Desert Island Retro

Arcade Punks

VCOFTHENFE

• 5 weeks later...

It's a Hyperspin Add-on pack. I downloaded it and ended up here!

It has video intros for about 160 Fruities. What brought me here, was the lack of old skool machines.

The pack has to be integrated with RocketLauncher, but works well for me.

15 hours ago, davep180 said:

It's a Hyperspin Add-on pack. I downloaded it

im not a fan of mfme being handed out to people for free when the guys n gals here put a lot of time and effort into creating these epic machines that brings us all great memories back from days gone by,Its a real shame that this has to happen and mfme gets bundled together on some site so people can just get 100s of machines for free and dont even need to donate a penny to these guys ,i have started my own hyperspin mfme but it isnt for anyone else its just a way to showcase these incredible machines

• Like 2

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/playlists

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

2 hours ago, davep180 said:

Thanks AK45. What you haven't mentioned is that because of this pack I am now a member here and have donated to the cause. I know not everyone will do the same, but you kind of made me look like a dick.

It wasnt my intention to single anyone out it was a comment made toward the hundereds if not more that get these for free without a thankyou or anything or needing to join, i apologise if you feel i think i made you something your not and i commend the fact you donated and have joined and become a member but the website which hosts these shouldnt do so without permission which tbh they would never get.

• Like 1

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/playlists

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

Fair enough. Maybe I over reacted. I think I may be Manstruating! I do think you may be surprised about how many new people have come here due to the Arcade Punks pack. If you have any wheel art or intro videos for Hyperspin would you be willing to share? I wish you nothing but good intentions.

• Like 1

If i remember rightly...don't you have to write a script/points on notepad to give instructions for hyperspin to follow? Forgive me for asking this as my hyperspin drive hasnt been connect for ages.

This was going back some years and other frontends e.g launchbox etc was only just coming onboard. So there was only really Hyperspin to go to.

I do feel that with there only been that add on pack of 160 fruits this is the tip of the iceberg with the amount of fruits we have emulated and to get all fruit machines with video's and icon for the wheel will be a long process and sometime before this is done for hyperspin, is there not easier frontends??? that have come on?

I ask this because how things have moved on over the past couple of years with emulation and frontends. 

again youtube being a pain when it comes to embedding a video !!

this is just a quick update as to what im doing as like i say its just a way to showcase the machines rather than play them through hyperspin as i have never bothered about setting it up to play the machines and i just prefer to use mfme on my desktop.

@davep180 if there is any media i can help with i will do but most of the media is collected from here and some through searching online ,the intro videos are just 1.30 clips i recorded through windows 10 recorder anyway im happy to help in any way 🙂

17 hours ago, shaun2097 said:

i use "MGALAXY" simple point and click front end for almost all emulators, including MFME

i used to used that as well for mfme but wanted to add more info about the machines and add a flyer

• Like 3

@davep180 its a labour of love really and i am only doing machines which have flyers ,i dont care how long it takes as i think it is going to be an ever growing showcase.I had to search and search and watch lots of tutorial videos about flash and sizing images so they would look better in hyperspin but im still a noob at all this and just plod along at my own pace 🙂

• 2 months later...

A Quick update to how things are progressing with hyperspin,i am a long way from being happy with it as you will see i have half of the wheel logo's missing and have been searching or trying to lift them off flyers (i'm not that great) i am also trying to record the volume on machines a bit better by turning machine volume up or down using the checkbox refill options on a lot of the machines,i also have a lot of dates to try and fill in as most of the end with ? as i cannot find info i have collected a lot of text files about the various company releases as text file shows below.

Again this is just to showcase everyones hard work and dedication to these amazing machines from the people who do the classic layouts or excellent looking dx wdx's to the people who provide a lot of information and resources and all the donators who keep this forum running and help pay bills that make this community to what it is today and not to forget the fantastic memories these help us all relive and be able to remenise about having good or bad days or being able to empty machines or at least able to discover tricks to make them pay better than normal without having to walk home sick as a dog for losing all your money  ..well i did mostly lol

Dates.thumb.jpg.aa1e93d05852850259ccf345d67381da.jpg

Edited by AK45
  • Awesome 1

Thanks @davep180 and yes i agree tommy is like a conveyor belt at the moment lol , I managed to find a module that works with V20 so i can launch from hyperspin if i choose to, If you need any images or the module let me know and ill try to get them to you but im not sure how as a novice at sending files etc.

Edited by AK45
  • Like 1