I am having a spot of trouble

wrfox85

Hi, I downloaded a few of the emulators but I think I'm using the wrong emulator play them? I want to play quantum leap and king kebab etc. I tried the JPM 2.51 emulator for quantum leap as that was JPM and it wouldn't work. It shows an error message. Then tried numerous of the MFME versions to play king kebab but again can't get any of them to load. How do you know what emulator you need for which layout? And where abouts do you get the required emulators? Thanks.

You need mfme v20 which then you need to check for updates which will then goto v20.1 this will play most layouts especially after oct 2016 (unless they’re blacklisted) all layouts in the legacy section are already playable for v20

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/11-mfme-emulator-releases/

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 1

just to add to vectras post. MFME uses the .fml extension for it's layouts. If you download a layout for JpEmu - the layout will have a .JEL extension and won't work in MFME v20

So ideally, stick with MFME layouts, and use JpEmu only if there's no MFME version of the game to play. Hopefully that makes sense :D 

1 hour ago, WonkySausage said:

just to add to vectras post. MFME uses the .fml extension for it's layouts. If you download a layout for JpEmu - the layout will have a .JEL extension and won't work in MFME v20

So ideally, stick with MFME layouts, and use JpEmu only if there's no MFME version of the game to play. Hopefully that makes sense :D 

@wrfox85 you'll be even happier to know i've just released a few of the JPeMu greats... because they are greats.. obviously wonky forgot to mention that ;) 

• Like 1

living the dream

1 minute ago, vectra666 said:

you touting for downloads rofl

pmsl... i'm honestly deliriously happy with that bit of banter haha

had a fit of coughing laughter after original press to post

Edited by woodsy

living the dream

On 02/04/2022 at 13:35, vectra666 said:

You need mfme v20 which then you need to check for updates which will then goto v20.1 this will play most layouts especially after oct 2016 (unless they’re blacklisted) all layouts in the legacy section are already playable for v20

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/11-mfme-emulator-releases/

Thanks for this I have sorted it now, having great fun with them :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't donated to the site, then you're probably at your download limit for the week/month. Below is a snapshot from the New Members FAQ thread that show the download limits in place. As Serene02 said if you donate to the site, it lifts the restrictions once the donation has been received and actioned by Reg. From May 1st Donations and downloads are changing which you can view by clicking the green box on the right side of the homepage to Desert Island Fruits :) Hope this helps

1789bcfed1cee3902860c30d59b5ebe5.png

Edited by WonkySausage