Cabinet build

cja272

Well I’m at a total loss here , I’ve got 3 live wires going to the brown cable from my transformer and 3 ground wires to the blue wire on the transformer, one wire to the pack drive and 1 wire to the I pac then set up like in the video and still nothing the hopper had not worked once !

Any help is appreciated 😀

@cja272 most importantly - don't rush - some things take a while to work out and sort out - things don't always happen overnight and can take a few days.  I remember a problem I once had with my T7 that I wanted to put a fist through the screen, it eventually got sorted.

So, that is a different PSU from what I linked first thing I would check here is it 100% working.

The next thing I would be doing us with a multimeter, buzzing out all the wires.  If you buzz the tips of hte wires from the three live from the PSU to the tips of each of the cables to the hopper...

image.png.19aa924980ab84929b55e39d6079beaf.png

...to...

image.png.875720fff78d567993744be2774dd3fc.png

...I would actually to the other end of these black, purple and white cables myself - but the screw heads should do.

Then do the same from the netural wire...

image.png.3ffbc3bf2f433f4b133ec540c766b830.png

...again to the three terminal points...

image.png.8c24dc86a2b961a12d798ef67e83d8f5.png

...be sure that there is not a faulty connection at this point.

My hopper makes NO noise at all unless paying out.

You would not know it's working until it does - it's 100% silent.

If that buzzes out ok, maybe the [ or ] is not working that is triggered when you press test as there is no ground shared between the pacdrive and the iPac.

If using a multimeter, there is no common ground betweeen the iPac to the PacDrive I would think that might be the problem. as the signal betwene the [ or the ] on the pacdrive is not being sent as there is no shared grounding between those devices.

That's all I can think of - otherwise - without being at my machine that I am not - this does not look too bad ?

@No1Stoney can you think of anything I've missed ?

The wiring seems correct so double check all the connections first and make sure the transformer is definitely working.  Im not home at the minute so can't double check, but in mfme, try changing triac to other triac numbers. Finding out which triac the machine fires from can be long winded as involves looking through theel diag window and collecting wins to see which triac fires up. Annoyingly machines use different triac numbers. As @Reg has already said, you wouldn't notice anything from the hopper until its due to pay something. dont worry about ipac config for now as you can look at that after getting the hopper firing up..  all I can think of right now... failing that, load up a modern single hopper machine on MFME, change your hopper config to 'hopper 1' instead of triac and test hopper on that machine.

Thank you , yes the transformer is working and this afternoon ive changed all the wires and all the connectors for new ones and tested and there seems to be power going through all the cables , ive wired it up the same as in the photo so i am sure that is right.

So the common ground between the i pac and pacdrive not being sent ....im not sure what you mean by this and what i need to do???

I have tried Hopper 1 and pressing test  but nothing happens .

I will have to have another go tomorrow after work..... I will get there in the end!! 😀

10 hours ago, Reg said:

@cja272 most importantly - don't rush - some things take a while to work out and sort out - things don't always happen overnight and can take a few days.  I remember a problem I once had with my T7 that I wanted to put a fist through the screen, it eventually got sorted.

So, that is a different PSU from what I linked first thing I would check here is it 100% working.

The next thing I would be doing us with a multimeter, buzzing out all the wires.  If you buzz the tips of hte wires from the three live from the PSU to the tips of each of the cables to the hopper...

image.png.19aa924980ab84929b55e39d6079beaf.png

...to...

image.png.875720fff78d567993744be2774dd3fc.png

...I would actually to the other end of these black, purple and white cables myself - but the screw heads should do.

Then do the same from the netural wire...

image.png.3ffbc3bf2f433f4b133ec540c766b830.png

...again to the three terminal points...

image.png.8c24dc86a2b961a12d798ef67e83d8f5.png                                                                                                                                                                                                               If using a multimeter, there is no common ground betweeen the iPac to the PacDrive I would think that might be the problem. as the signal betwene the [ or the ] on the pacdrive is not being sent as there is no shared grounding between those devices.

Right so when i check later what do i need to do if this is the problem?

If using a multimeter, there is no common ground betweeen the iPac to the PacDrive I would think that might be the problem. as the signal betwene the [ or the ] on the pacdrive is not being sent as there is no shared grounding between those devices.

@Reg Right so when i check later what do i need to do if this is the problem please 

Hi , well ive still not had any luck with this the hopper has not worked once !! im sure all the wires are correct ive even changed every wire and connection for new and still no luck ,ive checked with multimeter and power going through.

so in the photo what number goes into these boxes please and where do i get the number from? thats the only thing i can think of apart from what  @Regsays about the grounding but ive not got a clue what it is.

Any help please😀 @No1Stoney

Thank you

Output 15 and 16 is what we normally use for hoppers. Try using output 16 for hopper 1 and see if that helps. Don't forget to unplug the Pacdrive & restart MFME between tests. Or you may mistake something that works, as another failure, when it wasn't. 

BTW. Sometimes you can find the Triac numbers by looking at the Effects Tab. Or open up the Diag menu, and tick Misc, and watch what triacs get triggered when you collect a win.

Edited by Amusements
added some info
  • Like 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

Have you metered the power supply to see if it is actually delivering 24v ? For ease of testing, test with another mfme layout. A more modern one that only uses a £1 hopper. (Such as any £35 jackpot machine) and ditch the triac option for hopper. Then test. Its pointing towards faulty hopper or psu so using a simpler layout for testing will help hone in on the problem

• Like 1

The tiny white plug covering those 2 of the 3 pins on the right. Take it out

Although looking at it, its already in mode 1 as it only sits on 1 pin rather than bridging 2 of them. If that's the case, this won't solve your problem unfortunately 

Edited by No1Stoney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cja272 said:

Its got to be faulty and it is refurbished so its not new  , going to message the seller 

I can't see anything wrong looking at this thread - you gotta be right here.

Remember all of these are refurbs, they don't make them new anymore as well.

It'll get sorted and you'll have it working - nothings ever smooth in life.

• Like 1

@Reg ill get there soon 😀

While i waiting for the hopper to hopefully be sent back i might have a go at connecting my coin mech up .

Ive got the sr5i and a 12v power 

I take it pin 12 0v goes to the blue wire on my power supply then all the other ground wires go to the ground on the ipac?

Sorry for all the questions , hopefully i will be in a position to help other people once ive got it all working!

Many thanks 

image.png.f2c68e7ba308931d37fece926fc2dc98.png

Right I’ve connected 19 wires to the mech however I’ve got one pin spare right at the end ? And in the diagram above it goes to 21 pins so that should be 2 spare ?? 
thank you 

The red and black in the middle are 12v and 0v worried in case they in wrong place if I’m 1 wire out !

493B7C77-CA1F-4623-9FDF-674C0B9A31AD.jpeg

Edited by cja272

@cja272 I have no idea - that hopper is not the same as mine...

...I recall @No1Stoney saying the wiring is the same but you've not matched my diagram if it is...

26 minutes ago, cja272 said:

The red and black in the middle are 12v and 0v worried in case they in wrong place if I’m 1 wire out !

You are at lease one wire out I reckon I've mentioned in purple below.

image.thumb.png.14e520808b7d8a6afdef73478cabd1dd.png

Might be worthing looking at my original thread on how I grounded the PSU as well once you sorted the wires again - to clarify - I am not validating the wiring on that coin mech - I don't know it - I am only working on a comment that it's writed the same - your wiring does not reflect that.

image.thumb.png.480ea9c12ca818c1b055bc1aa230ac61.png

Just a thought - on the hopper problem - did you buzz the iPac and the PacDrive to make sure they are on a common ground ?

Basically touch both ground terminals on the iPac and PacDrive and see if it buzzes through - I am sure that's why I did the mod that @Wizard got me to do that I details on another thread by @appstrader just check that - it could be a grounding problem as I believe the iPac and PacDrive need to have a common ground for the signal to be sent to the hopper.  This was the thread there.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE NEGITIVE but I really believe let's get one problem fixed first which is the Hopper then move onto the Coin mech.

There is all the time in the world to do this and although I am really out of some suggestions on this joruney - it's easier to fix one problem at a time then moving from a working sitution onto the next.

• Like 1

The green wire as @Reg has pointed out, shouldn't be there. Pin 7 isn't used for this so should be left empty. Double check your wiring. The mech you have is 21 pin, the diagram I created was for a 17 pin version, however its exactly the same except you connect pins 18/19 to ground as with the other inhibit lines. I believe (although  not 100% right now) that the last 2 pins don't need connecting.