One armed bandits ?

George Bum

I'm sorry if this is well known, but I don't really know what to look for. I'm wondering if anyone has emulated the bog standard "one armed bandits" of the 70's and 80's as seen at travelling "shows" in the uk and suchlike ? i've looked through some of the machines here but they seem to all be the more involved, multi event sort of type. i'm looking for something really basic, a 2p slot or something like that. does anyone know of any that are available via emulation ? Picture for reference

onearmedbandit.jpg

You are talking about electro-mechanical machines, which possibly can be emulated. But you'd need the schematics diagram for the machine at the very least.

Current fruit machines and those from the late 70's have rom chips for programs and sounds to tell them what to do and the emulator, reads those roms.

But before roms, it was very different. And basically the roms are replaced in the emulator, with information inputted from the schematic diagrams for electro-mechanical machines. But that's just the basics of it.

We do have a few electro-mechanical machines emulated, such as the one in the below video.

Watch our members chopaholic video (Harry Headwound on Youtube). Even if you don't want to watch it all, at least watch it from 29:05 for about 5 minutes for an explanation on how this machine was emulated.

Edited by wearecity