New MFME 6.1

jackpotjon05

Just now, Wizard said:

You have exceeded your download limit, consider making a donation to remove the limit or you'll have to wait

I see.

Ok ill get a donation done in a sec, so basically when I re-download it do I run/save or save as before I put it into a separate folder?

And do I need WinRAR now or no?

Thankyou

I am SO sorry to be a pain, as just so un-technical you wouldn't believe (well you probably do)

So when I click on your link I click ''open'' first yes rather than save or save as?

Then extract and save to folder, correct?

Then in order to run older games I download/extract a game the way I used to on fruit-emu for games that are not here and put them into a folder?

Then what do I do please? Run the 5.1 open the game, close it and then run it again on 6.1?

22 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

I am SO sorry to be a pain, as just so un-technical you wouldn't believe (well you probably do)

So when I click on your link I click ''open'' first yes rather than save or save as?

Then in order to run older games I download/extract a game the way I used to on fruit-emu for games that are not here and put them into a folder?

Then what do I do please? Run the 5.1 open the game, close it and then run it again on 6.1?

Jon

You will need to click on save when you close the game in 5.1 if you don't it wont convert and therefore will not open in the latest version of the emulator or 6.1 if your not running windows 10 if you are the I would deffo suggest you get version 19.x as this version has many new and updated features.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Your're missing a step using MFME 5.1, once an old game loads correctly you need to go to

Design / Layout/Game / Save Layout

This will covert the old layout file to the new version.  After that you can use a newer version of MFME including 6.1 right up to 19.8

• Like 1

Now I really am confused.

Just downloaded 5.1 and put it into my folder.

Went into fruit emu and downloaded ''Andys Great Escape'' and ran perfectly in 5.1.

Ive exited the game (as advised) and saved it and now it launches in 6.1 also, but whats the difference?

I was under the understanding that 5.1 isn't an emulator, but a converter but it runs in this, which I cant get my head around because this seems to contradict everything I have been trying to do

Just now, jackpotjon05 said:

Another thing I have just noticed as the answer is probably ''no'' but do you have to read the T's and C's each time you load an emulator even though you have agreed to it the once, 

or do you have to do it every single time?

Not every single time but on occasions but what I do is see how many push ups I can do before I can continue.

18 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Now I really am confused.

Just downloaded 5.1 and put it into my folder.

Went into fruit emu and downloaded ''Andys Great Escape'' and ran perfectly in 5.1.

Ive exited the game (as advised) and saved it and now it launches in 6.1 also, but whats the difference?

I was under the understanding that 5.1 isn't an emulator, but a converter but it runs in this, which I cant get my head around because this seems to contradict everything I have been trying to do

Right, lets get this straight for the final time

v5.1 is an emulator but also has the ability to convert layouts to the lastest format ( fml )

Early layouts are in .dat format and will *ONLY* work in v5.1. Load the game and when you exit and it asks you save, say yes and the layout will be saved in .fml format

v6.1 ( and v19 for that matter ) will *ONLY* run layouts in .fml format ( so you need to do the step above to convert them)

So to avoid keep having to run different versions, do the conversion step above.

v19 only runs in W10, so if you aren't running W10 it won't install and you'll have to use v6.1 which is the latest version for W7 and XP

It's in your own interest to convert them as v6.1 has fixes etc that aren't in v5.1 and it will save you having to keep running the different versions.

Each time you run a different version it will ask you to confirm the T&Cs which is another reason to convert.

If it says "Unsupported Platform" the download might be corrupted, nothing to do with versions.

45 minutes ago, dad said:

Your're missing a step using MFME 5.1, once an old game loads correctly you need to go to

Design / Layout/Game / Save Layout

This will covert the old layout file to the new version.  After that you can use a newer version of MFME including 6.1 right up to 19.8

But I cant do this with Barcode because it wont let me get to this stage to save it because it wont load

2 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Right, lets get this straight for the final time

v5.1 is an emulator but also has the ability to convert layouts to the lastest format ( fml )

Early layouts are in .dat format and will *ONLY* work in v5.1. Load the game and when you exit and it asks you save, say yes and the layout will be saved in .fml format

v6.1 ( and v19 for that matter ) will *ONLY* run layouts in .fml format ( so you need to do the step above to convert them)

So to avoid keep having to run different versions, do the conversion step above.

v19 only runs in W10, so if you aren't running W10 it won't install and you'll have to use v6.1 which is the latest version for W7 and XP

It's in your own interest to convert them as v6.1 has fixes etc that aren't in v5.1 and it will save you having to keep running the different versions.

Each time you run a different version it will ask you to confirm the T&Cs which is another reason to convert.

If it says "Unsupported Platform" the download might be corrupted, nothing to do with versions.

RIGHT, I see.

So I can download games from fruit emu then like I just did with Andys great escape, but I don't really need to convert this particular game because it already runs in 5.1?

So Barcode isn't working because its corrupted? Normally this would load (if it was a different game) in 5.1 then and convert if necessary?

Do most games on desert island all work in 6.1 then?

Some of the files on Fruit Emu have been designed for other emulators, such as BFMulator, JPeMulator and Amber and will NOT run on any version of MFME without conversion (please forget about conversions for now - far too complicated)

Its possible that you've downloaded an incompatible layout.  If you attach the zip file you downloaded we can tell you for sure.

While we are on this subject of emulators, on a slightly different note does any one or can please explain why when I ran ''Ricochet'' yesterday on the JPM emu of Fruit-emu

why it ran perfectly yesterday and now its running REALLY slowly today?

Is it something to do with the machine paying out and ''thinking'' as it were a bit like Duff Beer Guide after a large payout?

Just finding that one strange and hoping someone has the answer?

Thanks