Alarm 54-2A Meter Sense Fail (MPU5) - Pay Unit Err 17 (SC4)

MPU_FIVE

Hello, i dug out the Codfather (MPU5) and also South Park (SC4) made in the days before the official release of MFME 5 and get errors...

as far as i know neither has been released since.

With the Codfather i get Alarm 54-2A Meter Sense Fail

With South Park i get Pay Unit Err 17

I would imagine i will find many others that do the same as i trawl through my archives so wondering if there is a fix for both these errors that can be applied to any other machines that have the same problem going forwards...

I have searched the forums, and think i found a suitable fix for the South Park issue here...

But searching found nothing to help with the Meter Sense Fail problem with the Codfather MPU5 layout, so if anyone has a fix, please let me know.

I attach some screenshots to show what i saw, thank you in advance for any help that comes this way.

Cheers all,

Gary aka MPU_FIVE

🍒🍒🍒

Codfather 1.png

Codfather 2.png

South Park.png

1 hour ago, logopolis said:

The Codfather layout doesn't spin the reels correctly from what I recall. Either the reels are in the wrong positions or they spin backwards, can't remember which.

I’ll have a look at that tomoz! Seeing it again after so these years makes me itch for a streak!! 

right click, change the number 1 to 3 and 3 to 1 and click reversed if necessary. But that’s from memory as I haven’t looked at it yet… it was happening all the time on my recent hands games and Is possibly the same thing here, is it mpu5? Or 4? In have no idea. 

• Like 1

living the dream

2 hours ago, woodsy said:

I’ll have a look at that tomoz! Seeing it again after so these years makes me itch for a streak!! 

right click, change the number 1 to 3 and 3 to 1 and click reversed if necessary. But that’s from memory as I haven’t looked at it yet… it was happening all the time on my recent hands games and Is possibly the same thing here, is it mpu5? Or 4? In have no idea. 

Ah right, I thought it was just some roms that acted like that but there must be a way to fix that in the emulator somewhere. Codfather is MPU5 but it mainly did the reel reverse spinning on some MPU4 roms and also Maygay M1.

@woodsy Cheers matey!

I will have a play of this and the one i already have as i could do with getting my hands dirty with the MFME settings... you'd think having been in the FME scene since 2004, i'd know how to by now! - but alas - i don't!

Just glad there are loads of friendly faces here that are so helpful - one of many things i love about being here on the isle of fruits!

Cheers,

Gary aka MPU_FIVE

🍒🍒🍒

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MPU_FIVE said:

@woodsy Cheers matey!

I will have a play of this and the one i already have as i could do with getting my hands dirty with the MFME settings... you'd think having been in the FME scene since 2004, i'd know how to by now! - but alas - i don't!

Just glad there are loads of friendly faces here that are so helpful - one of many things i love about being here on the isle of fruits!

Cheers,

Gary aka MPU_FIVE

🍒🍒🍒

I’m still dreaming of the day we get your carry on machine up and running. That game is 80 percent of my childhood

• Awesome 1

living the dream

3 minutes ago, woodsy said:

I’m still dreaming of the day we get your carry on machine up and running. That game is 80 percent of my childhood

Me too!

By the way I took another batch of photos of What a Carry on, don't know if you want them, i will chuck em here anyway...

theres lots of pics of the reels as i was trying to get a pic of each symbol with and without the "carry on" symbol on it...

also went through said symbols to try to map out the reels as i wanted to put them into the albeit broken classic layout i have of it - just need a talented programmer to try hack it to make MFME run the damn thing!

Carry on bodged reel symbols.zip 1348454900_Whatacarryon2.zip

2 hours ago, MPU_FIVE said:

Me too!

By the way I took another batch of photos of What a Carry on, don't know if you want them, i will chuck em here anyway...

theres lots of pics of the reels as i was trying to get a pic of each symbol with and without the "carry on" symbol on it...

also went through said symbols to try to map out the reels as i wanted to put them into the albeit broken classic layout i have of it - just need a talented programmer to try hack it to make MFME run the damn thing!

Carry on bodged reel symbols.zip 935.03 kB · 1 download 1348454900_Whatacarryon2.zip 382.28 MB · 2 downloads

pukka matey, i remember we did mention it to @johnparker007 but he's incredibly busy with AS, so it's probably a while before anyone can figure out the reel thingy sp.ACE need to run etc

• Like 1

living the dream