Wheel Of Wealth - £25 Jackpot, 30p Play @ 78% by SlotsMagic 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Well here it is, my first attempt at a DX. Made my own classic to start with. This layout will be far from perfect as this has been as much about me learning the ropes as it has been producing a new layout by finding some ROMs and a flyer for a machine which I don't believe has been done before.

It's pretty much a standard £25 jackpot Bell Fruit machine but with a disc reel rather than a band-reel or superboard which most machines of this era have.

This machine will have flaws - like I said above I've been trying to work out what I'm doing and already know thanks to @vectra666 among others that I've been doing things in a very long winded way when there are tools in the emulator to do things much more quickly!

I've mentioned a few bits issues in the notes section (quoted below), if you find anything that needs fixing feel free to post and I'll do my best to fix the layout.

Apologies to Reg for the chonky filesize!

Enjoy, and if you don't, feedback is welcome!

*Bell Fruit Games - Wheel of Wealth on £25 Jackpot, 30p Play @ 78%*

Layout created from scratch by SlotsMagic, layout version 1.0

With thanks to :

vectra666 (for letting me use his reel symbols for base game!)
Reg (for letting me use his disc reel mask!)
Wizard (for the emulator!)
and the members over at Desert Island Fruits!

*Keyboard shortcuts*
Insert £1 = 0
Start / Gamble = Spacebar
Holds 1, 2 and 3 = 1, 2, and 3
Cancel = '
Collect = C
Exchange = E
Transfer = T

*Known issues*
Note acceptor doesn't seem to work.
Transfer button doesn't seem to work (due to lack of note acceptor?)
Layout made at very high resolution - will cause slowdowns on low end PCs.

Layout available at www.desertislandfruits.com

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Awesome 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WOW! I did my first 2 recently and please may I ask, how did you manage to get the lighting effect for the icons?

I've tried it in GIMP but it just expands the icon as though something is pushing it from behind, not lighting round like yours does.

Absolutely love how you've done it and for a first attempt, I'm very impressed with it :D

Many thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more layouts from you in the future :)

I found that the wheel freezes on my laptop as well but it's years old so that's probably why.

Edited by Multi Retro Man
  • Like 1

Really great! The only thing that didn't work for me on my laptop was the wheel. It freezes when it spins, but catches up.

Well done!

• Like 1

same issue with the wheel, but also using on a laptop, but other than that its great.

@slotsmagic Note Acceptor seems to work fine on machine, as does the Transfer button.

Not sure if the bottom light on the wheel is wrong lamp number.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 02:30, JRSC01 said:

same issue with the wheel, but also using on a laptop, but other than that its great.

@slotsmagic Note Acceptor seems to work fine on machine, as does the Transfer button.

Not sure if the bottom light on the wheel is wrong lamp number.

There should actually be a piece of artwork covering the bottom of the reel - it's probably where the reel opto sensor and stuff were hidden on the original machine.

If I get around to doing a fixed version I'll implement it :)

WOW_DISCCOVER.jpg

Edited by slotsmagic
  • Like 2

Amazing first layout and a real credit to you. If this is what can be done on your first layout I can't wait to see what else you have in store!