Downloads via PM

Zippy

If someone asks for a file via PM can or does this bypass the download limits? I am slightly apprehensive of sending files to someone especially a new member if it is not authorised because I don't and will not entertain it for several reasons,

1. Not breaking the rules by burying myself,

2. I hate leechers and liberty takers,

3. Don't want to lose it, as you know what I am like,

@Reg or anyone else, please advise?

Edited by Big J

Yes it does bypass the limits and there is no reason for this to happen that I can see.

The limits cycle around and members who have exceeded downloads should wait for more or subscribe.

The only people that really should be passing layouts by PM is FML designers when the pass to testers etc.

If a designer has uploaded a layout to the Downloads then that is how they expect it to be distributed.

If I become aware of this ( people sharing others work that is already in the downloads via PMs ) then there are likely new badges with new privileges appearing on peoples accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Yeah I've been asked a few times and always point to the downloads.

I do however once renamed send all layouts to @Mort via PM to check they are okay before they go up or in the dat.  I hope that is acceptable @Reg

*hides* 😬

You're valiadiating your work - that's fine and @Mort as an .FML Designer has access to the downloads anyway - it's not anything he could not take for himself and that is the key here.

The whole point is this...

I am not going to put a rule out as @Big J asked - to be honest - it's common sense and but it stays for reference.

Think of it this way, if anyone knew another member was bypassing and supporting non-supporters once in a while by passing out layouts when they were:

• Not the designer.
  • Did not have permission from the designer.
  • This was going on behind the scenes on little seen feeds or via PM's to people that had already used download limits that do recycle.

Would people - kick off - the answer is yes.

If somebody desperately wants a layout and they are out of downloads - the only logical action is they must speak to the designer to see if they are prepared to send them a copy.  It's really as simple as that.

We don't introduce the protection from leechers and everything else just to happily pass things behind the scenes.

Credit to yourself here and although your reasons were different you flagged it and also credit to @Big J for admiting that this had happened.

We move on - it's done.

• Like 3

• Reg locked this topic