MPU4 Video Machines not running

adam763

Trying to get some MPU4 video machines working;

Miami Dice  |  Monte Carlo or Bust  |  Reno Reels

I have no problem with the more modern video slots, just these old-skool jobbies.

Am I missing something obvious..?

I'm running the newest version of MFME.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

Are you getting any error messages and what about other video ones 

red hot poker, big 40 poker or even the classic version of Reno reels? 

how did you download them was it from the legacy section? As maybe the roms wen loaded are placing in the wrong sections

Thanks for the reply,

Other video machines play great, including Big 40 Poker.

It seems to only be the classics that have the CRT look to the cabs.

I'm receiving absolutely no errors; the machines just look like they're switched off at the wall!?

I downloaded these a few years back as I found them on an old memory stick, so I have no idea where I download them from.

Any future help would be hugely appreciated you legend!!

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

17 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Search this site as I created DX layouts for the following machines.

Monte Carlo of Bust
Miami Dice
Reno Reels

J

Thanks for this!

I'll have a search and report back if I have any further issues!

Thanks again!

I have the same issues sometimes with mpu4 video and as you say plug in Ethernet  and away we go.I Had a similar problem with scorpion 5/adder5 technology when the new mfme20 came out check out this thread.Unfortunately @Wizard the creator and genius of mfme sadly passed away in 2020,I’m 100% sure he would have the answer.

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/profile/90-wizard/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ginge said:

I have the same issues sometimes with mpu4 video and as you say plug in Ethernet  and away we go.I Had a similar problem with scorpion 5/adder5 technology when the new mfme20 came out check out this thread.Unfortunately @Wizard the creator and genius of mfme sadly passed away in 2020,I’m 100% sure he would have the answer.

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/profile/90-wizard/

It does seem bizarre, like the machines do some sort of online check!!?!?

There's many questions I'd have loved to ask Wizard, it's a shame, I've read he was a genuinely nice chap.

Thanks for the response!

Ahh, I had just assumed the video fruits didn't work in MFME v20, so i'd been playing them in MFME v19.8 instead... (no ethernet required)

My windows setup is purely for fruit machine emulation... i don't let it go on the internet at all - (don't want a windows update to break the sound again) couldn't play MFME on it for 2 years as could'nt find a way to fix it! - that's why windows 10 will never be allowed online again! lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MPU_FIVE said:

Ahh, I had just assumed the video fruits didn't work in MFME v20, so i'd been playing them in MFME v19.8 instead... (no ethernet required)

My windows setup is purely for fruit machine emulation... i don't let it go on the internet at all - (don't want a windows update to break the sound again) couldn't play MFME on it for 2 years as could'nt find a way to fix it! - that's why windows 10 will never be allowed online again! lol.

Windoze 10 is the worst!! My main PC that lives in the living room is only every put into Sleep mode, not shut down, as it literally takes 15-20 minutes to boot! It's a bloody quick machine but Win10, with its crappy updates has buggered it!

I wonder if MPU4 video machines work on v19.8...? I'd have both versions installed, but I'm too impatient to swap between the two, waiting for the usage/disclaimer warning to scroll to the end! 😆

• Like 1