Can't just be me...

Duxxxx

If you do get the taskbar icon showing then try this:

Open MFME, wait for it to be visible on the taskbar.

Click on the MFME taskbar icon.

Then press ALT and SPACE together, a small window will pop up, click on the Maximise option.

Alternatively try the Move option and hold down either left or right arrow keys and see if it comes into view.

If this fails then try this:

Open Regedit

Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CJW]

In that key you will see an MFME key. Just right click on it and chose delete.

If this fails, then try this:

Navigate to the location of the MFME.exe, normally this is C:\Program Files\MFME or maybe C:\Program Files (x86)\MFME.

In this location you will find a separate executable called Update.exe.

Try double clicking on this file and it should open a small update window.

If not, then this could be the issue.

In that case try renaming Update.exe to Update.old.

Then re-try loading MFME.

If none of this works then I am out of ideas for now sorry.

3 hours ago, Mort said:

If you do get the taskbar icon showing then try this:

Open MFME, wait for it to be visible on the taskbar.

Click on the MFME taskbar icon.

Then press ALT and SPACE together, a small window will pop up, click on the Maximise option.

Alternatively try the Move option and hold down either left or right arrow keys and see if it comes into view.

If this fails then try this:

Open Regedit

Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CJW]

In that key you will see an MFME key. Just right click on it and chose delete.

If this fails, then try this:

Navigate to the location of the MFME.exe, normally this is C:\Program Files\MFME or maybe C:\Program Files (x86)\MFME.

In this location you will find a separate executable called Update.exe.

Try double clicking on this file and it should open a small update window.

If not, then this could be the issue.

In that case try renaming Update.exe to Update.old.

Then re-try loading MFME.

If none of this works then I am out of ideas for now sorry.

Tried all that and no joy. When I run it, it shows up momentarily in Task Manager. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no difference. Tried V19 and tries to update but says there is an error. No joy running as admin either. Thanks for the ideas though. 

Anything in Event Viewer logs after it disappears from Task Manager ?

try temporarily renaming the MFME.exe to FRUIT.exe

Are you on a laptop with integrated and dedicated GPUs ? If so, try amending the way they work. E.g always run from dedicated/discrete or vice versa. Also if you have a way to add profiles for individual .exes try creating ones for MFME.exe. 

Edited by Mort

22 hours ago, Mort said:

Anything in Event Viewer logs after it disappears from Task Manager ?

try temporarily renaming the MFME.exe to FRUIT.exe

Are you on a laptop with integrated and dedicated GPUs ? If so, try amending the way they work. E.g always run from dedicated/discrete or vice versa. Also if you have a way to add profiles for individual .exes try creating ones for MFME.exe. 

Well i now know there's an event viewer log 🙂 . Happens the same if i rename the .exe . I've also allowed it through the firewall.  I'm on a desktop with a GTX 750 Ti card. Not sure what a new profile would do as i run as admin.. 

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...

Download the sysinternals suite and then run Process Monitor, then run MFME and put in a filter in Process Monitor to just show MFME see what its doing. If its not showing, then run it again, see if it appears in the filter. It should show you what its trying to do as it starts up. If it opens then closes you'll see it in the trace and it hopefully will show why its closed.

Just read you say it shows up briefly in task manager. This will be a good one for Process Monitor then as it will show up in PM and show you what it was doing as it crashed. It could be an access denied issue that's not flagging up correctly. I'll load mine and watch what its doing. One thing I did note, when it runs it talks to and seems to send data to fruitemu.co.uk

It creates this in the reg. Can you see that?

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CJW

Edited by memyselfandi