A little help please

merivaman41

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong area, I was not sure where to put this.

Secondly would really like to thank all the authors who create these fantastic layouts - A really Big Thank you to you all.

Now onto my problem/question... I have a few machine layouts that have other things around the machine is there a way to remove these I have cropped some within the MFME program but would like to have black all around the layout of the machine if possible, the reason is im going to be putting this in a cabinet with a screen in portrait mode and would like the layout to fill the screen, I admit as a pensioner im pretty hopeless with art programs but can use the MS paint program if thats any help to remove things just not sure how to do this is its even possible.

I thank you in advance for any help / advise you maybe able to offer.

Dave. 

• Like 1

Quick way is:

enable edit mode: Design > Edit Mode (bar will turn red when enabled)

1.jpg.dc14ab0929033140129ee9c5a899f90e.jpg

Drag the window to required width

2.jpg.8160785e11c962e18dc2f717a07ec9ce.jpg

3.jpg.93ea31df5ea363fe3f6a135ed479bc01.jpg

Save the layout: Design > Layout / Game > Save Layout (should default to the folder the layout is in) save over the current .fml file. 

4.JPG.de430173fbefa9d16fc52357b754d224.JPG

Done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, davew3 said:

Wow, sounds like a good idea, is this going to be a touch screen cab too ?

I think that would look pretty awesome in anyone’s man cave, loaded with all the roms…

Hello davew3, no I dont think so I have seen some on YouTube who have used a pat or puc drive ( I think it was called ) to use real fruit machine buttons that light up which looks really good so I am thinking of going down this route, my grand son said he can build me a cabinet to put it in.

5 hours ago, merivaman41 said:

Thank you @Ross for the reply, i have already done that , what i need is a way to colour out or blacken the areas around the layout / machine

For example how can i black colour round this i dont see a jpg or png etc... in the folder

image.png.30c97edadc78a10fe209b9745baf8912.png

Via dx editor you’ll need to save the “OFF” image to desktop then open a program like photoshop old said image and lasso around the edges of the machine and fill in black 

then reload said image back into mfme 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

Via dx editor you’ll need to save the “OFF” image to desktop then open a program like photoshop old said image and lasso around the edges of the machine and fill in black 

Will that work on published layouts?

8 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Thank you so much sir, I will give this a try later sounds pretty straight forward even for me. Thank you.

Update :  Awesome I have managed to do it, took a bit to figure out found it under lamp creator, did the alterations clicked ReMask Images and way hey done,  and was very easy so massive thanks.

Edited by merivaman41
  • Like 1