WHATS INVOLVED IN CREATING A DX

Ginge

HI Everyone have been playing about with MFME V19 for a few days now thanks again to @wizard  (Albus Dumbledore)  and I have recreated a couple of basic classics and starting to get to grips with it. Please could someone advice me on how to attach graphics/pictures to a classic layout and even how to get started on trying to create a dx version how do you go about getting the graphics of the actual machines on to the layout.

Use the DX lamp Creator.

If you have a look at existing DX's, that should give you a clue as how they're put together.  Just pull them apart and see what's what, it's the best way to learn.

[TIP] In Edit Mode, right click on stuff ;)

• Like 2

When you have your pic from the machine you would like to do ready for the emulator go on edit mode ,right click on the background ,properties,load your background and apply. Right click on the background resize to background image and place all your lamps at the right place . To dx the lamps here is a video how this is done. Look at 7min 30 sec.

Greetings spidy

• Like 2
  • Amots Drink 1

1 hour ago, Spidy21982 said:

When you have your pic from the machine you would like to do ready for the emulator go on edit mode ,right click on the background ,properties,load your background and apply. Right click on the background resize to background image and place all your lamps at the right place . To dx the lamps here is a video how this is done. Look at 7min 30 sec.

Greetings spidy

Thanks for this a very good (quick) incite into DXing. What we are short of video's like this. Could this video be made sticky or added to The Laboratory area?

Again thanks for this and hope you all staying safe in Germany.😷

Edited by evo1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ginge said:

Thanks for the tips I think I get all the lamping process now, how do you get the background pictures of the machines looking so realistic and crisp ?

Great that it helped. Most work is photoshop . First i setup the case then fill in the glasses and last i draw the buttons and put the graphics on.

For the buttons i made me a template what is variable so i can change the perspective to get depth and  that its look like youre standing in the middle of the machine.

• Like 1