reel overlay transparency when not using image with right angles?

woodsy

vecs has been trying to get me to understand but i can't for the life of me get my head around it. how do i put the reels behind the picture background that is my layout? step by step please i'm not good with instructions etc, screenshots preferable if anyone can help.. if i square off the windows they won't look great as had to skew the photo to begin with.. losing my mind with something probably simple? tried this overlay thing and it doesn't work, am i supposed to use photoshop or mfme to create a overlay and how please? driving me crazy and i imagine vecs too.. sorry... @Tommy c @dad can you help at all please?

image.thumb.png.0d787213bdcaeffda5baf3ef8a92652c.png

living the dream

Assuming you have already used a solid colour on the image behind the reels to begin with....

In MFME.. Ensure the reel covers the whole area of the reel space on the image. The reel will be slightly overlapping for now, thats fine.

Right click the reel --> Properties. Click Overlay tab. Right click the chequered area, and click create overlay.

Then right click the image that appears, and click transparency --> Set from centre

Apply

This will only work if you have used a single solid colour on the photoshopped image where the reel is to go. 

reel.jpg.43e7d1b6782c78c739f7a81dbd271e4a.jpg

Edited by No1Stoney
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1