Okay to use these buttons?

Fruity Nut

So I'm building a small control panel for my small touchscreen bartop. 

It can only fit 8 buttons. 

I was thinking :-

Start

3 holds

Cancel/Collect

Transfer/Exchange 

Barcrest

And one other. Not sure yet 🤔

Will I run into problems having 2 keys as one button at all? 

is it possible to have this with an ipac? 

Will some machines cause problems if they usually have separate "Cancel" and "Collect" or "Transfer" and "Exchange"? 

Any help much appreciated!

What buttons would you have? 

I'm really not sure what would be best. Not fussed about the 4th hold as won't be using club machines.

Thank you 🙏

I don't think i fully understand what you're asking but I will have a go at answering:

It does not matter how few or many buttons you have, as you have a touchscreen for the buttons on the glass then your 8 buttons for the base should be ok.

I know button shortcuts on any button in MFME can have 2 keys assigned to them, that's all well and good until there's an instance where both functions are active at once.... i can imagine if you've got a single button assigned to do cancel AND collect if you was on a feature board and got a taxi and tried using cancel to slow it down, there's a chance the machine will assume you wanted to collect the cash stack instead.

Hope others can add more info for you, i've noticed this question of your's has been up a few days with 30 views and no one has commented sadly... I see this a few times on this site and can guess it's frustrating for those who just want an answer to a genuine question. Hope i've helped a bit at least.

Cheers,

Gary. :)

• Like 1

Aah really appreciate that Gary. Yes that's exactly what I was trying to put across. 

So unless anyone else has any input I feel it's better to have separate buttons so I will probably end up going this route :-

Start

Hold

Hold

Hold

Cancel

Transfer

Exchange

Barcrest

I can always use the touchscreen for Collect and any others on the top glass as you say. 

Cheers again 🙏👍

95% of machines you can double up the cancel and collect button, most machines will do hi and low on hold buttons 2 and 3. MFME is pretty flexible, and for ones that you can’t assign without clashing, you can use the touchscreen. Mine has start, exchange, cancel/collect and 4 hold buttons. I often use hold 4 as a cancel for 3 reel machines with collect clashes.

40 minutes ago, davep180 said:

95% of machines you can double up the cancel and collect button, most machines will do hi and low on hold buttons 2 and 3. MFME is pretty flexible, and for ones that you can’t assign without clashing, you can use the touchscreen. Mine has start, exchange, cancel/collect and 4 hold buttons. I often use hold 4 as a cancel for 3 reel machines with collect clashes.

Interesting thanks 👍

Looking on Arcade World they do 32mm buttons which would suit better and I can fit 12 (see pic) so will make life easier. I will order now just have to work out colours 🤔

IMG_20240209_171032.jpg

28 minutes ago, davep180 said:

Lots of scope with those buttons! Can you take the top off and add inserts? Or sometimes you can get a full set from a machine on eBay for not too bad a price.

Yes was thinking something like this. Does anyone know of anywhere to download different inserts to print? 

IMG_20240209_191136.jpg

• Like 1

Don’t forget 5v led’s

No matter how many buttons you have it will be impossible to map all the games, as Gary said use the touchscreen and I’d just aim for the usual hi-use buttons like cancel, collect, holds, hi/lo, start and gamble etc. and touchscreen the rest. 

Good job btw look forward to seeing it in action 

I know some people like inserts on their buttons, but as an example with the Hi and Lo being on the hold buttons, some fruit machines have them on reel 2 and 3 as Hi and Lo and some others have them as Lo, Hi - just an example here in these pics,

Mirracles has Lo on reel 1 and Hi on reel 3

Psycho Cash Beast has Hi on reel 2 and Lo on reel 3.

This is why I left my buttons blank with no inserts.

I too am waiting for Arcade World to get some buttons in stock... it's taking them ages... (probably droves of Desert Island Fruits members buying them all up for a massive MFME Cab builderthon! )

Cheers,

Gary.

HiLo1.png

HiLo2.png

• Like 1

Yes your right. No way is going to be perfect. It's very annoying trying to get some buttons. It seems you cannot buy them anywhere at the moment. I've messaged Andy at Arcade World. Waiting for a reply. My ipac and pac drive arrived today so eager to get things wired up!