adam434

Hi and welcome!

For me theres no fave or most played as such - just a lot of the JPMS (Roller coaster, Sidewinder, Big Bucks , Impulse, Red Alert, Cracker, etc)  from £8 to £15 era and Barcrest (red hot Knights and its clones, Throw a Wobbler, Space Raiders,  Vamp it Up and clones) from the £15 - £25 era.  These, for me, are some seriously playable machines.

I like most of RED gaming just for old times sakes as well.....

• Like 1

On 10/01/2023 at 13:34, MikeyMonster said:

Hi and welcome!

For me theres no fave or most played as such - just a lot of the JPMS (Roller coaster, Sidewinder, Big Bucks , Impulse, Red Alert, Cracker, etc)  from £8 to £15 era and Barcrest (red hot Knights and its clones, Throw a Wobbler, Space Raiders,  Vamp it Up and clones) from the £15 - £25 era.  These, for me, are some seriously playable machines.

I like most of RED gaming just for old times sakes as well.....

On 11/01/2023 at 21:26, JRSC01 said:

I still am partial to the £15 games (when i played for real probably the first time) Spiker the Biker and such Barcrests, but hating the recent £100 cashgrabs now.

@adam434 these guys said it for me

AND WECLOME (still game doormat joke)

Edited by woodsy
  • Like 1

living the dream

Being a newbie too I couldn't resist posting on this thread as, at the moment, its the only one I can really offer any input on. I'm definitely a late 70's through to 00's guy, with my heart set back in the electromechanical age of Bell Fruit, JPM and Peter Simper machines. Still a sucker for the simpler machines.

My absolute favourites were the BFM Jump Jet/Harrier BFM machine that could be emptied relatively easily with two people playing it and ofter offered multiple holds via a 'Superstart' button along with the JPM Eachway Shuffle. I'm particularly looking forward to playing the latter once I get my head around the new PC and loading the emulator.

Not sure if anybody remembers the Peter Simper machines but they offered 'Holds' after a nudge win in an era when none of the major companies did. I was blown away at the time and always looked out for them in pubs, still nearly always lost money though! 

I was a fan of the MPU3 Barcrest Royal Exchange and JPM Rollercoaster club machines in the day and only sold them a few years ago, big mistake but hey ho. 

Love talking about old fruitys though as nothing touches them nowadays. 

• Like 1
  • Welcome 2

6 minutes ago, Dis said:

Being a newbie too I couldn't resist posting on this thread as, at the moment, its the only one I can really offer any input on. I'm definitely a late 70's through to 00's guy, with my heart set back in the electromechanical age of Bell Fruit, JPM and Peter Simper machines. Still a sucker for the simpler machines.

My absolute favourites were the BFM Jump Jet/Harrier BFM machine that could be emptied relatively easily with two people playing it and ofter offered multiple holds via a 'Superstart' button along with the JPM Eachway Shuffle. I'm particularly looking forward to playing the latter once I get my head around the new PC and loading the emulator.

Not sure if anybody remembers the Peter Simper machines but they offered 'Holds' after a nudge win in an era when none of the major companies did. I was blown away at the time and always looked out for them in pubs, still nearly always lost money though! 

I was a fan of the MPU3 Barcrest Royal Exchange and JPM Rollercoaster club machines in the day and only sold them a few years ago, big mistake but hey ho. 

Love talking about old fruitys though as nothing touches them nowadays. 

way before my time, i started the downhill path with £4 barcrests topstop, cashcounter etc

• Like 1