What does the "Barcrest" button say on newer machines and what feature does it generally do?

dnsmate

I figure this is a newbie question from a non-Brit (Brit wanna be perhaps?).

On the newer Barcrest Machines there's a "Barcrest" Button in the main bottom row that I haven't found a graphic of high enough resolution to actually read what's on that button and see what the mascot is?

In a game, what does that button generally do when lit?  (I haven't played enough Barcrest games to figure it out on my own, but I am doing some cabinet button layout mapping and wanting to see where it fits best in my schema.

Thank you!!

If you are talking about machines with £15 - £70 jackpots, then the button has a few different uses.

It's basically a hint or slow down button.

So depending on the machine, it's can be used to slow down a skill stop, give a true skill on a mystery, bonus or dapple gamble. Also it can give a hint as to what the next hi-lo number will be, or even give a hint on what a feature does, before you decide to take it.

On some machines, you hear a laugh sample, when it activates, but if the button lights during gameplay, it's always of use. 

If it says anything, it usually, lets play or play Barcrest or just has the Mr Barcrest logo on it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wearecity said:

If you are talking about machines with £15 - £70 jackpots, then the button has a few different uses.

It's basically a hint or slow down button.

So depending on the machine, it's can be used to slow down a skill stop, give a true skill on a mystery, bonus or dapple gamble. Also it can give a hint as to what the next hi-lo number will be, or even give a hint on what a feature does, before you decide to take it.

On some machines, you hear a laugh sample, when it activates, but if the button lights during gameplay, it's always of use. 

If it says anything, it usually, lets play or play Barcrest or just has the Mr Barcrest logo on it.

Or my all time favourite but slightly older phrase “YOU CAN DO IT OLD BOY” never get tired of hearing that

• Like 1

living the dream

3 hours ago, dondplayer said:

Well you've confused me by saying 'newer Barcrest machines' - back in the 1990s many Barcrest's had the Barcrest button but I assume that's not what you are talking about ?

Sorry! 1990’s IS a newer fruit to me!

Edited by dnsmate