ago, zorrojnr82 said:

any option for 20p input see if the trick works?

Press Esc once to leave full screen mode. Go to design and click Edit mode to open. Find a clear area on or next to the machine. Right click and choose button then button again. When the button appears, right click on it and choose properties. Click on the coin/note box and scroll down to Bit 2 4 then click on it.  In the shortcut box add a number other than 0 (8 is usual if it isn't being used elsewhere). If you want, you can name the box 20p or something by using the big box on the bottom right. Click apply when done. Finally right click the button again, scroll down to visible and click that. Once design edit mode is closed, the new button will disappear. I think you can clear buttons from edit mode too, but I don't know how.

20p.png

Edited by davep180
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, zorrojnr82 said:

any option for 20p input see if the trick works?

9 is insert 10p mate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davep180 said:

Press Esc once to leave full screen mode. Go to design and click Edit mode to open. Find a clear area on or next to the machine. Right click and choose button then button again. When the button appears, right click on it and choose properties. Click on the coin/note box and scroll down to Bit 2 4 then click on it.  In the shortcut box add a number other than 0 (8 is usual if it isn't being used elsewhere). If you want, you can name the box 20p or something by using the big box on the bottom right. Click apply when done. Finally right click the button again, scroll down to visible and click that. Once design edit mode is closed, the new button will disappear. I think you can clear buttons from edit mode too, but I don't know how.

20p.png

that ctrl e is egg

Cheers @woodsyremember playing this on the leaked MFME back in the pirate days of Fruit Forums and the like!

How much? Jackpot my arse!

Cheers,

Gary.

🍎🍎🍎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPU_FIVE said:

Cheers @woodsyremember playing this on the leaked MFME back in the pirate days of Fruit Forums and the like!

How much? Jackpot my arse!

Cheers,

Gary.

🍎🍎🍎

i have to do everything round here