Small Cabinet Build

Road Hog Mad

So now my BIG cabinet has been sold, (boohoo) I wondered if anyone had built a cabinet using say a touchscreen laptop?

I'm curious, how small and still being functional we can these in a small build format?

This would have to include smaller coin mechs (I think someone on here had some off AliExpress), not sure how well they worked.

Be better if they could be the old style tube pay-out as tubes are narrower than hoppers!

2 minutes ago, Road Hog Mad said:

What I might do is implement the existing touch/scroll pad thing from the laptop. Dunno. Saves buying a touchscreen thing from taliban express.

oh snap.. i've got two donor lappy's i can brutalize and claim you showed me how to do it.. hahahah, seriously though i'm well up for trying similar, i have no idea what to do though with motherboards etc could i possibly remove the screen part and extend the connection from the keyboard section to allow me to keep my head in the game with what you're doing etc. i think thats the only way i could follow along for now. i have a spare lappy runs mfme fine enough, so just disconnect the screen cable and extend it would be fine yeah? then the other stuff i can follow along..

ps i have exactly the same two remotes beside me and some 88vape juice too hahah

• Haha 1

living the dream

Yeah they look like the ones off arcade world, I think they're a little cheaper on Arcade World... Square 32mm High Profile Illuminated Arcade Button - Arcade World UK They're the one's I used. They come with the switch and 5v led bulb.

Anyway, update... Done all the buttons and they light up apart from the top right white one, it still works if pressed but as I was doing it I remembered I needed X2 for the hoppers, there is only 16 slots on that unit and I have 15 buttons. So it's like the 4th chimney on the Titanic (a dummy).

Coin mechs gone over to BF74 from the mecca, and I await some advice on alterative hoppers as them Azkoyen 12V ones are £45 each!! . As I'm using bits from a laptop I will have to source a 12V power supply, I have a spare PSU but was looking for something smaller, I may up using that though.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1