Hello!

potnoodlefan

A few years ago I made a MAME cabinet / coffee table for my brother and his wife as a xmas gift.

I'll be moving soon to somewhere with my own garage and its got me thinking that a wall mounted, touchscreen unit would be nice. Plus, with a little effort, I could make it work as a MFME cab too. I've seen a couple of builds online and its had my brain whirring away... 🤔

• Like 2

Cheers Dave. I remember having teething issues getting the MAME cab to work smoothly (and it never did, 100%). 

I'm still new to MFME, so have a lot to learn but hopefully it'll turn into something. 

I've had a wee look but can't find anything in the forums on a builds section, to see what others have created. I'm probably being daft, but does anybody have a link please? 

Cheers 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, potnoodlefan said:

Cheers Dave. I remember having teething issues getting the MAME cab to work smoothly (and it never did, 100%). 

I'm still new to MFME, so have a lot to learn but hopefully it'll turn into something. 

I've had a wee look but can't find anything in the forums on a builds section, to see what others have created. I'm probably being daft, but does anybody have a link please? 

Cheers 

19 minutes ago, WonkySausage said:

welcome!

Love me a cheeky pot noodle - chow mein >>>

sweet and sour or the now unfindable nice n spicy.. but boy those posh noodles they did for a while were the 1

living the dream

19 hours ago, potnoodlefan said:

Cheers 

Hi @potnoodlefan - welcome to the island!

An excellent build thread was done by Wibblewobble which shows a cabinet build in detail...

Wibblewobbles thread here -->

No1Stoney has made 2 cabinets, can only find the 1 build thread tho... -->

Also 123 has this thread that has lots of info in it too... -->

That should be a good start anyway... I want to make a cabinet too at some point. I've made a MFME Keyboard so far and it makes such a difference having flashing buttons.

All the best,

Gary.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2022 at 12:28, MPU_FIVE said:

Hi @potnoodlefan - welcome to the island!

An excellent build thread was done by Wibblewobble which shows a cabinet build in detail...

Many thanks Gary!

I knew there would be some somewhere! 🙈

Some inspiring stuff there I must say. Its impressive what a good finish a bit of effort of a time can achieve. 

Once I've got past the nostalgic bit of actually playing the machines I'll hopefully get round to coming up with some ideas... 

😀

• Like 2