Looking for Crazy Crocs/Main Attraction

jackpotjon05

Hi, thanks again to everyone for their help this week for a newbie like me.

Trying to navigate around the forum and trying to find a game called Crazy Crocs and Main Attraction?

Does anyone know if any of these have been emulated please?

Im sure back in the day of FE, I came across them but cant seem to find any downloads for them, but sure they have been done?

When I look under ''browse and downloads'' section of this page, is that where I find all the games available or are there other places that I could be looking that I am not looking at?

Just finding it a bit confusing trying to find games by specifically by name and navigating my way around the website.

Got all the emus running now though, so that's great and a start at least even though it took me 3 straight days!!!

12 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Just noticed that it says to play in v19.6 only.

Does this mean I have to download another emulator or will it run in what ive already got as didn't know there were other emus also (thought I had it all) LOL

Ive got 5.1 for the converters, 6.1 even though I don't need it for win 10 and 19.0 and 19.8, I take it wont run in any of those?

Just now, jackpotjon05 said:

Oh that works does it?

Just threw me saying 19.6 only, bit confusing

If it says v19 forget any numbers after as they are only for purpose when Wizard updates it with tweaks, bug fixes etc. As I said to you via pm you can search in a few different ways including on layout creators profiles.

4 minutes ago, Big J said:

If it says v19 forget any numbers after as they are only for purpose when Wizard updates it with tweaks, bug fixes etc. As I said to you via pm you can search in a few different ways including on layout creators profiles.

Silly question I know, but I assume that's in the Members Layouts section?

Was so used to FE for so many years and so used to going into downloads and just typing name of machine im still trying to get used to this site!!!

31 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Does anyone know if Main Attraction has been re-done?

Not in the downloads section on here afaik I typed attraction in the search bar above and nowt came up

although it could be within the legacy section on here, that’s where you’ll find all the older layouts that were on fruit-emu and more, again I’ve never looking at that section due to having most of the layouts ever produced already

As for playability in emulators if it says 

play in v6.1 only for instance. This was written as at the time of making the layout that was the latest mfme available at the time , ignore that and play them in the very latest mfme (currently v19.8)

I always say v19.8+ meaning that emulator or above

• Like 1

As far as legacy layouts are concerned.  (I'm not 100% the section looks the same for other members as I have access to modify it.) I think if you want to know if something is emulated use the MFME gallery at the top of the page and then look at the pictures to see if it is there or not.  If you order the sections by caption it will go into alphabetical order to help you.

• Like 2

Not Retired from FME June 2022

1 hour ago, Geddy said:

As far as legacy layouts are concerned.  (I'm not 100% the section looks the same for other members as I have access to modify it.) I think if you want to know if something is emulated use the MFME gallery at the top of the page and then look at the pictures to see if it is there or not.  If you order the sections by caption it will go into alphabetical order to help you.

Im a bit confused, sort what into caption?

Ive gone onto page and theres only 31 there anyway

3 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Im a bit confused, sort what into caption?

Ive gone onto page and theres only 31 there anyway

There are 31 sections.  The manufacturers of the machines.  Once you click a section e.g. Barcrest then you are presented with all the pictures of the emulated Barcrest machines.  If you wish to look at them in alphabetical order click 'sort by' then 'captions' top right of page.  Then you can scroll through to see if the machine you are looking for is emulated.

• Like 1

Is there anyway to do an A-Z directory within the gallery not everyone necessarily remembers who made what machine or at least for the larger catergories such as barcrest to go straight to different letters  Maybe letters instead of page numbers if such a thing is even possible.Not just newbies that like a browse.

4 minutes ago, jabbathehut said:

Is there anyway to do an A-Z directory within the gallery not everyone necessarily remembers who made what machine or at least for the larger catergories such as barcrest to go straight to different letters  Maybe letters instead of page numbers if such a thing is even possible.Not just newbies that like a browse.

That one is for Supreme Leader 'Reglo_Ren.'  I personally can't do it.  The layouts themselves are located like that so for the larger sets Barcrest - B, Barcrest - C etc etc... 

1 hour ago, Geddy said:

There are 31 sections.  The manufacturers of the machines.  Once you click a section e.g. Barcrest then you are presented with all the pictures of the emulated Barcrest machines.  If you wish to look at them in alphabetical order click 'sort by' then 'captions' top right of page.  Then you can scroll through to see if the machine you are looking for is emulated.

I see, thankyou

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

Clearly im doing something wrong.....

Gone into Layout Gallery and see a list of machines...……………...click on an image and don't see any download link?

What am I doing wrong please?

It's because that is exactly what it is... a gallery.  There are just pictures there.  The downloads are in the erm... downloads section.

http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/37-legacy-layouts/

Then once there after reading the blurb choose your section.  The layouts are in 'packs.'  So for example if you wanted Action Bank Barcrest go to the #-A pack click download this file (green button) then choose Action Bank... then you are going to want the roms so go to this handy requesting area..

http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/forum/61-layout-layout-and-legacy-rom-support-area/

I  know it might seem a touch long winded but it's been designed like that for a very good reason.  Once you have the hang of it it will be easy... good luck.

• Like 2