OMEGA £4.80 DX 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

THANKS TO WIZARD R.I.P

THANKS TO BUGS AND TROUTMAN for the classic which i used to lamp this awesome release, THANKS TO @MPU_FIVE @infection for the assistance and imagery.

Never seen heard or knew of this until mpu5 requested it, but wow i'm glad he did, it's an absolute cracker of a game and a fantastic sound package to boot!!

shortcuts are within the layout notes upon startup. pretty simple game but pure enjoyment throughout

9 for token input

0 for cash

mix it up for the best gameplay people!!

If anyone else wants to make improvements or do their own version please do, and that goes for all of my releases. 

thanks to the community and for the feedback as always.

las vegas strip here i come!!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not a lot of features like modern games but plays really nice and to top it off, sound clips from Fine Young Cannibals songs.

Many thanks for this release :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Road Hog Mad said:

@Multi Retro Man  hmm yeah and then some weird sync sounds lol

That could be "Jack Your Body" by Steve Silk Hurley..... That was one of the first songs I ever heard on a Sony Walkman that my mate had at school. Really awesome stereo effects. :)

• Haha 2

Just now, Multi Retro Man said:

That could be "Jack Your Body" by Steve Silk Hurley..... That was one of the first songs I ever heard on a Sony Walkman that my mate had at school. Really awesome stereo effects. :)

Or Smalltown Boy by The Communards..... :D  (Can you tell I love 80s music?)

• Awesome 1

On 10/02/2022 at 21:53, woodsy said:

Anything for you mate!! ;) 

Been playing this for 3 weeks now. You can really buzz it up with tokens and it wont pay out much out until you put £1 cash in, then it goes nuts. I got the drift up to £250 before getting bored and playing cash. 

I have attached the happy machine if anyone want's a go. Note that I changed £1 to key '5' as I kept forgetting while buzzing it up with tokens and pressing the '0' without thinking.

Does anyone else know of other machines that can be made happy with tokens?

OMEGA SAVED - 5 is 1GBP.zip

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rick said:

Been playing this for 3 weeks now. You can really buzz it up with tokens and it wont pay out much out until you put £1 cash in, then it goes nuts. I got the drift up to £250 before getting bored and playing cash. 

I have attached the happy machine if anyone want's a go. Note that I changed £1 to key '5' as I kept forgetting while buzzing it up with tokens and pressing the '0' without thinking.

Does anyone else know of other machines that can be made happy with tokens?

OMEGA SAVED - 5 is 1GBP.zip 4.86 MB · 0 downloads

i think @andrew96 iirc had a thread about maygays doing this, if you play them solely with tokens they pay cash and vice versa, iirc it was a monopoly game they were testing it on, really interesting but i may be wrong with the author if so sorry andrew..

This pays both when playing tokens, but just plays really tight.

It's really interesting to me as we used to buy tokens by the thousand years ago at about 2p each. Was around this time as arcades were mostly £6 JP but many £4.80's still about. I seem to remember that with the Maygay machines popular then such as Eastenders, by switching to cash after a while you could get a pay out. But I could never really test the theory

Problem was, arcade machines rarely held more than £40 in cash. so you could end up having to leave the machine owing.  You couldn't have machines all over the place in error state, so we used to walk when they switched to paying out in 20p's. It was great for us as a group of kids at the seaside on a weekend away, but just like with emptiers, you couldn't have made a living from it. The industry chose the £8 all cash JP over the £1 token about 27 years ago (according to Coin Slot), which killed our chances of making our fortunes, damnit!  :D 

I think I'll try some other machines from this era and report back, though I imagine I'm one of the few that gives a rats arse, lol.