What is the quickest way to increase the brightness of the whole machine?

uptown47

I'm currently refreshing some of the machines on my cabinet and doing some general jiggery-pokery with a frontend etc.

I've noticed a few machines are darker than I would like. However, if I go into Design mode and just raise the brightness of the background then I noticed that a lot of the other assets aren't transparent - they are just set into a background that matches the dark background I'm trying to fix.

Is there a quicker way to raise the brightness of the background? Or is the only way to download all the bmps of all the assets and then change their background colour to the new shade in photoshop and then reload back to the machine? Would love some expert advice on the best way to proceed here?

These screenshots illustrate what I'm talking about....

eastenders-dark.thumb.png.77ec3e4698b3fc37df72dc90dac9a26f.pngeastenders-light.thumb.png.3247b2283798ac82f7e65293b68918e1.png

Note: I've increased the brightness more than I would actually like to exaggerate the transparency problem to make it easier to see the issue.

Edited by uptown47

Does the  dx editor brighten the various arts up it darkens em down with more contrast etc 

goto edit mode (red bar up top)

dx editor then add brightness to each art off/on1/on2 make each one the same brightness ie +50 on all three

click apply to each then remask 

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Does the  dx editor brighten the various arts up it darkens em down with more contrast etc 

goto edit mode (red bar up top)

dx editor then add brightness to each art off/on1/on2 make each one the same brightness ie +50 on all three

click apply to each then remask 

That's great Vectra. Thanks for your help with that. I can see how a bit of tweaking can get that sorted.

Really appreciate you passing that on (also really appreciate all your hard work on here - most of my fave machines are your hard work so a big Thank You from me!)

Cheers :)

1 hour ago, uptown47 said:

That's great Vectra. Thanks for your help with that. I can see how a bit of tweaking can get that sorted.

Really appreciate you passing that on (also really appreciate all your hard work on here - most of my fave machines are your hard work so a big Thank You from me!)

Cheers :)

Did it work for you

Only had a really quick look at it. Couldn't find the DX editor that you mentioned but found another option in the Design menu 2nd from bottom that gave me 4 screens including a mono screen on the right. Looked like I could play around with those. 

But I had to leave it as were on our way to the airport to go on my holiday. Just sat waiting for the wife at the moment so posting back. 

Will try again when I'm back on the 24th.

Thanks for all yours and Tommy's help so far. 

• Like 1