MFME help, a bit urgent before I close the pc later on

andrew96

Hopefully someone can help please, v20.1 open on 2nd screen (1st left 2nd right)  all fine........ go into edit mode, all fine, come out of edit mode and I see it dive to the right off the screen!  now I cannot get to it!! taskbar shows its open and there, but how do I get it back so I can see it???

many thanks

Andrew

yeah i get his too, you can shift + right click the icon on the task bar then select move then move your mouse cursor over a tad then press and hold left or right arrow (you'll see why when you do it)

image.png.6cd88e10c6ba0b844c5359b41a39dfe8.png

also the way i fix it (short term) is to set the resolution to the max monitor res but this wont work on alot of layouts as they are larger than native res.

Edited by Ross
  • Like 1

Cheers thankyou, I am sure I used to have the same menu on the right click as yours, BUT I has win 10 which was 3 years old and no updates till I updated to version 22H2 (i think) and now I don't have the minimise / maximise or any of those options!! now I have .. close window, pin to taskbar and mfme open new one, Its still off the screen!! 

thankyou

28 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

Alls.i can suggest is change your screen resolution to an higher pixel size than the layout then maximize the layout then save change screen res back and it should load as normal.

I am already at max screen resolution, I just wanted to save the layout as its several hours put into it and all for nothing...... worse still I could do this again tomorrow and have the same thing happen!

Is there something I can do to stop this zooming off the screen? why does it do it when the mouse goes no further than the edge of the screen?

Can I get back the menu as shown above I used to have? where are those settings? anyone know?

cheers and thanks

Edited by andrew96

Use the Move option in the program’s taskbar icon context menu

To move the window back to the viewable area using the keyboard or mouse, follow these steps:

1. Make the off-screen window the active window using Alt+Tab, Win+Tab, or by clicking the program’s taskbar button.
  2. Hold the Ctrl and Shift keys down, and right-click on the taskbar button of that program.
  3. Click Move.
  4. When the cursor changes to 4-sided arrows, use the keyboard arrows to move the window back to the desired position on the screen. After you select Move, you should also be able to restore the window to the desired position by using the mouse.

nope I get no options let alone move! that does nothing!

9 minutes ago, Amusements said:

This happens to me too.

Sometimes I do "ctrl alt del" (Task Manager) and left click the ">" and right click on "Maximise".

ahhh!!! that's where it is then! that's what I was looking for! I ended the task in the end as was fed up hearing the sounds continuously for hours!! lol

many thanks for that! I am sure that's exactly what I needed!

A bit more info on this problem, If you do the editing in the main screen (screen 1) its all fine! the problem seems to be if you have it open on the second screen and go edit it disappears! I had this happen again just now, so went to task manager and selected MFME right click and went to maximise, nothing!! then minimise then when I selected 'bring to front' it came back on screen 1 all fine!! 

so that's the tip if you update windows 10 to the newer version 10 when maximise just is not there on the taskbar anymore!!

Thankyou everyone for your help, at least there is a way to get it back when it disappears which may be useful to others in the future!

• Like 1